taiwan :: taipei :: shopping

(eden)

Pasted from a friend.

* Various

- 1001 (Red Monkey) - Ximending (Eslite) and Zhongxiao

- 45RPM (R by 45RPM) - An He and Zhongxiao (Sogo)

- Allenblue (Nike SB) - several locations

- D-mop (Evisu) - several locations

- Faith (Sugar Cane) - Gongguan

* Ximending

- Apery (BAPE, BBC, Triumvir3, ...)

- Bamboo (Crooks & Castles, Fucking Awesome, Obey, ...)

- Base (New Era)

- Herr (Nike, Nike SB, Stüssy, ...)

- MTS (BAPE, Supreme, Undefeated, ...)

- Scenic (Scenic)

* Zhongxiao

- BAPE Store Taipei (BAPE)

- Co Oper (Atmos, Fingercroxx, Zoo York, ...)

- Leftfoot (Shoes)

- Magnetic (GDC, Silly Thing, Visvim, ...)

- Mei-Shop (Head Porter)

- Phantac (Head Porter, Nike, Nike SB, ...)

- Porter International (Porter International)

- Scenic (Scenic)

- Summit (Flying Coffin, Futura Laboratories, The Hundreds, ...)

- Trinity (Stüssy, Supreme, Undefeated, ...)

- Undercover (Undercover)

- Under x Peace (BAPE, Neighborhood, Supreme, ...)

- X-Large (X-Large)

• 4 months later...

Yes yes I did a search and saw the relevant threads. ;)

But I need more info regarding on where are the main streets/shops to hit once i'm there. I have only like a day to shop before i fly back. Any local hi-fashion labels there to kope? I am particularly keen on stuff with similar aesthetics as Julius/rick/ann/undercover/(n)ine or just about any hi-street label. Besids the UC store in taipei, where can I kope them? ONLY taipei please, and no hip-hop inspired bollocks, i aint no clot-head.

basically..when u walk down the heart of city..Taipei..

u won't find ppl with julius, rick ownes, Ann D or even CCP..

maybe N9 or UC....or even MMJ is all u can rarely see

now kids down there are hyped up with clot, nbhd, visvim..

so ...i guess the few store u can shop will be CDG, UC, Dior, Martin Margiela....no more than that..i guess?

basically..when u walk down the heart of city..Taipei..

u won't find ppl with julius, rick ownes, Ann D or even CCP..

maybe N9 or UC....or even MMJ is all u can rarely see

now kids down there are hyped up with clot, nbhd, visvim..

so ...i guess the few store u can shop will be CDG, UC, Dior, Martin Margiela....no more than that..i guess?

Where can i kope some dior and cdg? They have a boutique there or just some re-seller shop?

go to eslite in xinyi district for Undercover, CDG, and N(N)

Go to UC taipei, around that area there's a store called PS underground, it's an underground boutique

Dior Homme is not avalivle in taiwan, but if u go to any major department stores they should have high fashion stuff avalible, I reconmend SOGO fu hsing (it's a green building near the main sogo, u can access it by metro) It's all high fashion stuff there, and u can go back to hsing yi area and u should be satisfied

im not sure about some other brands u have mentioned..but this kinda of style is not really hot in Taiwan right now

There's a really nice local brand called Find- www.find2005.com.tw but it's located in hsinchu, they do mail order tho and u can pay with paypal

in Ximending there's a shop called used, check there as well

Go to UC taipei, around that area there's a store called PS underground, it's an underground boutique

Dior Homme is not avalivle in taiwan, but if u go to any major department stores they should have high fashion stuff avalible, I reconmend SOGO fu hsing (it's a green building near the main sogo, u can access it by metro) It's all high fashion stuff there, and u can go back to hsing yi area and u should be satisfied

who said there is no dior homme in taiwan

"jo long"(Ritz Collections Co) company held the account of dior homme in taiwan. u can buy dior homme in their store now, i heard it's only a rack and cost like a lung. the company also hold brands like "Emanuel Ungaro、JIL SANDER, Marc Jacobs 、Sergio Rossi ,Fullcircle"

if u want hi-end stuff...go on "da an" street. there is a store call homme trend, they import all kinda of lastest dior pieces such as leather jacket too.

and for UC taipei. "msyaming co" is the one who held the account right now, they also have selection of Martin margiela, camper shoes, cdg, balenciga...but price....will rip ur head off...haha

and APU get the hell out of that land u r staying right now...

lol

i wish i can... well, Xmas is coming up and i will be heading to California for a few weeks so things should turn out better than right now

damn, now i really want to go back to TW, friends, parents, food, shopping, night life, TV, chicks (maybe soso but better than here)

forgot to mention...

u can get Balenciaga & Maison Martin Margiela....in SOGO department store..

and also u can find MMM in idee department store...not sure about the selection thou..

if u seriously want more...try Mitsukoshi department store.....

save ur shopping time....enjoy the food or bubble tea is another good choice..trust me..

who said there is no dior homme in taiwan

"jo long"(Ritz Collections Co) company held the account of dior homme in taiwan. u can buy dior homme in their store now, i heard it's only a rack and cost like a lung. the company also hold brands like "Emanuel Ungaro、JIL SANDER, Marc Jacobs 、Sergio Rossi ,Fullcircle"

if u want hi-end stuff...go on "da an" street. there is a store call homme trend, they import all kinda of lastest dior pieces such as leather jacket too.

and for UC taipei. "msyaming co" is the one who held the account right now, they also have selection of Martin margiela, camper shoes, cdg, balenciga...but price....will rip ur head off...haha

and APU get the hell out of that land u r staying right now...

That's right..i meant to say they are not avalible in the department stores lol

but i found out douan nan SOGO has it as well.

im not sure about some other brands u have mentioned..but this kinda of style is not really hot in Taiwan right now

There's a really nice local brand called Find- www.find2005.com.tw but it's located in hsinchu, they do mail order tho and u can pay with paypal

in Ximending there's a shop called used, check there as well

Eslite is a store? What does PS underground stock? And where is this xinyi district? Hsing Yi and Xinyi are they the same?

I am also on a lookout for local labels, besides Find. What else is good in taipei? I know of this brand called Thurs too.

Eslite is a store? What does PS underground stock? And where is this xinyi district? Hsing Yi and Xinyi are they the same?

I am also on a lookout for local labels, besides Find. What else is good in taipei? I know of this brand called Thurs too.

Eslite is a big chain bookstore originally, but it's more like a department store/huge book store now, the one in xinyi is a new flaship one just opened not too long ago.

Hsing yi=xinyi AKA the area around tapei 101

PS underground has some more under ground high fashion labels and their own house label...havnt checked into that store by myself since i wasnt into that kind of style when i was in taipei this summer.

Both Thurs and Find are not orginated in taipei. Thurs is from Taichung and Find is from Hsingchu. Both are a little bit far from taipei, but im sure u can mail order from both stores. I just ordered something from Find and asked them to ship to Canada. Here's thur's website: www.thethurs.com however it hasnt been working for the last few weeks

there's also another store u can check out in ximen area, called tastemaker, they carry their own house label, and is more avant garde

Eslite is a big chain bookstore originally, but it's more like a department store/huge book store now, the one in xinyi is a new flaship one just opened not too long ago.

Hsing yi=xinyi AKA the area around tapei 101

PS underground has some more under ground high fashion labels and their own house label...havnt checked into that store by myself since i wasnt into that kind of style when i was in taipei this summer.

Both Thurs and Find are not orginated in taipei. Thurs is from Taichung and Find is from Hsingchu. Both are a little bit far from taipei, but im sure u can mail order from both stores. I just ordered something from Find and asked them to ship to Canada. Here's thur's website: www.thethurs.com however it hasnt been working for the last few weeks

there's also another store u can check out in ximen area, called tastemaker, they carry their own house label, and is more avant garde

You have been a great help! Thank you! :D +repp ;)

i need some help from my fellow Taipei SuFuers. i just arrived in taipei for a business trip and i had to make a really quick connection in hong kong so my suitcase didn't follow and i haven't had a shower in like 36 hours and i stink like hell but don't have any change of clothes so any recommendation for a uniqlo type of store (do you have uniqlo in taiwan?) where i could buy basics for cheap to hold on until my luggage gets here. i'm staying at the westin on nanking road if that can help.

Look for Muji, theres one in Breeze located near the Sogo on Zhongxiao. Not sure if im late.

thanks,

i went to muji in the green Sogo.

if i'm not really into streetwear anymore, is going to Ximending worth it?

also, i found the area around UC a bit disapointing, pretty much only streetwear and not the best one. UC on the other hand has a lot of nice stuff. + the boutique is really nice

also i passed real quick by the mitsukoshi and eslite around taipei 101 and spotted Jill Sander and Commes des Garcons (was with my directors and they didn't really feel like going shopping with me...), is there anything else of interest?

how can taiwanese wear down jacket when is 20+ outside and every closed space use air conditionning???

• 2 months later...

i'm going back again tomorrow, but most likely for a longer period, anyone knows if undercover has gotten the S/S stuff in?

i'm in need of business attire, any shop you would recommend for shoes ?

would having some shirts tailored here makes any sense?

any good tailors recommended?

i know this is a shopping thread, but if anyone has any recommendation for fine dinning (cost is not an issue), especially local/chinese food white peoples would usually like (unfortunetly, my directors are not too keen on local food when not with client...). it would be much welcomed. also, a good place for korean bbq/yakiniku (think i remember seeing a Gyu-Gaku around Taipei 101 but not sure) would be nice.

also, if we were to spend a day outside Taipei where should we go/what should we do?

and how are golf courses?

also, we'll probably end up going clubbing again, if we go to luxy, should we reserve a table?

last time we were there, the police closed down the club we were at for like an hour and they weren't letting anybody out, is this normal?

any other clubs worth going?

thanks

I got accepted to study abroad in NTU, but I won't get there until September.

Someone please update this thread until I can do it myself.

not much in taipei recently...

but ya

The store called The Complete studio opened up at east of taipei..

forgot the date.....Jan 19th or sth... a very simple store with wooden floor, glass window and huge spaces...they are the official visvim stockist in taiwan.

and also they carried NEXUSVII、SOPHNET.、TENDERLOIN、CAUSE、ROUND&ROUND、PLAYFORD..i heard they are also bringing in neighborhood somehow...at their 2nd floor.. not sure thou.

台北市106仁愛路四段115號1樓

TEL : 02 27 71 97 09

_f8z3213-thumb.jpg

another store is..TUANTUAN boutique a.k.a (commes des garcon taipei)

same owner as the undercover taipei..

this store included all the cdg line from main line, 2nd line, collab with speedo, fredperry ...plays.junya and tao..pretty much Dover street market in UK

they also carried Undercover、Hysteric Glamour、Number[N]、MMM and Balenciaga in the store.

北市松高路11號 信義誠品1樓

02-2758-0800

resserver.jpg

tuantuan.jpg

i'm going back again tomorrow, but most likely for a longer period, anyone knows if undercover has gotten the S/S stuff in?

also, we'll probably end up going clubbing again, if we go to luxy, should we reserve a table?

last time we were there, the police closed down the club we were at for like an hour and they weren't letting anybody out, is this normal?

any other clubs worth going?

thanks

Haha it's pretty normal, let me guess, they were checking id as well. However last time I passed with a drugstore card...

Room 18 is a pretty good club, it's at neo 19 near 101, and Plush is not bad either