Visvim S/S 08

PAND

It's at least $400 for the zipper one and $450 for the New Year's one. My shop still has them I think, if you need some help, I might be able to do something.

Thanks for the info; sucks that the US prices are so much more than Japan - retail there is less than $300

Don't mean to shit up this thread with more sizing questions but...Anybody have the Hockney Folks? Do they fit the same at the Lhamo's (wear 11 in these)? Heard that usually Hockneys run a little small, should i get the 11 or 12. Any help is appreciated.

i have both in US12 and they both fit perfect.

the OG leather hockneys run small not the FOLK.

the annoying part is that hiroki keeps talking this shit about 'just wanting to make good products and hating marketing gimmicks... blah blah blah'

but his entire business model is built on making limited quantities and selling it largely to resellers and hypebeasts. its built off the hype of being associated with HF. not that they're not good products, but that jap must be kidding himself trying to sell made in china sneakers for 3 bills and tell us that its not about the marketing.

the annoying part is that hiroki keeps talking this shit about 'just wanting to make good products and hating marketing gimmicks... blah blah blah'

but his entire business model is built on making limited quantities and selling it largely to resellers and hypebeasts. its built off the hype of being associated with HF. not that they're not good products, but that jap must be kidding himself trying to sell made in china sneakers for 3 bills and tell us that its not about the marketing.

Hiroki/Visvim do talk a lot about making good products, but I haven't heard too much about "hating marketing." At the end of the day, Visvim is still a business and marketing is necessary. The difference is others have good marketing and bad product, Visvim has good marketing and good products. Still, if you want high quality, you're going to have to pay.

can*there be a moratorium on "if you want high quality, you're going to have to pay" ... because there's plenty of stuff that's "high quality" that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. and there's plenty of stuff that's "low quality" that does. so it doesn't really prove anything, and what's worse it leads you *away* from the point of being an educated consumer. if high quality = high prices, then we could just move away from looking at the "quality" of the products we are consuming and just run toward the high prices.

I think for a lot of people the shock just comes from seeing shoes that were selling for around 200 a year or two ago selling at almost 400 now. While it was a pipedream from the start, I'm sure a lot of people thought that the G-Line was going to be more reasonably priced. Now, if you compare it to what places like Union and Huf were selling Visvim for a year or two ago, it's actually higher than the stuff imported from Japan.

Hiroki/Visvim do talk a lot about making good products, but I haven't heard too much about "hating marketing." At the end of the day, Visvim is still a business and marketing is necessary. The difference is others have good marketing and bad product, Visvim has good marketing and good products. Still, if you want high quality, you're going to have to pay.

they refuse to acknowledge the fact that they are as popular as they are now not because of their products. while they do make good products, they are this hyped because HF backed them. I like visvim, I just don't like the contradictory bullshit they try to pull.

im not knocking the products or company. im knocking their refusal to acknowledge the fact that they live and die based on hypebeasts. theres just too much contradiction between a company that claims to not like marketing while selling $400 made-in-china sneakers to hypebeasts and reseller shops.

and if the rampant use of nigga is accepted here, i think its ok to call a jap a jap.

i don't mind paying for quality, so visvim's prices don't bother me too much.

lately i've been selling off a shitload of my old crap that i've accumulated over the years(limited nike this and that). i've been getting like $300-400 for $100 nikes. when you think about it that way - i'd rather have $300 visvims on my feet than some union 180's...

btw - i have a pair of DS tiffany dunks - size US 9.5... hit me up!

http://shop.doverstreetmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=1889

# # #

JP RRP on the BALLISTIC 55 anyone?

i don't mind paying for quality, so visvim's prices don't bother me too much.

lately i've been selling off a shitload of my old crap that i've accumulated over the years(limited nike this and that). i've been getting like $300-400 for $100 nikes. when you think about it that way - i'd rather have $300 visvims on my feet than some union 180's...

but the same people buying those nikes off of you probably collect visvims too. i see more visvim at reseller shops nowadays than any other brand.

i aint gonna bash visvim anymore cause i genuinely do like the actual products as well as the basic concept of taking classics and updating them with better materials/construction/technology. its just the semi-recent wave of fanboy-ism and visvim using reverse-marketing tactics that annoy me. those fucking $250 flip flops piss me off too.

or maybe im just mad cause i cant afford the plaid 3L gore tex nomad.

Greetings. This is the crew over at Union Los Angeles, we are officially here on Superfuture to keep you infomed and updated about the going ons with Visvim. Any questions, comments, inquiries just hit us up and we will guide you along the way. If you are in the LA area, come through the shop, hang out, bring a snack or two for the staff, and enjoy the store.

I had mailed you to ask about the visvim and neighborhood infor, but unfortunately i got ignored :mad:

I know I've arrived to the show very late, but I'm looking for a decent backpack and I think the Ballistic 20 might qualify. I don't really know much about the brand (the shoes don't do it for me at all) but the bags seem to look well made and subtle, and who better to ask than this thread.

I'm very hard on bags - I bought a Stussy/Turntable Labs pack before christmas and it's already falling apart. On the other hand, my old Boblbee was bought in 2000 and despite a new shell is still holding up well, so I'm looking for something with that kind of build quality etc.

Is Visvim's shit that together? Will a Ballistic 20 have enough room for a macbook, a couple of large wallets for cables etc, plus room for a sweater? How about that plus whatever you'd need on a plane? Would the 25 be better?

Finally, is it still possible to buy one, or do I have to wait for A/W now?

nigga just get that nike buzz lightyear backpack, that thing has a million pockets for all your sweaters and shit.

the 20L is big enough for a laptop, cables and a hoodie. i think the 25L just doesnt look as good. same goes for the 30L, which is just too big.

also, dont think just cause you paying $400 for a backpack means it's 4x as good quality as a northface. at most its probably as good, but not better. youre paying for the brand/hype/design more than pure physical quality. thats what a lotta niggas here got confused (no young buck).

me personally, i love the look of the 20L so im looking to pick up one of the '06 all black models without the fruity colored zipper.

^ i think you might be right.. to an extent. i wouldn't go so far as to say northface is comparable in quality, because Vis does use leather bottom and cordura ballistic nylon through out. My north face has developed a few small holes on the bottom, and the bottom uses heavier guage nylon than other parts of the bag.

one thing i did notice in visvim, is the backpack lacks lateral support. So if the bag is holding say a few books and a laptop there is some significant buckling where the straps meet the bottom of the bag. dunno if this bothers anyone, but it's something i noticed

nigga just get that nike buzz lightyear backpack, that thing has a million pockets for all your sweaters and shit.

Hmm. Perhaps among all the 'niggas' you missed the fact that I want something subtle. You can't exactly turn up to a conference or meeting looking like Buzz Lightyear unless you work for Star Command.

I guess Tumi or LV will see my cash instead.

I know I've arrived to the show very late, but I'm looking for a decent backpack and I think the Ballistic 20 might qualify. I don't really know much about the brand (the shoes don't do it for me at all) but the bags seem to look well made and subtle, and who better to ask than this thread.

I'm very hard on bags - I bought a Stussy/Turntable Labs pack before christmas and it's already falling apart. On the other hand, my old Boblbee was bought in 2000 and despite a new shell is still holding up well, so I'm looking for something with that kind of build quality etc.

Is Visvim's shit that together? Will a Ballistic 20 have enough room for a macbook, a couple of large wallets for cables etc, plus room for a sweater? How about that plus whatever you'd need on a plane? Would the 25 be better?

Finally, is it still possible to buy one, or do I have to wait for A/W now?

I've had my ballistic 20 for almost 2 years and it's still holding up really well. I think you would be able to fit all of your needs in the 20, but if you're carrying a lot on the plane then a 25 might be better. I do, to a certain extent agree with others here in that many of the products are overpriced, maybe even some backpacks. But it's not much different than with other high end brands, and there's many people (including me) that really enjoy Visvim products. I'm happy with mine and if you're thinking about getting one, there's websites that are still selling them for average prices.

After some thinking on the subject I think I'll buy a TAD Gear EDC pack instead; similar to the Vis but with MOLLE, a lifetime warranty, and half the price.

Thanks for the info though.