(eden)

taiwan :: taipei :: shopping

hellogoodbye,

you are coming to Taiwan kind of soon right?

I want a bit of stuff from the States. Simple shit really, like Twinkies and a brand of chips called Takis (mexican liquor store jawn). Can reward your proxy service with tour of Taipei (plus will obviously pay for whatever you bring).

azn8oi, thanks man.

I am not going to NTU, haha. It's another university, I can't recall the name right now.

Thanks for all the advice though man. Are you gonna be around when I head over?

I'm living in my last boss's house in Taipei, so I think I'll be covered on a nice place to stay.

I'll be heading to Tokyo 2 weeks before I go to Taipei, so I probably won't buy anything in Taipei/Taiwan anyway due to the prices and what not.

azn8oi how much longer you gonna be in TW

I'm gonna stay until approx. mid-June. Are you thinking about coming?

azn8oi, let's grab a pint when you're back in l.a.

Yeah, absolutely. Thanks for offer.

azn8oi, thanks man.

I am not going to NTU, haha. It's another university, I can't recall the name right now.

Thanks for all the advice though man. Are you gonna be around when I head over?

I'm living in my last boss's house in Taipei, so I think I'll be covered on a nice place to stay.

I'll be heading to Tokyo 2 weeks before I go to Taipei, so I probably won't buy anything in Taipei/Taiwan anyway due to the prices and what not.

lol, mystery school in Taipei. There are just like, three famous language schools in Taipei. good luck.

Hey azn8oi, havent looked at this thread in a while. would've loved to help out with the twinkies etc, but i'm not from the states i'm from singapore!

just got back from taiwan, and i miss it alreayd. street food is off the hook, girls are friendly and good looking, and the weather was perfect. didn't get a chance to hit up taroko gorge and a couple other places that i'd planned to visit tho.

how's taipei treating you azn8oi?

I'm gonna stay until approx. mid-June. Are you thinking about coming?

Yeah I am, but not before you leave =T

Enjoy your last months there!

可惜可惜。maybe next time then!

Hey azn8oi, havent looked at this thread in a while. would've loved to help out with the twinkies etc, but i'm not from the states i'm from singapore!

just got back from taiwan, and i miss it alreayd. street food is off the hook, girls are friendly and good looking, and the weather was perfect. didn't get a chance to hit up taroko gorge and a couple other places that i'd planned to visit tho.

how's taipei treating you azn8oi?

Haha, you should've pmed me anyways. I would've taken you for some cool food. It's ok la!

Girls are very friendly here, ha. Singapore girls are not bad looking either... Singapore secretaries at Raffle City... check out Lau Pa Sat around 1PM = great. hahaha

Taipei is treating me great. Was hot today. fucking trickery weather, was cold as hell this morning so I went out wearing 3 layers. Bad mistake...

azn8oi!!!!!! mind telling me whats in the uc store now? my folks are going over next week and i want her to cop some stuff for me. mine telling me whats there now? tees bottoms shoes whats on sale whats not etc etc THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

I haven't been there in a while... probably 3 weeks. If I have time tomorrow I'll check...

I haven't been there in a while... probably 3 weeks. If I have time tomorrow I'll check...

THANK YOU!!!!!! will be awaiting your reply :)

I'll be going tomorrow for sure... sorry for the wait man. haha

no problem. appreciate it enough. but PLEASE MAKE IT DOWN SOON PLEASE. my folks are leaving on the 18th!!! :)

Went to UC today, everything is still overpriced as usual.

20% off basically every single item in the store. All of the items are the current collection. No old shit in stock except some shitty accessories. Everything is on Neoboy and Poptones.

All prices approximate and listed without the discount:

Graphic tees were 3800NT (mostly all size 2)

Chinos were around 13500NT (mostly all size 2, one size 3)

M65 (s/s 09) around 30000NT?

There was another jacket that looked crazy, 50,000NT (size 2)

best piece was the most simple, the parka with 3M taping for the seams (size 4) - 27000NT

Some dress shirts, forgot price, but they were decent.

UC is not the easiest store to go to, so make sure your parents know where theyre going.

There is a new UC store that just opened 2 weeks ago in the "Green" Sogo Department Store, which is WAYY easier to find, but I was told that they don't have all the stock.

Good luck man. Prepare your parents for sticker shock lah. NOTHING is cheap lor!

the graphic tees are priced pretty ok wad. 3800 after 20% will be around 3000. pretty decent, considering the fact that UC stuff i get in sg are 200sgd. :( why must their tees always be left with only size 2??!?!?!?!

anw where is this green sogo? may probably ask mum to drop by both.

ps THANKS FOR THE DETAILED INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Sogo (復興Sogo) is http://www.skyscrapers.cn/diagram/asia/taiwan/taipei/file_SOGO_Taipei_Department.htm this one. The store is on the 3rd floor, I think.

It's located exactly at Zhongxiao Fuxing MRT Station. (or conversely: on 復興南路 x 忠孝東路). If your mom is taking taxi just tell the driver 新Sogo百貨。 It's super easy to find.

I only mention the color because there are 3 Sogo department stores within 3 blocks or so. Don't go to the wrong one.

thanks alot!!!!!!!!! but my mum is most prob going around on foot. she's pretty good with directions overseas. hope i get some goodies when she gets back heh heh

Sure, no problem.

If your mom is going to 復興Sogo, tell her to stop by Kobayashi (小林煎餅)for some "bell cookies". It's just across the street on the same side of the road as that Sogo, and it's sooo good. There's always a line outside for it. 30NT for 3 cookies. Tell her she must try if she's nearby.

1208799606.jpg

2ce02d94.jpg

uc.jpg

You're welcome.

If there's anything your parents want, you can ask me. I'll try my best to help.

wish i could go with my parents to tw. told them to postpone the trip till i come back from australia, to no avail :(:(

hopefully if things go well, i'll drop by in july or smth. azn8oi will you still be there then?

Probably not man. But it's possible depending on whether or not I get my internship. ha.

Cheers.

hahaaa azn8oi is sufu taipei ambassador. good lookin out

would've been cool to meet up, but schedule was fuckin tight son. we set our alarms for 10-11am every day (that's 7 cell phones going off in the morning) but somehow we managed to sleep through that every single time.

most memorable part about the trip was ODing on whisky and running through XMD in boxers. haha was like 2am though

enjoy your last couple of months in taipei !

Mmm... it's Friday night, and I feel like buying shit and spending money...

WHAT TO DO.

I'm gonna go get some Kobayashi cookies. Get fat.

parents back. didnt get me anything. seems that the discount for them UC tees only if you get more then one. :(

Really??? I thought they told me 20% off the bat.

ah well, told you it was expensive. sorry man.

did you mom have kobayashi cookies? hahahhaa

nah its okay. i'll probably drop by in july or smth for the seasonal sales haha

yea she bought some back for me too hahahah they're pretty goooood

leaving taipei in 2 weeks. lol