Has anybody tapered their Thin Finns?

home

I'm really interested in buying some Thin Finn's in Black Dry Coated, however I'm not sold on the fit - particularly down the leg.

Has anybody decreased the hem width by tapering the leg of their Thin Finns? I'm interested in hearing any experiences in doing this. I will probably end up tapering the leg hem to about 6" if I go ahead with this, but I'm just worried that this may look a little odd due to the baggier 'yoke' on the Thin Finn. Will the contrast between baggy top and near-skin-tight bottom be overbearing?

Thanks for any feedback.

Are you serious?

Have you see a pair in person?

I'm not sure how much smaller you can possibly make the Thin Finn leg opening..

Guest panicinapagoda

dont worry about excessive top block bagginess, my finns were basically skin tight in the thighs. tho i must say, the hem isnt as small as a77s or hobokens.

Home, just make sure you can still get your foot through it ;)

I don't think you're going to get many useful opinions, because its not something many people have felt the need to do! It's obviously going to be a fairly extreme look, but as long as the fit remains consistant (ie: similar tightness on the lower legs to the thighs), then I think you'll achieve what you're after.

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Yeah, I have tried them on - I did so yesterday. Sized down to 28 and I still wasnt getting the desired look through the leg (well, below the knee). I guess this may seem a little extreme, but I'm used to wearing April 77.

I want the Nudie this time because I'm really digging their coated effect. I'm actually beginning to think I'll pick up some coated Slim Jims (not as baggy in the yoke?) and taper them to about 6" at the hem. Perhaps this will work better?

Is there a long john dry black coated? Where to cop?

Anywhere in Australia.

Think the northern hemisphere will cop in Summer '08.

I would get the coated Long Johns (sweet fit down the leg), but I'm not feeling the low rise, feels/looks too femme in my eyes.

oh, thanks! would it be safe to assume that a 26 would have a 6 inch opening..

well it would, wouldn't it?

but it's not safe to assume

according to context cluthinx, 30 and 31 are both 7 inches.

so the sizing isn't necessarily determined in arithmatic sequences.

and i'm not even too sure if they make a 26.