EARNEST CUT AND SEW

cw

I thought the store was badass. Worth checking out just to see the store. For the custom jeans, you have to pick a cut of jean from their styles, then the fabric (i think there's 3 types) then the wash and treatment if you want it. and then you can pick the thread color button types and rivets. Of course they take your measurements as well.

I think Earnest sewn's cuts are okay, their denim is lightweight but nice. I think they are a little over priced though. I would have bought custom jeans, but i don't need denim right now.

also check out Jean Shop up the street. Great leather belts and denim (as well as other stuff).

i was just there on sunday. $400-$500 for the custom denim made to fit. friendly staff who will offer you drinks while you browse.

"it's just a phase and you know damn well that you'll fall off in a minute cause that shit don't sell"

I think they offered wash treatments and distressing, but I cannot remember. Jean Shop (up the street) definitely did offer wash and distressing treatments, and they also offered 'tint' dyeing in orange and maybe one other color as well. However Jean Shop does not tailor the fit to you.

This is the confusing thing about the 2 shops, each does what the other does not -- Earnest Sew and Cut does custom fitting/tailoring/cutting, they will essentially MAKE the jeans for you but they do NOT do custom wash. Down the block, Jean Ship has tons of READY-MADE jeans hanging on the walls that you look through to find the correct fit and cut. Once you've found your correct size/fit, you can ask them to custom wash it for you in whatever shade/fade you want.

Quote:

This is the confusing thing about the 2 shops, each does what the other does not -- Earnest Sew and Cut does custom fitting/tailoring/cutting, they will essentially MAKE the jeans for you but they do NOT do custom wash. Down the block, Jean Ship has tons of READY-MADE jeans hanging on the walls that you look through to find the correct fit and cut. Once you've found your correct size/fit, you can ask them to custom wash it for you in whatever shade/fade you want.

--- Original message by shinobi2000 on Aug 28, 2005 08:29 PM

ahh, thanks for the clarification.