nomad in toronto

doom

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's an interesting store...great interior and decent range of products....but I worry that they'll end up like the now extinct VICE store.

VICE carried hard-to-find brands/products and always had ppl in the store, but I don't know how many ppl really bought anything.

Personally, I've been to Nomad a number of times, but I haven't actually bought anything as yet..primarily because I haven't seen anything there that I'm willing to drop major $$$ on.

Still though, big ups to them for doing their thing.

i concur with trini.

at least nomad has the guts to do what they are doing.

and wait for the acronym jackets from germany.

mad expensive but scarce and minimal. those who know will pick it up.

you have to respect nomad for carrying HEAD PORTER and VISVIM.

peace

the eclipse is nigh

Quote:

i concur with trini.

at least nomad has the guts to do what they are doing.

and wait for the acronym jackets from germany.

mad expensive but scarce and minimal. those who know will pick it up.

you have to respect nomad for carrying HEAD PORTER and VISVIM.

peace

--- Original message by doom on Aug 24, 2005 01:57 PM

How much will those Acronym jackets cost?

simply put, Nomad has the ability and potential to kill the competition...they are still very much in their infancy phase, so it'll take time for them to be major...but down the road, i think cats will most def appreciate what they're doing for the city...don't be fooled by the scarce product they currently shelf...the fam is connected and starting 2006, things are gonna be crazy...

as far as trini's comment and comparing them to how vice ended up, i can see the overall concern people have, but believe me, things are different this time around...the financial backing is far more concrete, and the experience will def help...vice was in my opinion a mid-range boutique...that is, a boutique setting selling low to mid end gear...and yes, part of the problem was that most customers weren't up on alot of the stuff being sold at the time (go get a late pass!!)...Nomad's goods are more mature as well as having a more "highend" feel, so the vision is different...they'll be fine...however, expect gdft to continue doing their thing but at the same time establishing the character that vice once had...

you hid the nail right on the head. i really hope nomad will do well. the true heads who want nice and sick gear will and should gravitate towards nomad! nomad's gear is expensive but totally worth it! except for the filson gear which can be ordered on line here in canada by any schlemiel!!

long live the schlemiels!!

the eclipse is nigh

you mean Martin? (I got his name right this time...lol)

From what I understand, VICE is going to reopen in the Parkdale area (Queen West of Dufferin or so) but I don't think they're going to be as heavily into retail as they used to be....more media stuff from what I understand...

see this thread: http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2535

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT VICE WAS SECOND RATE.

THE MAGAZINE WAS EVEN WORSE. I TRULY HATE THIS

MAGAZINE. IT IS SO BADLY WRITTEN. THE ONLY THING THAT WAS

GOOD WAS THE DO'S AND DONT'S.

KEEP US POSTED ON THE NEW VICE LOCALE AND TO WHAT THEY STOCK.

PEACE

the eclipse is nigh

• 5 weeks later...

I think in the whole scheme of things retail will be heading towards this direction. Nomad along with Goods seattle are putting it down for streetwear stores. Very similar feel when going into Goods. You would think it's a target skate store but they carry great labels such as wings&horns, apc, corpus, kim jones umbro.

People will soon give up their diesel jeans and mainstream tshirt, and put there money towards something that is less accessible like corpus, apc etc. Why pay $350 for diesel jeans that everyone and their mom has, when you can pick up a bad ass pair of corpus for a fraction.

yeah but i thikn once that happens then the less accessible stuff will get more popular twhen peeeps still start to catch on...........once theres a demand then i thikn accessability will be much easier........and when that happens its just gonna be somewhat mainstream since everyone will be on it.

i'd hate to say it, but nomad wasn't created to be accessible for everyone...i know that sounds harsh, but in realtiy, it's not the GAP...

anyhow, in my opinion, you're going to see a greater divide between Nomad and GDFT as far as merchandise goes...generally speaking with no intent to hate, i believe Nomad will be for the grownups and GDFT will be more for the kids...

In regards to all retail heading the way of Nomad^

Personally I hope not. Don't get me wrong I love the gear at all of the above mentioned shops but if I see all the dudes that were previously rockin Diesel jumping onto brands like Wings than shit would be just as played as it was. Better to keep all the choice stuff to select boutiques inaccessible to the general populace. IMO trend jumpers kill fashion. To those pricks I say: get your own sense of style and rock what looks hot not what some fucker tells you is cool!!

BTW Corpus jeans are awesome. I copped me a pair back when Nomad first opened. still quite a bit tho, maybe not the Diesel price of $300+ just yet but $280 isn't exactly a steal. Kim Jones gear was live but kids over here slept on it.

besides the owners of the store, do the employees who work the store actually know what they're talking about? it just seems that they're regurgitating what they've been schooled on in the span of 2 minutes upon hire.

"Def with the record that was mixed a long time ago"

http://digitalcameras.freepay.com/?r=22326654

like i said, the owners + martin (ex-vice) are in the know. that was never the question... but the rest seem to be like, i'm so down, i know this and that. but in reality - they don't. don't get me wrong cause i have mad love for goodfoot but waltzing in and boasted with false info on sneakers is kinda funny sometimes. same goes for nomad when i'm being followed and told how "special" the clothes are.

"Def with the record that was mixed a long time ago"

http://digitalcameras.freepay.com/?r=22326654