Warhol Factory X Levi’s

kiya

If i see one more Andy Warhol collaboration i am going to scream!!!!

The Andy Warhol Foundation has put together a proposal that has been going to every clothing brand around the world whoring this collaboration program with Warhol's work. Pay a royalty and you can put it on toilet paper...

It is making Warhol's work boring and overplayed (more so over played than it already was).

I wonder if he would see it as the ultimate work of pop art that his work is plastered over a thousand half assed products or just lazy people who have run out of ideas grasping at the last collaboration straw...

Can someone please kill all collaborations now! All the good ones were done a long time ago...

Is anyone else sick of them?

No way! Warhol's work is soooooooo good. People just don't take the time to view or study his entire body of work. It's easy to burned out on seeing the same 20 pieces over and over again.

Poor Warhol. Whoever's in charge of his camp is totally ass fucking him in the grave.

Lichtenstein is pretty good as well. Most of his paintings are actually blown up versions of actual printed comics.

Check it: http://www.tragicbliss.com/blog/archives/2005/06/deconstructing.php

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Quote:

Sounds horible to me! Warhol's works is very boring. But Leichtenstein on the other hand....

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Aug 25, 2005 08:17 PM

Anyone remember when Burger King had these bizarre Lichtenstein-ish containers for their chicken tenders? This was like 12 - 15 years ago...

Quote:

No way! Warhol's work is soooooooo good. People just don't take the time to view or study his entire body of work. It's easy to burned out on seeing the same 20 pieces over and over again.

Poor Warhol. Whoever's in charge of his camp is totally ass fucking him in the grave.

Lichtenstein is pretty good as well. Most of his paintings are actually blown up versions of actual printed comics.

Check it: http://www.tragicbliss.com/blog/archives/2005/06/deconstructing.php

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Aug 25, 2005 08:38 PM

Leichtenstein didn't reproduce printed comics. He simulated mass produced art but by hand on a large scale. He had a lot of irony in his early pop work. He put A LOT of work into his pieces. I especially like his later (post pop) work.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Aug 25, 2005 at 09:08 PM

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Aug 25, 2005 at 09:09 PM

Quote:

If i see one more Andy Warhol collaboration i am going to scream!!!!

The Andy Warhol Foundation has put together a proposal that has been going to every clothing brand around the world whoring this collaboration program with Warhol's work. Pay a royalty and you can put it on toilet paper...

It is making Warhol's work boring and overplayed (more so over played than it already was).

I wonder if he would see it as the ultimate work of pop art that his work is plastered over a thousand half assed products or just lazy people who have run out of ideas grasping at the last collaboration straw...

Can someone please kill all collaborations now! All the good ones were done a long time ago...

Is anyone else sick of them?

--- Original message by Superdutch on Aug 25, 2005 04:04 PM

I totally agree, he's probably turning in his grave due the bastartisation of his work, as too will Michael Hutchence, INXS rock star???? I couldn't beleive it when that came on TV, what a sell out of a great band, it just ruins the mystery and vibe of the real INXS. It's all about the Jack Dash. But who am I to judge? Rock on old school. Ande Whall very similar to Andy Warhol