taiwan :: taipei :: shopping

(eden)

hahahahaah azn8oi said it. im singaporean. we have summer here all year round. :D

but then again, i have a pretty good threshold for cold. hmm i think i'll bring some L/S and a jacket just in case.

fallen, how long will you be there for?

definitely bring long sleeves and your favorite jacket then. a hat or beanie would also be suitable.

i am no longer in taipei, i just returned today. leaving was a sad feeling, i am gonna miss it.

btw i found the Kobayashi bell cookies haha, after i found it i dont know how i missed it earlier, its literally directly across the street from white sogo. it was pretty good, i ate 2 myself and brought some for the Undercover staff lol. i actually had something very similar when i was at Lao He Jie night market, but you can add a variety of filling, like red bean, or taro, tapioca pearls, chocolate, or even cheese.

i'll upload a storm of photos soon

definitely bring long sleeves and your favorite jacket then. a hat or beanie would also be suitable.

i am no longer in taipei, i just returned today. leaving was a sad feeling, i am gonna miss it.

btw i found the Kobayashi bell cookies haha, after i found it i dont know how i missed it earlier, its literally directly across the street from white sogo. it was pretty good, i ate 2 myself and brought some for the Undercover staff lol. i actually had something very similar when i was at Lao He Jie night market, but you can add a variety of filling, like red bean, or taro, tapioca pearls, chocolate, or even cheese.

i'll upload a storm of photos soon

hahah my mum bought it back the last time she went. yea it was pretty good. haha.

im leaving in two days. the last time i went was a year ago.

anw. just trying my luck here

1) are there by any chance any sales going on in taipei? particularly undercover etc?

2) shopping wise, i guess stuffs there are mostly winter wear? if it is, it wont be much use to me here in singapore. lol

yeah, most of whatevers left of Undercover fw09 stuff will be 40% off in the upcoming week. Previous season's stuff (tees, shirts) are currently half off, but not much left except tees.

omg. i was under the impression that being winter there now, the fw stuff will not be on sale. okay. im gonna make my way down the first day i reach taipei. :D

hopefully there's something left for me to kop hahaha

thanks for the heads-up

i think complete studio carries them too. the last time i was there. visvim and stuff. im gonna be there in less than 2 days!! :D

anw. i know its not the general fashion direction there, but any places that stocks gothninja stuff? anndem julius etc etc. other than sogo and ps:underground

That place that's right in front of Yuma's Southwest Grill? (lol I know)

yup that's the one. is that place good? there's a good thin crust pizza place near that corner.

i think complete studio carries them too. the last time i was there. visvim and stuff. im gonna be there in less than 2 days!! :D

anw. i know its not the general fashion direction there, but any places that stocks gothninja stuff? anndem julius etc etc. other than sogo and ps:underground

is PS Underground still open? i walked past it pretty much every day and night and it was never open, always gated down. Unless there's another entrance.

yup that's the one. is that place good? there's a good thin crust pizza place near that corner.

is PS Underground still open? i walked past it pretty much every day and night and it was never open, always gated down. Unless there's another entrance.

I've never been to Alleycats, but that panini place next to it is absolute shit.

http://hungryintaipei.blogspot.com/2008/03/revisited-i-strongly-recommend.html

That's Alleycats. It's a pizza joint.

panini2.jpg

That's a panini. I'm 100% sure you have those in Singapore.

I donno about P.S. Underground, but definitely take a peek at it if you're around and it's open.

I had the pleasure to check out Take 5's new location in Taipei, located in the Zhongxiao Dunhua area (directly across from the workwear store with the big Dickies sign). It's on the 2nd floor on the corner, should be easy to spot. They got a great selection of Japanese denim and leather goods, so if you're in TPE and need some american casual then definitely check out Take 5, or Faith which is only a small block away.

4167503209_8bbff8e958.jpg

they keep a huge pair of SDA jeans hanging outside their store as a sign/flag, it is impossible to miss.

4168237964_7868da2b51.jpg

4171259472_2643148631.jpg

(click to see close up of leather patch)

• 2 weeks later...

just got back yesterday! weather was cold. first 2 days was alright, but it got colder as it went. lucky i brought a jacket.

went to black as chocolate. cake was amazing!! thanks for the tip. bought some random stuffs here and there. nothing much on offer for me during winter. my gf got loads of stuff though, as she'll be going over to osaka in jan for 4 months. stocked up on winter clothing. pics will be up once i get a hold of the camera, at my gf's place now.

and i think PS:underground closed down. i went there for a few days, it was always closed, and the entrance had rubbish and litter all over. there was a worn down sign on the entrance that said clearance from 九折. i think they might have had a clearance sale a while back. not too sure. but dang if they did, i sure missed out :(

somebody kindly tell me if the pics are too big. cant tell on my monitor.

:( i didn't get to eat legendary coffee bread or go to take5, but I got to eat legendary niuroumian. the meat was amazingly soft. the tomato broth thingy was a little weird to be honest, but still decently good.

pics.

met up with an old family friend otw back to the motherland. he showed me around. pretty fun. I can't tell from the file names as I'm typing this, but there's niuroumian, the zhongzheng (sp?) museum/plaza place, and longsanshi night market where I had choudofu, suanlatang, and some jiaozi)

dsc02885m.jpg

dsc02814k.jpg

dsc02815a.jpg

dsc02816l.jpg

dsc02822uj.jpg

dsc02830s.jpg

dsc02841c.jpg

dsc02870p.jpg

dsc02871b.jpg

You guys did a really good job in food choices, and your pinyin (Romanized Chinese) is really really really good if you've never studied it before.

Just one pro-tip... don't ever cop dim sum in Taipei unless you've been living there for a long time without leaving. If you want proper dim sum, drag your ass to HK or Macau. The most legit dim sum I've ever had was in Wynn Macau, Michelin starred dim sum. Taipei stands NO CHANCE AT ALL in comparison to quality.

I was actually embarrassed to be walking around town with the flora posters. So I guess some dumb motherfuckers couldn't get creative and just HAD to rip off the Beijing Olympic // Shanghai World Expo mascots, right?

Oh but I'm sure the flowers will be lovely.

hit up the take5 in taipei today, staff was quite helpful, and I saw some of the inazuma pbjs on sale there!! around 5900nt iirc, which is around 184 dollars! translating to around saw the faith as well, if you walk down a bit more towards the main road (ming chuan rd) there's a store called Thurs (iirc) that sells Fullcount and Denime. didn't get to see the prices and cuts available though as my dad wanted out -_- hit up a niou ruo mien place on yong kang road. their clear broth soup is bomb. no pics though cause i left it at home ._.