Visvim S/S 08

PAND

Honeyee interview about the Folk Line. Goes into materials used and design philosophy. Some better pics of the FBT Bearfoot and the Foley. I'd love to see a profile shot of the bearfoot, because the Vibram sole looks so thin head on. That is the aesthetic he's going for, but I'm wondering how these are going to hold up, especially when I imagine the price will be higher than the regular line.

http://www.honeyee.com/think/2008/visvim_folk/index.html

Union nyc has the holiday series fbts and kiefers.

in stock as of today.

available by request for good customers only.

not going on display according to the manager.

they were supposed to arrive a month ago, but got shipped by BOAT not by AIR...

other than that, they are just waiting for Elk FBTs and the only stateside shipment of the Folk series. They just found out that they will only be getting the Folk FBT and not any of the other models despite previous promises that they would get other models as well. They dont know when any of the FBTs are going to arrive.

They also had some deadstock Wolfes in black and brown for only $99!

Union nyc has the holiday series fbts and kiefers.

in stock as of today.

available by request for good customers only.

not going on display according to the manager.

they were supposed to arrive a month ago, but got shipped by BOAT not by AIR...

other than that, they are just waiting for Elk FBTs and the only stateside shipment of the Folk series. They just found out that they will only be getting the Folk FBT and not any of the other models despite previous promises that they would get other models as well. They dont know when any of the FBTs are going to arrive.

They also had some deadstock Wolfes in black and brown for only $99!

good update.... does anyone know how much the folk series are going for

Update email from sophnet (translated). Does this mean that their stores will be reopening + restocked on 3/20? Can we expect that the Soph/Visim Hockney's will be released then?

2 / 13 (wed), SOPH.WEB site has been updated.

<SOPH.WEB SAITO>

Http://www.soph.net

Http://www.fcrb.net

Http://www.uniformexperiment.jp

TOPICS

■ SOPH.OSAKA OPEN

http://www.soph.net/OSAKA/

Upcoming March 20 (Thursday), 9 stores nationwide will be opened, the SOPH.OSAKA.

Open web site at SOPH.OSAKA please visit commemorative items.

We will update from time to time to our customers, so please stay tuned.

SOPH.SHOP [/] DEALER

http://www.soph.net/main/index.html

I can safely say that, being one of the few people on this site to first amp up this brand, I haven't liked a single thing they have come out with for almost a year now........really sad.

is it just 'cause of the hype? if so that is really sad. granted they have pumped out a lot of garbage especially to the States through gline but a year ago would also include (from sketchy memory) everything from s/s07? nomad? bickle? otolina jackets? ancestors + elk gres? all amazing pieces.

Update Union nyc guy had told me visvim is really stepping up their prices due to manufacturing costs. FOlk series will cost 500 retail at union stores when they get em. He said visvim is moving towards being like DIOR.

better comparison is CDG

Aren't they going to be made in China? If so, how is that stepping up manufacturing costs?

No knock on made in China goods, but if anything prices should go down.

overall the countries the shoes are being produced in is costing visvim more money. plus the US dollar value is going down, and the cost for UNION to carry the shoes has gone up. they dont even make really make profit from carrying the shoes.

Why anyone would want to buy Visvim at European/US prices is beyond me. $500 for a pair? When you can get it from FIL for $360-$380.

Nevertheless, with this price hike, hopefully all the 07 dick riders of Visvim (read that as "my fellow Americans") will fall off board and go back to The Hundreds and 10 Deep.

Lastly who wants to buy Visvim nowadays?...perhaps I'll save that argument for another time.