taiwan :: taipei :: shopping

(eden)

I'm djing a private event at Marquee on Saturday. I'm not sure I can squeeze people in but if you are interested, PM me and I:ll see what I can do.

db

I would...but I am too tired after John Selway/Mustard Pimp last night.

This is another leather store that offers handmade leather goods at an affordable price. I believe you can get your stuff custom-made also

http://wufr.idv.tw/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks akura!

Just finished up my month long vacation back in Taiwan for the first time in a couple years love it. Thinking about coming back and taking chinese language courses (i'm abc). . Anyone have any experience with universities in Taipei? A bit of background I speak mandarin pretty well but only conversationally. Most people here are suprised i'm abc because I speak like i'm from taiwan. However I can't really read/write and don't understand more complicated words which is what i'm aiming to fix. Anyone know which schools would be a good fit for my profile?

Thanks akura!

Just finished up my month long vacation back in Taiwan for the first time in a couple years love it. Thinking about coming back and taking chinese language courses (i'm abc). . Anyone have any experience with universities in Taipei? A bit of background I speak mandarin pretty well but only conversationally. Most people here are suprised i'm abc because I speak like i'm from taiwan. However I can't really read/write and don't understand more complicated words which is what i'm aiming to fix. Anyone know which schools would be a good fit for my profile?

I know 師大 (shi da) in taipei has a pretty popular language program for ABCs

• 2 weeks later...

Cross posting from the Eternal thread. Not sure if this has been posted in this thread already. If not, Eternal opened a boutique in Taipei this past March.

For those of you who read Chinese, here's a short article on it:

http://www.mobibon.com.tw/page/Life/...ab27d4eef5&t=3

The boutique is located at the Breeze Center near Zhong Xiao Dun Hua MRT Station.

Address: Sec 4, Zhong Xiao East Road #219.

anyone know where the shop that sells supreme shit is near zhongxiao dunlu?

my friend told me to just google it but i'm getting nothing :\

near zhongxiao dong lu, there's a couple.

there's a shop called JP Show on the smaller street behind DinTaiFeng parallel to zhongxiao dong lu. its near AlleyCats i think. address: 20號, Alley 11, Lane 216, Section 4, ZhongXiao dong lu, website: http://www.jpshow.com.tw/

there's another store in the Zhongxiao Dunhua neighborhood called Magnet. From the UC Noodle Bar, walk one block east and then one block south. again, been a while since i went so not sure if its still there.

edit: i just "walked" around on Google street view maps and found it, its near the intersection of Yanji Rd Lane 62 and Zhongxiao Dong Lu lane 205:

6023518612_c827dc3228_b.jpg

there's probably more in that neighborhood too, there's a bunch of small reseller streetwear shops scattered around there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update. There's a store called Tuan Tuan in the Eslite bookstore department store near Bella Vita in Taipei.

It's got Rick Owens, Ann Demuelmeester, CDG, Junya, Viktor and Rolf among other stuff.

Also, there's a boutique called MJP in Kaohsiung's TALEES department and they carry Dior Homme. Selection there is decent. Bonus points, but I think MJP has a store in Taipei and they have more Dior Homme, but I'm not sure if I heard understood the lady as saying there's another MJP in Taipei or there's just another store in Taipei that carries DH.

Having lived in Taipei for many years. I think it is best to stay away from brand/designer wear because shit is marked up to the MAX just because Taiwanese Men/Women are brand whores. If you really want to get down I highly recommend heading to Shida Night Market Or Wu Fen Pu and check out the clothes there. Many local designers and people selling clothes on the cheap.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited) · Hidden by DJ_Flame, November 29, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by DJ_Flame, November 29, 2011 - No reason given

I'm heading to Taipei for a week in dec. Any hairstylists to recommend around US$20-25? Someone who can converse in English is preferred. My mandarin ain't that good.

Edited by DJ_Flame
Posted · Hidden by DJ_Flame, December 2, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by DJ_Flame, December 2, 2011 - No reason given
i'm heading to taipei for a week in dec. any hairstylists to recommend around us$20-25? someone who can converse in english is preferred. my mandarin ain't that good.
Yo bump.
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to be in Taipei around christmas (23-26th depends how long I stay in Tokyo) and until the 3rd of Jan, so just about a week. Have most of the spots to visit covered... I'm wondering if there is anything big going on for new years that should be fun? I have friends who live in Taipei but not completely sure if they will be busy so I want some backup plans.

Also what are sales like around that time? I know brand name shits are super expensive in Taipei so I'm blowing most of my money in Tokyo but if there are decent sales around this time I might budget some funds.

Any other info/stuff to check out would be appreciated.

I'm going to be in Taipei around christmas (23-26th depends how long I stay in Tokyo) and until the 3rd of Jan, so just about a week. Have most of the spots to visit covered... I'm wondering if there is anything big going on for new years that should be fun? I have friends who live in Taipei but not completely sure if they will be busy so I want some backup plans.

Also what are sales like around that time? I know brand name shits are super expensive in Taipei so I'm blowing most of my money in Tokyo but if there are decent sales around this time I might budget some funds.

Any other info/stuff to check out would be appreciated.

I have the same sort of question. Going to be in Taipei next week and then on to Tokyo and my city, Hong Kong. It'll be my first time in Taiwan. Is there anything worth shopping at all or I should just wait for jp and HK. Any sales? What are some good spots to hit up at night too.

I just came back from taipei, don't shop save your money for tokyo or even hk. There are lots of sales going on but not much for sufu-approved brands. If you want designer stuff, roam around the financial district around Taipei City Hall and Zhonghua Duxiao. Tuantuan in eslite & O3 in bella vista carried stuff like Junya, Visvim, White Mountaineering etc, both malls can be accessed from city hall mrt. Undercover store in Zhonghua was so-so.

The city is full of good looking women though. For clubbing, I recommend Lava in particular, the music is your usual rnb/club/dance but the girls are friendly and cute. Make sure though that you can converse decently in è¯èªž. Wednesday is ladies night and there are alot more girls around.

Also taipei's food isn't too bad. My friends enjoyed the å°åƒ but some of it didn't agree with me. Their çç å¥¶èŒ¶ is unbeatable though.

Any sales on cheaper stuff, like uniqlo/muji tier stores? I think Tokyo will have sufu-brand shopping covered but I'm still hoping to get some cool stuff in Taiwan just shopping around, as long as its not ridiculously priced.

And how's the weather? I'm assuming I'll need a pretty thick jacket at all times and an umbrella?

I just came back from taipei, don't shop save your money for tokyo or even hk. There are lots of sales going on but not much for sufu-approved brands. If you want designer stuff, roam around the financial district around Taipei City Hall and Zhonghua Duxiao. Tuantuan in eslite & O3 in bella vista carried stuff like Junya, Visvim, White Mountaineering etc, both malls can be accessed from city hall mrt. Undercover store in Zhonghua was so-so.

The city is full of good looking women though. For clubbing, I recommend Lava in particular, the music is your usual rnb/club/dance but the girls are friendly and cute. Make sure though that you can converse decently in è¯èªž. Wednesday is ladies night and there are alot more girls around.

Also taipei's food isn't too bad. My friends enjoyed the å°åƒ but some of it didn't agree with me. Their çç å¥¶èŒ¶ is unbeatable though.

thanks for the tips. i don't really speak mandarin but my buddy does. lol. i'll only have weds, thurs nite to go out, so hopefully things are poppin. what's the entrance system like in taiwan? in the us, there's a lot of bottle service. in hk, a lot of the higher end clubs are member's only. i'm assuming i can just walk up and pay cover and get right in in taipei?