Christmas in your household

homi29

love it or hate it Christmas is almost here

To me it hasnt been a big deal since i was like 13. Also my family didnt grow up in N.American culture (chinese) so it's not a huge deal except for a chance for family to get together..

im pretty jaded now about the whole thing. It feels so forced and blatantly artificial

now i tend to think it's only fun if you have rich relatives.. which i dont.

whats Christmas like for you guys?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big deal in my household anymore either.

Usually on Christmas Eve I'll go to my uncle's house for dinner, sometimes I'll go to my neighbor's house that night too since they have a party every year.

Christmas day, I bum around and watch whatever DVD's I just got, the past few years it's been Seinfeld and The Wire marathons.

Sometimes I feel like it's a waste of time and money, when people just get eachother stuff they don't even want or need.

We don't celebrate christmas

Last year my family went to vegas without me cos I had work on 24th. After I got off (doing floorset) my friend picked me up and I spent christmas with my close friends exchanging gifts and what not and then around 6am one of them dropped me off at airport

And I spend my christmas day with my family in vegas. We went out to eat and I got money but that's it.

No tree, lights, cookies or anything.

My family doesn't really do holidays :(

I love christmas. My whole family gets together and we volunteer at this makeshift soup kitchen where all the homeless/needy people from Allentown and the surrounding areas come. We collect and give out presents to needy kids. Its so much fun cause everybody is in a good mood and super nice. Its like the one day a year that sorta makes you feel like human beings aren't so bad after all.

Its like the one day a year that sorta makes you feel like human beings aren't so bad after all.

yeah, one day out of the year works out to about 0.27% goodness

edit: just saw this:

christmas isnt as special to me now compared to when i was older

what, are you from the future bish??

christmas is going to target and picking out our presents. get home and wrap them up. eat some dinner then open up the presents while watching those christmas movies they always show every christmas like (the drummer boy, santa claus, and the jack frost). then my mom yells at us for hours with no particular reason. rub one out and go to sleep.

have a merry christmas y'all.

christmas eve will have some of my family over to my apartment for dinner and then xmas day morning having my gf's family over for brunch and then we have to do both sides of her family - one for lunch and one for dinner.

my family celebrates on xmas eve - Latvian tradition but every year it is getting smaller and smaller with family moving further away and such.

Christmas nowadays is cool cause I usually decide to cosolidate my present rights into only a couple decent sized gifts, I try not to financially burden my parents these days so lately I don't really ask for much. Im hoping all these internships pay off one day and I can shoot them back way more than what theyve given me over the years

i do, however, know that i definately wont be asking for a pieceofshit minilogo this year

I love christmas. My whole family gets together and we volunteer at this makeshift soup kitchen where all the homeless/needy people from Allentown and the surrounding areas come. We collect and give out presents to needy kids. Its so much fun cause everybody is in a good mood and super nice. Its like the one day a year that sorta makes you feel like human beings aren't so bad after all.

What a waste of christmas.

Uncle Scrooge has spoken.

i love christmas not for the gifts, but the merry feeling with christmas lights and christmas music and having the fresh smell of a pine tree in my house and whatnot. christmas and the holdiday seasons are what i enjoy about chrsitmas most. ive spent holdiays in other countries and they do not amount to spending the holidays at home

This year will be a bit strange for me; not talking to my mom and sister, so while I'm not missing out on the shit they caused, I do miss visiting a house always smelling of fresh shortbreads and other holiday treats. Not really getting a break between school either; my summer job called about me filling in for relief over the holidays, and I definitely like the sounds of triple time during the 25th and really good pay the rest of the two weeks. We haven't put anything up around the house yet, maybe will get on that on the weekend.

we don't do lights or tree anymore. we started off with one of those plastic trees and upgraded to a real one over time. real pointless because there wasn't ever really exchanging of gifts, and normally we would know what we were getting for that day.

one time i got an n64 and "winback" which was pretty exciting at the time. that was a golden moment. a real surprise it was! happy day.

Im fucking spoiled. My mum gets me like 2k worth of shit- but she insists, so it's okay right?

This year im getting a pair of event sp8's and a trip to the blackcombs amongst other things.

I usually spend a bit to much on my friends- it's usually clothes. Last year a gave a friend 2 box tees and a pair of dunks and she doesn't even know what the fuck supreme is.

It's really hard to shop for family.

I love christmas

white people celebrate hanging shit from trees.

this fking funny cuz couple christmas ago my man was suppose to get some game christmas night (not eve) but the girl was like i have to stay hom eand watch christmas iwth the crank with my family it was fkin hilarious

Sounds really nice, Thorns..it´s a great thing you and your family are doing here...:)