Kowalski shoes

confidant

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Kowalski Shoes are just starting break into the US market despite some presence in Nordstroms (ladies only) for two seasons. It is likely that Nordstroms will take on the mens range in Feb 2006 and expand it's ladies collection. Kowalski shoes have made it in the doors of some NYC boutiques but at the very moment i don't know who would have stock. The 05 range can be seen at www.kowalskishoes.com and the 06 range will be online shortly.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I assume IJF that you are a retailer. Im not familiar with your store, your market or what styles you chose, and yes there are some styles that have an aquired taste but the fact remains that sales in the 100's of thousands in europe and an award of shoe of the year from Sportswear International has more weight than your presumptuous recommendation. Kowalski are expensive but you get what you pay for- unique quality hand made leather shoes. The manufacturer also makes diesel style lab and shoes for Prada and birkenstock so they are obviously doing something right.

I assume IJF that you are a retailer. Im not familiar with your store, your market or what styles you chose, and yes there are some styles that have an aquired taste but the fact remains that sales in the 100's of thousands in europe and an award of shoe of the year from Sportswear International has more weight than your presumptuous recommendation. Kowalski are expensive but you get what you pay for- unique quality hand made leather shoes. The manufacturer also makes diesel style lab and shoes for Prada and birkenstock so they are obviously doing something right.

Hey,

the shoe game is by no means an easy game especially competing in todays market with the amount going on with all the hype and limited kicks. Kowalski do bring something different, the look may be one thing but on top of that but I dont recommend these for your feet either. The soles are basically hollow and really thin. All the best to Kowalski but they will have a tough time establishing themselves in the North American market as they arent too athletic nor are they formal. Different is good but at those pricepoints its tough, maybe im just speaking from the Toronto point of view. In regards to SportsWear International, I think you should look through that mag and understand that only about 60% of what they are doing is significant, the rest is either for money or standard editorials. I found local Canadian designers in there who are having a tough time getting one or two accounts, and the article and spread makes them out to be Prada ( I wont mention names as to who it was either ). The Only decent thing Sportswear have done have put together a denim board of the most influential denim members from 30 years back up onto current day, guys from Adriano all the way up to guys like Nathan from Rag&Bone.

M. U. F. C.