taiwan :: taipei :: shopping

(eden)

Yes, I am in Muzha. Do you know exactly how to get to the Loft using MRT?

looks like it's right by Zhongxiao Dunhua station, shouldnt be too difficult for you then...i would assume that you would take the brown line since you are in muzha, then transfer at zhongxiao fuxing then one stop.

goin to taipei on may 3 for a month, where should i shop in general? thnx

depends what you are looking for i guess. there's a lot of posts on shopping in taipei in this thread.

Eat food for me.

Also, there should be shopping in this thread since the name is taipei shopping only. But to be honest, you won't find any real designer brands worth their price in Taipei, shit is all marked up. Unless you go in summer when they clean out their stock, then it's worth it. Otherwise, I suggest you just go browse, I actually like to buy some wack shit from the night market / streets. Got myself some harem pants for the summer nawmean?

They were kinda lame...but it was <5$. So it's chill.

Any of you guys know of a good basics store besides MUJI? I feel like everyone in Taiwan is brand whores including the guys who are all hypebeast'd. I love MUJI's shit but their sleeves are all a little too short for me.

There's a small store in Shilin that re-sells basic Uniqlo tees for a small markup.

I wish I could tell you the name of the store, or how to get there... but I forgot exactly how. They also re-sell Vis, Original Fake, and some other streetwear...

There's a small store in Shilin that re-sells basic Uniqlo tees for a small markup.

I wish I could tell you the name of the store, or how to get there... but I forgot exactly how. They also re-sell Vis, Original Fake, and some other streetwear...

Ura-Hara?

10char

• 3 weeks later...
azn8oi, PandaDenim, fallen angels, others:

Looking for some websites to find listings of long-stay hotels or short-stay apartments in Taipei. Any ideas? I'll be there for 3 weeks.

What's your max / how much you looking to pay?

Can you read Chinese mang?

http://www.easytravel.com.tw/taiwan/orderroom/

FROM HOUSTON? PROLLY NOT.

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

Honestly I'm too buzzed to read hella Chinese right now,

but from the looks of things,

http://www.backpackers.com.tw/forum/showthread.php?t=320275

this is only 450NT a day, which is like 15 bucks. Jump a homeboy.

If you can read chinese check this website out.

http://rent.591.com.tw/

Honestly though you can probably find a dirt cheap apartment for $150 a month. Its just a room with a bed and a community toilet. If you want an apartment with a private bathroom it is going to run $300/month roughly. This is all just minimum shit. The biggest factor is LOCATION!

Thanks for the help. I'll check these places out.

I'll be in between trips to mainland china and was thinking of just staying in Taipei instead of coming back to the states because a) I like it there and B) it's fucking cheap.

I figured I could stay somewhere pretty nice for 20kNT for 3 weeks, but I'll spend 30kNT max. Shit, I've heard that a serviced apartment there is only 3000NT/night, so this can't be out of the question.

This isn't for a while though. Just seeing if it would work out when the time comes.

• 4 weeks later...

how is it with the strictness of the drugs? do they card you for alcohol and cigs and like 7-eleven? How about carding you at night clubs? Because im not 18 yet. What clubs are good near Taiwan, anybody know? Are they even worth going to?

What to do? Besides food. I know to check out night market, to some shopping, gime some names, some specifics. Thanks so much

how is it with the strictness of the drugs? do they card you for alcohol and cigs and like 7-eleven? How about carding you at night clubs? Because im not 18 yet. What clubs are good near Taiwan, anybody know? Are they even worth going to?

What to do? Besides food. I know to check out night market, to some shopping, gime some names, some specifics. Thanks so much

Drugs in Taipei are very strict! Don't even bother trying. I have never been carded for alcohol or cigs at 7 or any other convenience store but If you are under 18 and look like it, you will most likely get busted. Clubs in Taipei are very fun but the problem is that 1. you are a guy 2. you are under 18 3. Fake Id's don't really fly in Taipei so you are shit out of luck.

If you want specifics just go through the thread it is has plenty of information. Just go to Zhonxiao Dunhua MRT and walk around that area it should satisfy all your needs.

• 4 weeks later...

lol, which English institute are you teaching at? Or don't tell me that you're an ultra-Christian and are going to study abroad at Providence Univ. haaaaaaa.

Kidding aside...

2 hours by bus to Taipei from Taichung, ~8 dollars per way, can get cheaper depending on which time you go. Or you can ride the high speed rail, $20, an hour or so, including the drive to the High-speed rail (HSR) station, which is kinda out of town..

Taiwanese girl at clubs are a hit or miss for foreigners. You might strike it lucky. Most girls have no confidence whatsoever in their speaking ability, but as long as you don't talk like a Texan, they can definitely understand you.

• 2 weeks later...
not much in taipei recently...

but ya

The store called The Complete studio opened up at east of taipei..

forgot the date.....Jan 19th or sth... a very simple store with wooden floor, glass window and huge spaces...they are the official visvim stockist in taiwan.

and also they carried NEXUSVII、SOPHNET.、TENDERLOIN、CAUSE、ROUND&ROUND、PLAYFORD..i heard they are also bringing in neighborhood somehow...at their 2nd floor.. not sure thou.

台北市106仁愛路四段115號1樓

TEL : 02 27 71 97 09

_f8z3213-thumb.jpg

another store is..TUANTUAN boutique a.k.a (commes des garcon taipei)

same owner as the undercover taipei..

this store included all the cdg line from main line, 2nd line, collab with speedo, fredperry ...plays.junya and tao..pretty much Dover street market in UK

they also carried Undercover、Hysteric Glamour、Number[N]、MMM and Balenciaga in the store.

北市松高路11號 信義誠品1樓

02-2758-0800

resserver.jpg

tuantuan.jpg

what are the prices like for such labels? is it normal or overpriced?

will be heading there in oct.whats the weather like?