Size Advice

beatle

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

APC New Cure - Size down 1-2 depending on your thigh measurements. Waist will stretch. My sz 28 NCs measure about 32 inches in the waist.

Cloak Herringbone Selvedge jeans - Stay true. My size 30 cloaks fit tighter in the waist than my NCs.

Samurai S0510 cords - Stay true. My size 30 0510 cords fit tight in waist and very good on legs.

I am assuming that my true size is 30.

APC NS - 1-3 sizes down depending on how you want them to fit (1 - baggy, 2 - slim, 3- tight)

APC NC - 1-2 sizes down (1 - slim, 2 - tight)

APC Rescues - much like NS, but fit a bit more relaxed from mid thigh down

prps new fit selvage size down until you can barely button them up, for me that was sizing down 1... will stretch a lot (zimbabwean cotton)

nudie rr size down 1

nudie thin finn depinding on the fit you like, my gf sized up 2 for a baggy fit, but for the sufu fit size down 1

skull 5109xx size down 1

uniqlo s-000 i sized down 2

SDA-103- sized down one (slim, lowrise, still some space at thighs, leg opening is a bit big but refreshing, my favorite fit, could have sized down one more but probably with difficulty at waist)

APC NS- sized down 2 (slim with mild taper, medium rise, loose waist, size down 3 for tight fit)

Nudie Slim Jim Dry- sized down one (slim, lowrise)

Nudie Slim Jim Dry Greycast- sized down two (tight, lowrise)

Nudie Regular Ralf Dry Selvedge- sized down two (slim, medium rise)

Nudie Thin Finn Dry Stretch- True waist (loose waist and thighs, but too tight at calves)

Levi's 501 STF ($98) with selvedge- sized down 1 (normal, medium rise, could have sized down one more)

Levi's 501 STF (regular)- true to waist (too loose, horrible fit, bubble butt, could have sized down two)

Great idea for a thread! (Y)

eternal 811 - buy true to size for a slim fit

LVC '47 (raw) - size up 2 for a relaxed fit

LVC '37 (raw) - I would advise buying true to size as the legs are super loose. The waist will stretch out

I dont really understand this thread... sizing up or down all depends on how lose/fitted you want your jeans to be, and it varies from person to person. Some people are willing to sacrifice the waist/ others are opposite. It all depends on your built as well...

It would be more helpful if people said the name of the jeans, tagged size, true size, and how forgiving they stretch... but since it's not my thread.. i'll play along if it helps to others.

Since an avg sufu wear their jeans more fitted than most people.. this caters to you:

Nudie Avg Joe- size down 1 (fitted)

Imperial Dukes- size down 1 (for slim fit, waist will be comfortable)

Wesc 5-pocket-size down 2 (for slim), 1 (for fitted), true-to-size (for relax)

warehouse x sufu x big- size down 3 (fitted)

samurai 5000bk- size down 1 for (fitted)

• 2 weeks later...

apc ns sized down three for tight fit

nudie aj sized down 1 for slim fit

julian red cali sized up 1 for anti-fit

gap morrissons true to size for slim anti-fit

kmw rockers sized down 1 for slim fit

Samurai 5000VX - two down for slim straight fit (will hurt at first but i promise its worth) 1 down for straight fit. I would go two down for best looking results. (I sized down 1 to a 28, i could have afforded to go to a size 27 in the end. Still, it's great fit)

KMW 1980s\Rockers - You can go up two sizes on this because they stretch out 2 sizes relatively quickly and the thighs are pretty roomy in the first place. But at least go down one size. (mine are about two sizes too big on me. I bought mine when I was a size 30, i'm a 29 true waist. They've stretched to 32s. The seat is very slouchy and antifit on me like a dior cut)

Skull 5010xx - Go true to size, hell you might even want to size up. If you go true to size, you might have to go through some stretching because the seat is so damn tight. (I got a 29 because i'm a 29, it took about a week of sleeping and walking around the house before they looked presentable. Great fit, but I still feel like a little fairy boy in the ass)

I'm 5'11 145

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know about Wings + Horns denim? I just purchased some Wings + Horn denim from Blackbird Seattle, and they recommended -1 for waist size. In comparison, I purchased APC NS in 28, for a true waist size of 30.5, and I purchased W + H in 29 on Blackbird's recommendation. I will update later when they come in next week.

Nudie Grim Tim- I have a true 32 inch waist. Purchased a 29. Was awful at first, stretched out to look fantastic after 1-2 weeks. After a month turned into absolute baggy rubbish. The thighs and ass have stretched out considerably (the back rise is something like 15 inches), and the legs are still tapered, making for an awful looking fit. Not reccomended unless Thin Finn's are too tight for you, and you don't like dressing nicely. Can't wait until my skulls come in the mail.

Samurai 0500 (Texas Cotton): Size down 1 for sexy (but not French youtube video homo tight) fit. True to size for fitted with a little room (I've seen this work with some of the contestants...I think the winner was true to size).

Somet 003: I would say size down 1 for a SLIM fit...true to size for a slim fit with a little room once the denim softens up. These don't really stretch too much. I stayed true to size and they in no way look straight leg/loose/relaxed/baggy.

Eternal 864: True to size...unless you like your nads crushed by the low rise and not being able to easily walk up stairs.

^^^TiP put a link to this thread in the encyclopedia.

NDG Classic Fit - True to size for slim-relaxed fit. For true slim fit, sizing one down would be ideal since these jeans do stretch quite a bit, but as far as I know, NDG doesn't made odd sizes.

SDA 103 - True to size for slim fit.

Imperial Dukes - True to size for slim fit. The waist will be fairly tight at first but it should stretch out to be comfortable with enough wear. Size up one if you have large thighs.

PBJ XX005 - True to size for slim fit. Waist will stretch out a lot but I would recommend against sizing down since the thighs are very slim. If you want a skinny fit, then sizing down one would be appropriate.

SDA 103 - size up one

As the majority of the people listing these at sizing down, just to clarify:

Size up for a relaxed, and IMO better look(I agree with Beatle)

Size down one for the slim fit result, even 2 sizes down if you could manage to wait for the stretching to kick in.

SC '47 In my experience sizing down one gave me the best result, but true to size works for a more relaxed fit.

It seems like a lot of these fits are subjective, so I guess it would be best to specify how it fits with the sizing you chose to post up in this thread, ?

Does anybody know about Wings + Horns denim? I just purchased some Wings + Horn denim from Blackbird Seattle, and they recommended -1 for waist size.

I think this is correct. I bought a pair from Blackbird as well but in my true size and they run a little bit big. I can wear them without a belt but they hang pretty loose on my hips. I don't mind but if you want them snug or at least pretty fitted I think you should go down 1 size.