diddy?

cheep

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole business is a real shame. Peolpe have been banned for quite honestly some pretty heinous comments and patterns of behaviour. I'm certain though that ddml quitting (if this is definite) is not just over one incident but an increasing level of people overstepping the mark in supertrash and that attitude leaking into the rest of the forum.

If he is indeed gone this is very sad.

you know what it's really about?

DDML.

he quit because of "bigotry" on the forum. poppycock, but still that's what he said. unlike D_D he couldn't handle the pressure (perhaps D_D couldn't handle it either, but was more mature when resigning), so he named some names.

i think we all know whose names those were.

that's not to say, though, that the minya didn't have a hand in this. i am not certain whom all of the players are, but i will get unbanned soon enough.

Short memory?

This whole business is a real shame. Peolpe have been banned for quite honestly some pretty heinous comments and patterns of behaviour. I'm certain though that ddml quitting (if this is definite) is not just over one incident but an increasing level of people overstepping the mark in supertrash and that attitude leaking into the rest of the forum.

exactly. many seem to jump to conclusion that it was single thing that got some users banned, but its not. the quality of supertrash has gone absolutely down the drain. the general attitude and behaviour is driving contributing users away.

I have 'lurked' superfuture for a long time and trash has always been an integral part of it. I know that some of it is good humored and we can all rtake a little bit of abuse from time to time I don't want to rag on Jmatsu or feel that he particularly is to blame but the generally pointlessness of 'haterism', the creepy sexual comments and prejudice are really unacceptable in any place and a forum is no exception

mo money, mo problems

sufu has become a bigger buisness than wed like to believe i think... and with that comes a responsibility to the sponsors. if someone who pays to have a thread on here doesnt like whats going on, it will resonate with wayne 1000 times more than some posters in supertrash.

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping,

I dreamed I held you in my arms,

but when I woke dear, I was mistaken,

and I hung my head and cried.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

you make me happy when skies are gray

you'll never know dear, how much I love you,

please don't take my sunshine away.

I'll always love you and make you happy

if you will only say the same

but if you leave me to love another

you'll regret it all some day

you make me happy, when skies are gray,

You told me once dear you really loved me

that no one else could come between

but now you've left me and love another

you have shattered all my dreams.

you make me happy, when skies are gray,

do you guys like, not post on any other forums or something?

nothing ever posted on this forum at all is out of line or unexpected on the internet.

IT'S THE FUCKING INTERNET.

no shit.

Fact is I agree with this, people are assholes on the Internet. This forum is pretty mild compared to some that I frequent. For the most part I enjoyed a few of the posters who where banned. Jhey, contauch, rambo? I can take or leave, don't really give a shit about them. west, jamtsu and airjamie all contributed outside of there "hateful" posts. The only one that really irritated me was edmond and if I really wanted to I could always put him on ignore.

I know it's the internet and I don't get offended easily. I'm not for banning people like westside etc because as I_miss_lily said they all contribute and are for the most part pretty funny but I thought there was a sense of community on this board at least and that seems tarnished when people leave or are scared away because of excessive levels of mean spirited and creepy posting.

I mean, diddy could've just taken a more hands off approach to moderating and made it a bit easier on himself. I think his ego may have gotten the best of him in certain verbal bouts (in threads and via PMs) with certain members. Gotta realize that it's not worth getting upset over. There will always be some who pick on those in charge, it's just how it is. It's all about how you carry yourself and react to it. I don't know all the facts, but from piecing things together, i'd say diddy could've handled things a bit better (being the mod and therfore supposed bigger person).

Did he quit sufu altogether or just moderating? I haven't seen a post of his in a few days. Hopefully, he's just taking a few weeks off and then will come back and be a quality poster again without the burden of mod.

the creepy sexual comments and prejudice are really unacceptable in any place and a forum is no exception

Y E S .

do you guys like, not post on any other forums or something?

nothing ever posted on this forum at all is out of line or unexpected on the internet.

IT'S THE FUCKING INTERNET.

20040319hafdg.jpg

no shit.

N O .

If this were true and we all had to just accept it--then why the fuck do mods exist? also there have been quality people leaving or stepping back from Sufu because of the bullshit... now ddml is one of 'em. bleah.

Y E S .

N O .

If this were true and we all had to just accept it--then why the fuck do mods exist? also there have been quality people leaving or stepping back from Sufu because of the bullshit... now ddml is one of 'em. bleah.

JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE IGNORANT AND DON'T WANT TO ACCEPT IT DOESN'T MAKE IT UNTRUE.

Uh, why the caps? angrysome?

also--i'm not ignorant. I choose not to frequent forums full of fuckwads. I know it's true that there are a lot of unlaid tiny dick'd racist and homophobic unfunny pricks trolling the internets--doesn't mean their bullshit got to be accepted here. if you hate how the mods or site owner want to run this site jerkoff to those other forums.

I mean, diddy could've just taken a more hands off approach to moderating and made it a bit easier on himself. I think his ego may have gotten the best of him in certain verbal bouts (in threads and via PMs) with certain members. Gotta realize that it's not worth getting upset over. There will always be some who pick on those in charge, it's just how it is. It's all about how you carry yourself and react to it. I don't know all the facts, but from piecing things together, i'd say diddy could've handled things a bit better (being the mod and therfore supposed bigger person).

Did he quit sufu altogether or just moderating? I haven't seen a post of his in a few days. Hopefully, he's just taking a few weeks off and then will come back and be a quality poster again without the burden of mod.

this is blowing my mind. "a more hands off approach to moderating?" i think that was the problem. some posters got away with spewing absolutely worthless bile for so long (and we all got used to it) that when mods stepped back in people flipped.

and diddy's ego? dude had a job to do. he did it with humor and intelligence and was mostly fair about it. i don't think he left because someone hurt his feelings -- he probably left because the job stopped being fun. that's too bad.

Was there even a set of rules on how the mods should maintain within their sub-forums?
rules and regulations for this board...

1. threads that are not strictly related to forum topics will either be re-classified by the moderators as 'supertrash' or deleted.

2. posts containing obnoxious, derogatory, defamatory, insulting, vulgar, vile and vicious content will be deleted.

3. members who insult other members will be terminated.

i think we have all broken these at one time or another... but the people who got banned seemed to, for the most part, break them over and over.... and now people are up in arms about them being banned, when according to the rules of the forum, it should have happened a long time ago.

i also think that it is not just those banned who are to blame, but the moderation staff for letting it go on for so long, and us, for accepting it and praising it.

first one obviously doesn't apply except for the "or deleted" bit.

this is blowing my mind. "a more hands off approach to moderating?" i think that was the problem. some posters got away with spewing absolutely worthless bile for so long (and we all got used to it) that when mods stepped back in people flipped.

and diddy's ego? dude had a job to do. he did it with humor and intelligence and was mostly fair about it. i don't think he left because someone hurt his feelings -- he probably left because the job stopped being fun. that's too bad.

chuuuuuuurch