taiwan :: taipei :: shopping

(eden)

i liked chuang wang a lot too, their 豬腳 was nice innit? if you didnt try it, go back and try it. if you're in that area, go to Kobayashi and buy the 'twinkies' in the front. worth your time... coffee bread in the underground mall is highly worth your time too. you can find my posts about that probably 5 or 6 pages back. i posted a map.

Actually I'm really lucky, my friend owns a pad right on Zhongxiao Fuxing, and he's letting me stay there while I'm in Taipei, so I live right across from the new(green) Sogo so life is super convenient for me.

It's too bad your gone man, seems like it would have been fun hitting up the local Taiwanese 美食館 / 餐廳(s) with you.

Actually as for the ice and shit, I am currently studying at Shi Da, so I just walk outside and get me some of that Ice Monster stuff. Shit is amazing on a hot day, and Taiwanese mangos are truly orgasmic.

lol, you call walking to yongkang jie "just a walk"????

IT'S LIKE FUCKIN 36C RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!?

lucky place to be situationed, pretty close to shida too.... there's a direct bus to the gates, but I'm sure you know that by now.

lol, you call walking to yongkang jie "just a walk"????

IT'S LIKE FUCKIN 36C RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!?

lucky place to be situationed, pretty close to shida too.... there's a direct bus to the gates, but I'm sure you know that by now.

Hahahahaha, I walk everywhere in Taiwan, and common dude, getting killed by the heat is what makes the ice good.

And yeah, it's the random summer storm time right now so it's humid as fuck, it feels like I'm being steamed alive.

Yeeyeeyee, I got the bus, #74. Haha, thanks though.

Ay yo I dunno how many of you SuFu dudes are out in Taipei right now.

But there's a "secret" sale going down in the new(green) SoGo at Zhongxiao Fuxing. It's got a bunch of brands that are pretty hard to find all at huge discounts...

E.g.

Undercover

Balenciaga

Martin Margiela

Camper

45RPM

and some other stuff... discounts are dope, I got 3 pairs of shoes all 70% off each. Unfortunately the clothes are not my style, but definitely hit it up, it's on the 8th floor of the SoGo, they are trying to keep it "quiet" but hit it up. Today was the first day so I recommend you hurry up before all the shit is sold out.

lol, just fucking. Generally speaking though, Taipei really does have some horrible sales, mostly because of the markup for everything that you could want.

What shoes did you cop in the 8th floor?

lol, just fucking. Generally speaking though, Taipei really does have some horrible sales, mostly because of the markup for everything that you could want.

What shoes did you cop in the 8th floor?

Two pairs of Campers, shit is fucking COMFORTABLE.

And a pair of Margiela hightops...the girl I was with insisted...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went down to Faith today and saw that Take 5 has set up a few doors down. Pretty decently sized place on the 2nd floor. Pretty decent selection of brands: PBJ, Samurai, SDA, Pherrows, Red Moon, Flat Head. Stuff was EXPENSIVE though. Sam S5000VX at 11000NTD. If you're a 'member' it's 8800NTD.

Checked their site: http://www.take5jeans.com/

Looks like it's Lightning x Take 5 in Taipei for the month of October. Not sure what's happening to the space after that but it seems like a lot of renovation to use for just 1 month. I assume they're testing the market as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up on Take5 in Taipei!!

I'll go check it out next time when I'm back. It's really too bad they're overpriced though... I would've liked to have a store that I would actually buy stuff from, instead of just trying stuff on for size, then ordering it online.

• 4 weeks later...
i'm about to roll through, what's good

tell me best places to eat anywhere near zhongxiao dong lu

ps. never been there during november, whats the weather like? do i need a jacket or is it too humid

Specifically zhongxiaodonglu? Eating there in general is honestly not that great, even with all that variety. Seeing how you're just there for a bit, I won't even bother recommending Western. Everything is pretty much mediocre with the exception of a few gems.

One of my favorites is 糖朝 -- which is directly on ZXDL:http://www.sweetdynasty.com.tw/

It's opened by a Taiwanese actor or a HKer or something, not sure. They serve general Canto stir-fry fare and congee. Generally speaking most things are not bad to try. I always come here when I'm sick for the 豬肝粥.

Do try their 鳳梨蝦, which is like our Americanized Walnut shrimp. Their shrimps are always perfectly fried-- crispy, and huge,and very Taiwaneezy with that pineapple. Their mixed veggies stir-fry is not bad, some veggies in there are not as often seen in the states. Their 揚州炒飯 is not bad either.

If you're feelin ballin, there is a place that serves kobe beef hot pot and lobster hot pot, 2000NT+ per person. It's on 大安路x忠孝東路, have to walk a bit south on da-an lu. I've never tried this one but I bet it's interesting.

I personally love 麻辣鍋。I don't give two rats ass about hot pot usually, but I'm usually down for mala. My favorite in that area is MK (Mala King), located on an alley on 大安路,behind Sogo忠孝分店(the non-green older one). They offer friendly service and it's all you can eat without sacrificing quality. ~400NT. You MIGHT have to wait in line depending on how cold it is that night. 臺灣臺北市大安區大安路一段52巷7號.

Chuang Wang for beef noodles in that area. Do get the pork knuckles in there and always a tomato base soup concept. It's on the corner of 忠孝東路x大安路,Second floor. Big red sign.

For good sushi in the area, try Masa. I never ended up going there, but it should be decent. Old review: http://liaoyusheng.com/archives/food_drink/20080514_sushi_masa_taipei.php

台北市大安區市民大道四段155號

Venturing eastwards to 忠孝東路216巷,you will find 鼎泰蘴, which is nice every once in a while. Real talk: the crab+pork XLB in the Arcadia DTF are better than the ones in Taipei. It's funny, but I guess Taiwanese crabs suck a nut. Their fried rice is nice and light but always a hit or miss for me-- sometimes too soggy because of using fresh rice. Flavor is good though. XLB are consistently good, and do try their 豆沙包 for dessert.

Nearby in that same alley is 川妹子,a Sichuan restaurant. It's pretty nice, though you will be FUCKED if you go by yourself. This is a classic Chinese plate-sharing concept, so plan accordingly. I see everyone order the 酸辣鍋 there. I forgot the exact name but their 涼拌雞 is nice. http://0227216950.travel-web.com.tw/

If you are STILL not full after dinner, you can go try the most famous Taiwanese dessert spot in Alley 216, 東區粉圓。 Never order the cold there, it's shit. The ice chunks are gay. Always order hot. It comes in a red bean soup base. Whatever else you add, don't forget to add the 粉圓.

http://blog.yam.com/venuslin0113/article/10622977

台北巿忠孝東路4段216巷40弄3號1樓

I also posted a small dessert place like 10 pages back. It's a must-try.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1753381&postcount=253

I'd ask you to proxy these bitches back to me, but they're nasty cold.

November during the day is sometimes still kinda warm, but it gets a bit chilly at night. Just bring your Supreme jacket (always a supersearch stalker concept), it's enough.

one thing i never jumped on that will forever be the rage in Taiwan is shaved ice. My fam will always take me to some shaved ice place during the summer and I see people pile on every single topping that is available.

I think its O.K. but nothing to go out of my way to eat. I prefer the ice cream cones that are like 10ft tall and only cost 30NT that shit is NUTS!

so excited going to taipei this coming summer. theres also this this store in or near taipei and originating in taipei called REMIX. it sells high-end streetwear. so its sorta pricy. you ca nsearch pics up but its very hard to cop unless you hit the flagship stores.

Frantic crazy post advertising store dude cannot even describe the location of.

Honestly, not much shit to buy in Taipei, hit up the Night Markets buy fake shit and eat food, club, arcades, eat fancy dessert. Shopping is not that great in Taipei.