My denim project 2nd sample version

Conie Jeans

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these jeans look pretty nice. The back pockets are little too Nudie-ish for me, but you said you really like nudies so it is natural that you would tend towards those types of back pockets. The selvage coin pocket is a nice little kicker, but I am really digging those fly buttons. You should look into hidden rivets as well. They don't really add much functionality, but they definitely add character. I also like the leather patch. Maybe try getting someone to hand tool the leather patches for you. I think that might add a bit of originality.

BTW I like the arcs on the second pair of jeans. (on the left).

About the back pocket I think that too, but I did not mean to copy from nudie, I just like for first time I drew the pattern..

Hidden rivets is a character..I might want to look how to get them...

Yes, I ordered HOT IRON BRANDING, they are on the way...hopefully will be here by Monday or Tuesday next week...I cannot wait for that...

These look awesome. I like the newer arcs better, but I agree about needing a longer inseam. People can always hem the inseam shorter, but you'll be locking a lot of people out if you only do 32-24.

waiting for fit pics

I prefer the arcuates on the left too, have you thought of slimming down the arcuates though? like make them thinner and see how that looks. I might like the right design arcuate better if it was a bit slimmer. Great job so far though the jeans look good.

Loving the new arcuate design(on the left), a big improv from the first pair, congrats =]

And I would suggest going with an inseam of 34-36, I'm 5'11, I wear a 34, wouldn't mind going up to 36, my friend is 5'6 and he still wears a 36 in his imp dukes (the stacking is crazy).

I also second slimming down the arcuates and seeing how that would look.

Do you know what the leg opening is on a pair of 32 waists?

im digging the coin pocket selvage, and the maximizing of the chain-stitch. you seem to improve with time...by next year you'll have a bamboo loom with which to loom your own denim! good work, good details. dont worry about a snazzy patch. sometimes less is more...you could call them "Blank Label".

im digging the coin pocket selvage, and the maximizing of the chain-stitch. you seem to improve with time...by next year you'll have a bamboo loom with which to loom your own denim! good work, good details. dont worry about a snazzy patch. sometimes less is more...you could call them "Blank Label".

To have my own denim mills is still long way to go, but I am planning to grow my own Indigo Leaves here after I visit Japan this month I will try to learn from them, I really cannot wait for that moment.

I try as hard as I can to make a better jeans from previous sample that I have done so far, this is just the beginning and all you supports is really means something to me...:)

"Blank Lable" sounds good to me...but this week I will get the IRON BRAND then I can show you the Final design of my patches :)

cheers thx

these are real nice for just your second pair.

how's the stiffness of the denim? crispy still?

if you get a chance, do a run in each size from 27-34 and have users wear them and bring you back the results. this way you'll know if you can make a real business outta these.

good luck