Would you / Do you pay for digital music

homi29

would you pay for music downloads  

34 members have voted

1. 1. would you pay for music downloads

• yes i already have
    • i probably will in future
    • never

Only when it's worth it. I listen to trance and rock. I get the cds that are immortal. The other ones, I listen to them once and trash them. I would love to pay directly the autor to buy the cd, i'd buy more in this case.

It makes me so sick to pay 20€ for a cd and know that the guy who produced it and really deserve it after all only gets a little part of the cake (at leat for little producers, the big ones they have plenty of money anyway) and not have the real cd and covers in my hand neither. I prefered real cds.

Dematerialization of music is quite sad too. Our parents enjoyed having their vynils and collect them, we enjoy(ed) having our cds and collecting them, our kids they'll have to collect stupid binary files on computer.

Only time I'll pay for digital music is when its 320kbs mp3s of tunes I cant get or afford on vinyl. Thats pretty rare though.

That's pretty much what I buy. I don't buy vinyl and sometimes singles are not available on cds.

I was same way as Mike, I always wanted the album, cover and all that stuff but I realized that I have 10 shoeboxes of cds in my closet and most of them are ripped to my computer. I'll still buy some nice releases that I want to own but it's rare.

prolly will not pay for digital music when i can easily get it for free. i support the artists by going to shows and buying merch and if they're self-released/independent and i really like them -- then i buy the physical CD-R/CDs out of guilt. :rolleyes:

when i get settled and money for a quality turntable i'll start a vinyl collection.

and if in some parallel universe when P2P is eradicated and everyone is forced to pay, i won't purchase anything less then Flac/Lossless. for more than 5dollars. screw that. but that day will never come...i won't let it (and i'm sure thousands of others won't either). :]

beatport for dl

discogs for vinyl

Most of the stuff I buy on vinyl I can't find anywhere else (dubplates).

I don't buy cd's. I think cd's are a waste. If I want the artwork and all that i'll just buy it on vinyl.

please post pics of your awesome vinyl collection k? thanx