Size Advice

beatle

My measured waist is 31.5 (32)

I've got "minor" thunder thighs and am around 5' 6.

Looking for a pair of black dior MIJ and I'm looking for a not too tight fit... and the advice was to get the MIJ 21cm's...

I expect to lose some weight by the end of the summer.. (maybe 1" off my waist)... what size should I get?

I'm thinking 30 or 31... Also, is there a diff in sizing between the 19's and 21's? As in, if I'm a size 30 in 19cm MIJ, will i be size 30 in 21cm MIJ?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My measured waist is 31.5 (32)

I've got "minor" thunder thighs and am around 5' 6.

Looking for a pair of black dior MIJ and I'm looking for a not too tight fit... and the advice was to get the MIJ 21cm's...

I expect to lose some weight by the end of the summer.. (maybe 1" off my waist)... what size should I get?

I'm thinking 30 or 31... Also, is there a diff in sizing between the 19's and 21's? As in, if I'm a size 30 in 19cm MIJ, will i be size 30 in 21cm MIJ?

Personally I do not think you should buy Diors because of your height. The stacking will be ridiculous and you'll want to hem them which in-definitely will ruin the jeans. But i would get a 30 in 19 or 29 in 21's because the waist stretches quite a bit compared to other parts of the jeans. Depending on how you want them to look.

i think the general consensus is size down 2 for NS or even 3

Yes I was just making sure from my WAIST measurement. Someone else on another forum asked me what the tagged size of my jeans were. The tagged size of my GSTAR jeans are 29 but actually measure 33 on the waist.

They said to get a 27 in APC, since that is sizing down 2 from the size of my other jeans :/

I thought I should do it from the waist, not other jeans.

Yes I was just making sure from my WAIST measurement. Someone else on another forum asked me what the tagged size of my jeans were. The tagged size of my GSTAR jeans are 29 but actually measure 33 on the waist.

They said to get a 27 in APC, since that is sizing down 2 from the size of my other jeans :/

I thought I should do it from the waist, not other jeans.

I sized down 2 (from 28" to 26") from my thin finns for my APC new cures

hmm seems many ppl must put up with some damn tight pants. I had some Nudie RRDS and they just didn't stretch(as much as i needed).. so crappy having a pair of pants that even after a couple of months you gotta have the top button undone when u sit if u wanna be comfortable.

They were a size 28. My Gstar (fav pair) are 29.. so.. go figure? :(

*I* still believe, that if where I wear my pants = 32" .. that I should downsize from THAT.. not from my size 29 jeans (which measure 33"). Cos' I did downsize one size, and I shouldn't have. Now I'm selling those. Imagine downsizing TWICE to 27.. geeez.

THIS IS INSANE .. hehe.

• 4 weeks later...

Any of you had any experience with Helmut Lang raw straight leg jeans? They're actually a bit tapered... but I bought 1-2 sizes down and are extremely tight. I assume they're going to stretch in the waist in the next couple of weeks.

I had a pair of APCs that stretched too much... so I hoped to mitigate that problem by sacrificing for a few weeks :-P

• 4 weeks later...
If i go it to BiG will all my sizing questions be answered? Or is research the only way?

I asked the same about selfedge and I was told that BIG and selfedge had probably the most knowledgable denim staffs this side of the pacific, and they should be able to size you.

that being said, when I go to selfedge Im going to research first since I am always weary of giving my full trust to sales people in any business, no matter how good they might be.

• 1 month later...
I wear a size 32 in normal levi's 501 and also a 32 in Nudie. Can I presume that my true waist size is 32"??? I'm looking to buy some Eternals 811. thanks for any help.

you do not size down with eternal. you should really invest in a $0.75 tape measure before a $200 pair of jeans! find out measurements for your true waist, your "actual" waist, your hip, thigh, inseam, etc.

I wear a size 32 in normal levi's 501 and also a 32 in Nudie. Can I presume that my true waist size is 32"??? I'm looking to buy some Eternals 811. thanks for any help.

I wear a 33 in Nudie for a loose/comfort fit and a 32 in eternal 811 (see eternal or "how do jeans fit" thread for fit pictures)

I would def. not size down if I were you. I think 32 would be best.

Thank you all for your advices.. the thing is that I do have a measuring tape but when I measure my waist on where I normally wear my 501's, I get approx 88 cm so that's why I'm guessing just to go with the 501 or nudie sizes I normally wear. Just was wondering if that could be seen as my true waist size..

Thanks again...

hmm just converted 32" into centimeters and 32" = 82 cm... so probably I'm just terrible at measuring my waist.

i measured my wasit and its a 35, i wanna get a pair of Nudie RR size 30x34...am I crazy or can it be possible? I want a tight fit and stretch it out, but i'm not sure it 30 may be too tight, i know nudie waists stretch a lot, i have faily skinny legs but kinda of a big butt.

i measured my wasit and its a 35, i wanna get a pair of Nudie RR size 30x34...am I crazy or can it be possible? I want a tight fit and stretch it out, but i'm not sure it 30 may be too tight, i know nudie waists stretch a lot, i have faily skinny legs but kinda of a big butt.

This will definitely not work. I'd recommend sizing down two if you're set on nudies. Maybe 3, but if you're looking for something with a slimmer leg, perhaps try another cut.

This will definitely not work. I'd recommend sizing down two if you're set on nudies. Maybe 3, but if you're looking for something with a slimmer leg, perhaps try another cut.

Thanks for the quick help, i have another question about naked and famous jeans. I havent seen any fit guides for those, maybe i missed it. but if i'm a 35 on my waist, whats the size i should be going down to for those? they're Sanforized and they're not going to shrink in the wash. so what do you think? thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
prps new fit selvage size down until you can barely button them up, for me that was sizing down 1... will stretch a lot (zimbabwean cotton)

nudie rr size down 1

nudie thin finn depinding on the fit you like, my gf sized up 2 for a baggy fit, but for the sufu fit size down 1

skull 5109xx size down 1

uniqlo s-000 i sized down 2

yeah, so i have a pair of Uniqlo selvage s000 size 30x34, and i also have another pair size 32x32. The size 32x32 runs big on me because i am an actaul size 32 but i didnt know that when i first bought them. but the length fits fine. i would like to know if i bought the right size 30x34. if i shrink the 30x34 and then wear them to stretch to my true size. and would the length be a problem? cause the 32x32 length fits fine, 2 inches wouldnt make a difference right? even after the maximum skringage.

I've asked this several times to no avail.. so here goes again in this different thread:

I wear Nudie Thin Finn 31x34 and they fit fine, a bit loose on the waist but it doesn't need a belt so it's fine.

My "waist" measures 31" but I'm looking to buy some Somet 008 slims, which have a very very low rise.

So I measured my hip and it came out to be 33" - 34" depending on how low or high I measure. I'm assuming that the jeans will strech out 1 inch in the waist minimum, so I dont know whether I should get the Size 29s (32 inches) so they stretch out to 33 inches, or the Size 30s (33 inches) so they stretch out to 34 inches.