Christmas in your household

homi29

There are a lot of really young children in my family, so christmas is pretty traditional and kid based. Christmas Eve is a huge ordeal as it's when my relatives exchange gifts and all the little kids pretty much scream throughout the whole thing. Kinda fun, but also really loud. Morning is a bit calmer as it is when santa comes and while myself, my sister (16) and parents enjoy coffee or hot chocolate and some breakfast, my 2 younger siblings open and play with their new toys from santa. Overall it's a pretty enjoyable experience.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never celebrated christmas (muslim indonesian household) until my mom married my stepdad when i was 14. he is catholic or something.

now christmas is just a chock full of awkwardness with my stepfamily, with whom i share absolutely zero common grounds. they're a very southern-redneck peoples and cannot understand why i am interested in the things i'm interested in. the awkwardness is elevated to even greater heights when my stepaunts and stepuncles buy my mom christmas gifts but blatantly forget about me and my brother. i mean i don't mind since i grew up not to receiving christmas gifts, but when they say shit like, "oh... your gifts are..... in the car!" shit gets mad awkwardly silent.

gettin gifts from my family is never suprising... my mom is basically like:

"if you don't send me the link to what you want in an email, you aren't getting it"

so i basically know what i am getting already...

exciting to see what I will be getting from my gf, and I can't wait to give her things

i also need to get things for the rest of my family still...

we get the tree and all

fun fun blah blah

hahahaha this is the only supermeetup i've genuinely been interested in (well, besides rirawn x dryice x sidneylo x crillz sleepover 2007). shit i'm jealous. that sounds awesome :(.

anyways i digress, christmastime is the shit for me. it's just an excuse for everyone to put on a good face, cheer the fuck up and stop dragging their feet. for me and my fams at least. the mystery behind the gifts is gone from when i was a kid (i just say "you're getting me this" and the rents do the same), but we still try and surprise each other. plus my grandma makes the sickest filet mignon.

this christmas is gonna be awesome b/c

jmatsu, jax, and i are having a super seXXX-MAS in tokyo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought one of these years I'd be doing a romantic jetsetting xmas in Paris with a hot French chic (although one xmas i spent in Paris was rather miserable) instead of lame family gatherings/trips. This year, no more family, no broads, not much money, really lame company xmas party coming up...thank god my buddy saw this coming and invited me to hang out with his fam for the holidays.

Maybe i will do the jewish xmas of movies and chinese food.

Happy kwanza ladies.

Sounds really nice, Thorns..it´s a great thing you and your family are doing here...:)

Well... in all fairness its not like we only do it because we're 'good people' or anything, but its honestly a good time. Everybody smiles. Everyone is happy. Sure its good to give back to the community, but its probably more rewarding to us cause we feel good doing it.

To all the ppl complaining about lame christmases... why not start a new tradition this year?

• 3 weeks later...

i'll be stuck in the suburbs, but i'll be watching over my little cousins and misc kids so that should be fun. (4)

i stopped getting xmas presents when i turned 18.

the fam tradition that got started because some people ended up w/ no gifts or nothing fun at the end of the party was a gift grab bag with a minimum dollar amt on the gift entry--and everyone who enters gets a number that determines the order they can open a gift. the thing that makes it fun is that the person after you opens a new gift and if its lame they can switch with anyone before them. so the higher your number the best off you are because you can pick whatever opened gift you want. << the loud ppl in the family make it funnier than it is. :]

Why start a tradition at all?

I'm indifferent to Christmas, but I hate the fact that everbody pretends to be nice for a day or two.

Your family pretends to be nice?

This year is same as every year: football, food, beer, movies, and friends I havent seen in a while. One of my brothers is traveling around Europe so it will be a bit quieter.

-just got laid off from my 9-5 job... how's that for a xmas present/bonus....!!!

I was talking about the general mood around the holidays. Everything is fake fake fake. But maybe I'm just jilted.

great post! your contributions to sufu have not gone unnoticed. keep up the good work!:):):)

[thinks to self] ....do you even know what 'jilted' means, you flatulating illiterate slut?

y care unless they're in ur face? ppl are easily avoided andabout as annoying as they would be any other day of the year.

Did I say I was bothered by it?

[thinks to self] ....do you even know what 'jilted' means, you flatulating illiterate slut?

Oops. I meant the other 'j' word: jaded. HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Christmas does my head in, because its the summer holidays and some wholesalers shut down for 3-4 weeks....shit. And to many ex's come back to town.

Other than that, Christmas is a box of fluffies.