taiwan :: taipei :: shopping

(eden)

HA HAHA RHAHRHARHAH

AS PREVIOUSLY STATED, NO ONE GOES TO TAIPEI TO 'SHOP', AND THOSE WHO DO PROBABLY DON'T CARE ABOUT SALES, CUS SALES PRICES IN TAIPEI ARE THE SAME THING AS PAYING AMERICAN/JAPANESE RETAlL.

HA HAHA RHAHRHARHAH

AS PREVIOUSLY STATED, NO ONE GOES TO TAIPEI TO 'SHOP', AND THOSE WHO DO PROBABLY DON'T CARE ABOUT SALES, CUS SALES PRICES IN TAIPEI ARE THE SAME THING AS PAYING AMERICAN/JAPANESE RETAlL.

70% OF THE TlME, AT LEAST.

Yeah.

Just go to Taiwan and eat.

Enjoy the countryside.

And drink with club owners.

Also, for that dude who asked.

You must approach Taiwanese girls for it to work.

Past the initial like...3-5 minutes. You are good.

Lucky you can't speak it well and aren't Taiwanese.

...all the girls give me shit for being able to speak it just well enough to not sound American, but they can still tell I'm from Cali.

• 2 weeks later...
forgot to mention...

u can get Balenciaga & Maison Martin Margiela....in SOGO department store..

and also u can find MMM in idee department store...not sure about the selection thou..

if u seriously want more...try Mitsukoshi department store.....

save ur shopping time....enjoy the food or bubble tea is another good choice..trust me..

lol, a quote from 2 and a half years ago still holds so much relevancy for Taipei as a whole today.

are there any posts in this thread that point to all the must-do things in taiwan?

How long are you staying? U WANNA DO THE NATURE ROUTE OR THE FOOD AND CULTURE (non-aborigine) ROUTE? OR ARE YOU GONNA BE IN TW FOR LIKE 2 WEEKS AND DO BOTH?

• 1 month later...

Yeah, doesn't need to be much. Around 2500NT a night max.

Had a look on the usual discount hotel sights and found some alright looking ones in Ximending or Da-an (?) area. Just want an area that's good for food, bars and not too long a train/taxi ride home from where most clubs are at.

Honestly Taipei is a pretty cheap city. You can pretty much cab it anywhere for around 200NT ($6USD). If you plan on clubbing you will have to cab it since the subway closes at 12. Most clubs don't even get started till 12 so you are shit out of luck on public transportation.

As far as hotels go, I'd try to find one that is close to an MRT. It is the fastest and most efficient way to get around Taipei. Unless you have a international license and can ride a motorcycle. My only beef with ximending is that it is kind of a sketchy area so you might want to be careful at night after clubbing when you get home.