Sign in to follow this  
jeepster

Mods - banning users

now, this is in no way an attack, but i question the grounds to which you banned five users tonight. we all know them, and i'm sure you do, but the question is, why were they banned? obviously the claim is a personal attack, but while mods are allowed to dish it out, and i can remember a number of occasions where a mod has bashed a user, they can't take it? wouldn't it just be as effective to neg rep them to make your e-ego feel better? now i'm not trying to incite any ill-will with this post, but i'm wondering, why did you feel the need to ban users that kept most of their commentary to a subforum dedicated to flame threads, hate, ridiculously stupid stuff, and the like where you could've easily brushed it off? it was called supertrash and dedicated to topics as such, and yet you take it as if someone got up in your face and spit in your eye. if it was a direct attack on your personage that maybe compromised you personally, outside the realm of superfuture, sure, i can understand that. but it is the internet - do we really take ourselves that seriously (i even question why i bothered to make this). honestly, i just would like thoughts from the other mods, as to why these members deserved permanent bans when they could easily been warned or infracted upon (which i'm sure they were) - but in that case, why even bother punishing someone who won't learn?

anyways, your thoughts? this doesn't have to be mods only.

i have a few questions

how many infractions (min/max) can a user recieve before recieving a temporary ban?

how many infractions (min/max) and/or temporary bans (min/max) does a user recieve before a permanent ban?

a few more questions:

how long do temporary bans last? what precedent, reasoning and/or equation is used in determining the length of temporary ban?

I remember from the other thread it was 15 infraction points before someone gets an auto ban.