Visvim S/S 08

PAND

..ehh..not great at all. The sneaker is just a re-hash of the Stan Smiths.

well thats really no suprise if you consider the fact that visvim basically re-makes popular shoe models. theirs usually being far superior to the original in terms of fitment, material quality, finish and depending on case, style as well.

looking forward to ss08, I'm quite interested in the folk getup. not sure when it will start rolling in but apparently japanese stores have already put orders in.

^^^

agreed on your point about the quality. I'd actually like to see those sneakers in person to see what type of things they did to upgrade it. Don't know if they can do too much to improve on the Stan Smiths. Elk leather?

I keep hearing that all the tech will be inside the shoe and not outside, not sure what that means.

i still want a pair of fbts

are they re-releasing the elk leather model?

i know jack shit about visvim but i remember glancing over a linesheet recently

You can wait for the Elk FBT thats part of the FW07-08 range, it should be coming out, initially i was told it was gonna be out in December but I guess it was pushed back.

FOLK line s/s 08

“ FBT BEAR FOOT ” \39,900-『 honeyee.mag/Vol.3 』『 ENGINE/FEB 』

“ FBT KIDS ? ”    \**,***-『 honeyee.mag/Vol.3 』『 HN.BLOG/November19,2007 』

“ FOLEY-FOLK ”  \37,800-『 honeyee.mag/Vol.3 』『 EYESCREAM/FEB 』『 POPEYE/FEB 』

“ ISLAND LAKE SLIPPERS-FOLK ”  \38,850- 『 HN.BLOG/January02,2008 』『 F.I.L. 』

“ HOCKNEY-FOLK ”     \38,850- 『 GQ JAPAN/FEB 』

“ BUCKMINSTER-FOLK ? ”  \45,150- 『 ENGINE/FEB 』

“ VIRGIL BOOTS-FOLK ”   \56,700- 『 SENSE/FEB 』

Tnx for the scans. What's up with the Folk line thou? The Hockneys look a lot more like Sperry's compared to the regular pair which looks sleeker.

I'd like to see more of the "inside the shoe tech" that they'v been talking about, it's supposed to be the reason why the Folk line is more expensive right?

Is that pic of the stan smith supposed to be a cutaway of what's on the inside of the shoe, or do they really have that leather arch support thing? Looks weird.

Hockney's are alright but I think the whole draw of the original was the redrawing of a familiar silhouette. These barely look different than Top Siders now minus the sole.

i love visvim, but i agree these hockneys strip away most of the best part of the hockney design. too much like grandpa's docksiders. even if they do look cushy and comfy as fuck.

the boat shoe that you will want this summer is the ZAPATO DE BARCO that is new in the s/s08 Vans catalog

great styling, lots and lots of colors and materials coming out

and unlike visvim, you can beat them up and not have to care

or wear them all summer with no socks so they smell like blue cheese and throw them out on labor day

Looking into getting a pair of Visvim Kiefer Hi (Pic below). I know in the previous seas people say they fit big so you should size down. Wondering if this is still true. I am a US 8 in a chucks. Wondering if anybody can comment on size and even better quality. Last year i bought a pair of burgandy cyphers (size 9.5) in the wrong color and had to sell them :( Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

RTEmagicC_vsvm_newyearscol_1.jpg.jpg

Looking into getting a pair of Visvim Kiefer Hi (Pic below). I know in the previous seas people say they fit big so you should size down. Wondering if this is still true. I am a US 8 in a chucks. Wondering if anybody can comment on size and even better quality. Last year i bought a pair of burgandy cyphers (size 9.5) in the wrong color and had to sell them :( Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

RTEmagicC_vsvm_newyearscol_1.jpg.jpg

Wouldn't bother, all ugly as hell. Move on kids.

i usually wear a 10.5 in nike, vans, adidas and a 10 in chucks. a size 10 in kiefers fits me fine. in fact, im pretty much a 10 across the board for all visvim shoes. maybe i could have gone a half size down on elk leather fbts, but since you are probably a size 8 in visvim, you dont have that luxury.

is it me or does visvim stuff get more expensive each season?

or is it just this folk line stuff that is more expensive than the regular stuff

I noticed this trend too. Maybe they are justifying it by using higher quality materials or something, I dunno. But for instance I remember FBTs going for $188 in 2005 and $308 in 2007. I know to take in inflation, supply/demand, yadda yadda, but still.

Really, what makes them so ugly? Just wondering not being sarcastic. They are pretty plain looking, just black leather shoes. Anybody help on the sizing???

The glossy leather seems of lower quality. It's pretty stiff

How are Visvim's technical garments in relation to an actual technical outdoor brand. Eyeing up the Visvim Herringbone Bickle, but unsure of the technical aspects etc.

As well, what should I expect from a 3-layer Gore-Tex garmet in terms of warmth, protection from elements etc.

How are Visvim's technical garments in relation to an actual technical outdoor brand. Eyeing up the Visvim Herringbone Bickle, but unsure of the technical aspects etc.

As well, what should I expect from a 3-layer Gore-Tex garmet in terms of warmth, protection from elements etc.

i'd say not as perfect for outdoor as those Professional outdoor brand. But the cut is a lot better.

3L gore won't keep you warm, it simply keep the water and wind outside. you'd need a insulator to keep you warm or get a windstopper layerd product.

i'd say not as perfect for outdoor as those Professional outdoor brand. But the cut is a lot better.

3L gore won't keep you warm, it simply keep the water and wind outside. you'd need a insulator to keep you warm or get a windstopper layerd product.

Thanks for the info, repped

I am looking for a non-technical looking jacket with all the amenities offered by high tech materials etc.

I assume 3L gore will be too hot in the mild Spring/Fall climates of Hong Kong

Thanks for the info, repped

I am looking for a non-technical looking jacket with all the amenities offered by high tech materials etc.

I assume 3L gore will be too hot in the mild Spring/Fall climates of Hong Kong

Dont do 2 or 3L. I'd do paclite.