aznthugs.jpg

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ u got that confuse with vietnamese. we are the mexicans* of the asian race koreans typically act hard but east coast ones are soft

i used to live in md. in my area i was only flip in my mid school. there was probably another one in the other schools but i never met them.

i saw my (qhite)( friend first time in like five years guy says i developed a flip accent. i dont even speak tagalog does this mean i sounded white before??

Now I'm not sure who I hate more, Koreans or Filipinos. I thought my high school was bad but apparently the west coast azn are taking it next lvl.

Vietnamese.

They're the worst performing Asian group (Check US Census data). They have the highest high school drop out rates, highest incarceration rate, are less educated, least fluent in English, and hardly contribute to the economy.

Koreans and Filipinos at least are high performing, are college educated, and make a lot of income and support the economy.

But then again when you look at it...most of the Vietnamese in America didn't come here because they really wanted to. They were refugees from the war. They were poor and uneducated to start with. Koreans and Filipinos who migrated here obviously were smart and wealthy enough to afford to come here. So that's the difference between the ethnic groups.

Vietnamese.

They're the worst performing Asian group (Check US Census data). They have the highest high school drop out rates, highest incarceration rate, are less educated, least fluent in English, and hardly contribute to the economy.

Koreans and Filipinos at least are high performing, are college educated, and make a lot of income and support the economy.

But then again when you look at it...most of the Vietnamese in America didn't come here because they really wanted to. They were refugees from the war. They were poor and uneducated to start with. Koreans and Filipinos who migrated here obviously were smart and wealthy enough to afford to come here. So that's the difference between the ethnic groups.

pho24-fat-pho.jpg

I hate the Vietnamese.

Don't hate on the Viets man. Viets, cambodians, laos, they are probably the bottom of the bottom economically/socio-status, seriously disadvantaged because of their rocky home-countries, their parents come to America to work shitty ass jobs and can't watch their children 24/7. Growing up in LA, viets are seriously the wildest cats, cuz they seriously have nothing to lose. Wah Ching (Chinese) is pretty close though...

jyPbCP_NjTo

Edit: I know you changed it but seriously don't spread asian hate.:cool:

They pretty much have the upbringing (or lack) that latino and black gangs have in LA. Plus with nothing to lose (poor family) they are the most wilding ass Asians. (EDIT: Shit Rajio just said that)

Is there viet vs cambo vs lao hostility? They all have very similar culture.

Isn't Wah Ching actually have some backing from larger gangs, have some economic stability, Triad related?

They pretty much have the upbringing (or lack) that latino and black gangs have in LA. Plus with nothing to lose (poor family) they are the most wilding ass Asians. (EDIT: Shit Rajio just said that)

Is there viet vs cambo vs lao hostility? They all have very similar culture.

Isn't Wah Ching actually have some backing from larger gangs, have some economic stability, Triad related?

i thought vietnamese, laos and cambodians stuck together?

at least that's one of chuckie akenz's lines are "laos, cambodian and vietnamese" (LCV)

lawl.

and i don't think anyone likes the mien people (no offense to any miens) because they're rarely ever mentioned. i don't even think they were mentioned once in this thread. lol

Vietnamese.

I learned that in my RACE RELATIONS class at college just last week. All too true.

Vietnamese.

this is so weird cause where i'm from (Montreal), it's the total opposite. the Vietnamese are definitely one of the best performing ethnic group. they are ridiculously over-represented at universities (especially in med school for some reason, i'm not joking when i say that probably 50% of all pharmacist or more are named Nguyen...), are extremely well integrated into quebec society and on average, make a lot more income etc.

is it because i'm filipino? :(

I believe so...

oh man, these all remind me of my best friend back in middle school. he was def filipino.

what is it with filipinos thinking they're the "blacks" of the asian race?

Stuff like this gets me annoyed with stereotyping...

Its like saying Blacks = Rap, Gangster, Baggy clothes, etc etc...

Yeah I hate that. I always get shit from white [acquaintences] on the east "oh cool you're like a black Asian" wtf read a book.

Kasper - it is all about the environment. I think it's a bit better in Canada (Montreal) than it is here in California (specifically LA, it's horrible there).

ken - what's a mien