taiwan :: taipei :: shopping

(eden)

lol, just checked the location. I think your friend took over the place that used to be a bar... maybe I'm wrong because that spot is probably too big for a yogurt joint.

• 1 month later...

might be goin to taipei in sept, gonna start doin my research now in places to go etc before I go. Since the last time I went to seoul without any planning, I missed out on quite a few spots.

Whr's a good place to go for shopping and eye candy? I heard Luxy is pretty good.

might be goin to taipei in sept, gonna start doin my research now in places to go etc before I go. Since the last time I went to seoul without any planning, I missed out on quite a few spots.

Whr's a good place to go for shopping and eye candy? I heard Luxy is pretty good.

Yessuh. It's the club known around here as the "ABC" club. But yeah, it's pretty chilllllll.

Yo if you make it here before the 20th of August I'll still be here and I can show you around maybe.

I dunno if he will still be around, but if you are interested in Yonehara Yasumasa's(Yone's) work he's hosting a show on Dongshao Fuxing.

haha it's a tiny place so probably not where you're thinking. it just opened this past weekend, i think it's directly across the lane from a Subway deli.

enjoy your last 2 weeks in taibei

Hey hey hey. I go there everyday pretty much. I'll look for it! Any recommendations?

Could you get me a discount? Haha, just kidding, nothing is that expensive in Taipei; foodwise.

panda youre in taipei? i leave friday, very little time to hang out now, too bad. i want to recommend you my fave restaurant in taipei... food addicts unite?

panda youre in taipei? i leave friday, very little time to hang out now, too bad. i want to recommend you my fave restaurant in taipei... food addicts unite?

AY YO. Respond quick my Taiwanese brother. I'm down to kick it thursday night if you want. Take me to your fav restaurant man. Haha. Down?

haha hey guys next time you're in the Shih Da University neighborhood check out this new frozen yogurt store YoFroyo my friend just opened

http://www.yofroyo.com/

next to Shih Da University. 1F No. 9 Ln.59 Shihda Road

I was kicking it with some peeps today around there, and I found it! A girl I was with bought some yogurt and I tried it, it's pretty good man, will return. Especially since today is xiao shu. It's gonna be hot for the rest of the summer man, must get some Fro Yo in there to survive.

But really, true Taiwanese concept. Bao bing. Do not forsake it.

sup ted! u still out there! holy fuck. hope you're not melting away in this heat. get up on this varsity jacket and support the toj/chagi masagi/ass licking for those in need and despair.

dan, i've become obese in taiwan, am totally fucked, ha! coppin varsity jacket when i am a medium again, fuck my life. hahahah

AY YO. Respond quick my Taiwanese brother. I'm down to kick it thursday night if you want. Take me to your fav restaurant man. Haha. Down?

I just went to the restaurant tonight, it was a different chef behind the counter than usual, food was only a 85 tonight instead of my usual rating of like 96. I'll still recommend it anyways:

hanabi 日式 tapas , location: MRT zhongshan. it's adjacent to the entrance of the SPOT 'theater' . the address is in the blog(s) below

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/akagi77/23869175

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/lemonadellen/20720031

I've been there several times already, and have tried almost everything on their menu. they have a regular menu, and a wall that changes seasonally. right now for the seasonal menu they have uni harvested from penghu (the resort island in tw), high mountain bamboo, lots of squid (wish I ordered that tonight), and lots of different types of fish.

If you can't read chinese, you're super fucked. there's no english menu, though the waiter speaks excellent english.

You should order:

1905546295.jpg

手羽先唐楊, their house chicken wings, a must try.

Mentaiko potato, nice and light appetizer

I tried the PengHu uni last night, and it was decent, but not as nice as japanese uni I think. It's worth a try I guess, or you can have it served as a roll.

1905546332.jpg

牛肋條土手煮 - the flavor is fucking amazing, but tonight it was overcooked. the texture was like cheap beef jerky, i had to send it back. try your luck though, because the flavor is truly amazing.

Alternatively the 牛筋 version of that dish is a great choice.

Get a 釜飯, there are many many different kinds. I had the mushroom tonight, and I think it was TOO light in flavor (another reason why i had to lower the score, damn). The seasonal 釜飯 at the moment is a squid version. i think the squid is called 管 something, forgot.

Sorry I had to give you the 411 version. I'd go with you but I'm booked until I leave. Have a great time in Taipei... need any other food, just ask. :)

I just went to the restaurant tonight, it was a different chef behind the counter than usual, food was only a 85 tonight instead of my usual rating of like 94. I'll still recommend it anyways:

hanabi 日式 tapas , location: MRT zhongshan. it's adjacent to the entrance of the SPOT 'theater' . the address is in the blog(s) below

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/akagi77/23869175

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/lemonadellen/20720031

I've been there several times already, and have tried almost everything on their menu. they have a regular menu, and a wall that changes seasonally. right now for the seasonal menu they have uni harvested from penghu (the resort island in tw), high mountain bamboo, lots of squid (wish I ordered that tonight), and lots of different types of fish.

If you can't read chinese, you're super fucked. there's no english menu, though the waiter speaks excellent english.

You should order:

1905546295.jpg

手羽先唐楊, their house chicken wings, a must try.

Mentaiko potato, nice and light appetizer

I tried the PengHu uni last night, and it was decent, but not as nice as japanese uni I think. It's worth a try I guess, or you can have it served as a roll.

1905546332.jpg

牛肋條土手煮 - the flavor is fucking amazing, but tonight it was overcooked. the texture was like cheap beef jerky, i had to send it back. try your luck though, because the flavor is truly amazing.

Alternatively the 牛筋 version of that dish is a great choice.

Get a 釜飯, there are many many different kinds. I had the mushroom tonight, and I think it was TOO light in flavor (another reason why i had to lower the score, damn). The seasonal 釜飯 at the moment is a squid version. i think the squid is called 管 something, forgot.

Sorry I had to give you the 411 version. I'd go with you but I'm booked until I leave. Have a great time in Taipei... need any other food, just ask. :)

I guess the pictures are fucked because theyre linked from wretch. I took the pics from one of the blogs, happy hunting. heh

Haha, thanks man! Actually what I really want is some dope 牛肉men(I can't find the word on my laptop right now...lol) There are a bunch all over the place, and a realllly tasty one with the sickest pigs feet near where I live. But I'm down for recommendations! Also dumplings and baozi are always appreciated. :)

FUCK I'm getting fat here. All I do is drink and eat...but my friend makes me get up everyday at 6 30 to go swimming with him at the ACC.

my last dinner in taipei tonight was here, 老張牛肉麵

mian, the easiest way to get the character in traditional chars while typing in pinyin, is to type mianbao for bread,then delete the 包)

http://www.lao-zhang.com.tw/ , voted #1 beef noodles in Taiwan in the past. while not considered the best now, it's still a hearty and amazing bowl of noodles featuring fucking tender and juicy australian beef. I've had all flavors and hold a personal preference to tomato soup rather than original or spicy.

order: 半肉半筋 (half meat half tendon [niu jin1] ), 番茄湯 (tomato soup stock), SMALL bowl.

p-020.jpg

粉蒸肥腸 - intestines steamed with rice + yams - don't skip this if you like intestines.

do try the eggplants sidedish (grab it off the rack yourself)

that's a touch too much food for one, I recommend you go with someone else, have him/her order a small bowl of noodles too and share the 小菜。other sidedishes are good, but the eggplants are my fave. get a plate with lots of chilis + soysauce, combine with eggplants, and enjoy.

P.S. if you like intestines hit up a-zong mian xian. it's the sole reason i EVER go to ximen is for a quick bowl, and i IMMEDIATELY leave that shithole.

my family is planning to go taipei again this nov-dec. its winter time right?

azn8oi!!!!! do stores there only stock winter wear during that time? if thats the case, i cant do much shopping around. winter-wear is hardly suitable for singapore weather :(

I think I remember the tees being there in the winter... but coppin UC tees this winter is strange-- the outerwear collection is fucking AMAZING.

too bad it's useless for you.

Mmm...

Nothing beats waking up early and getting some of that youtiao/shaobing/mantao/othertraditionaltaiwanesebreakfastshit.

And thanks for the recommendations azn8oi. I went to try Lao Zhang and some other famous 牛肉麵places but I really like the one near chongshaofuxing called Chuang Wang.

But I will report back with more food as I explore more! Also the mango shaved ice is literally orgasmic in this heat.

Mmm...

Nothing beats waking up early and getting some of that youtiao/shaobing/mantao/othertraditionaltaiwanesebreakfastshit.

And thanks for the recommendations azn8oi. I went to try Lao Zhang and some other famous 牛肉麵places but I really like the one near chongshaofuxing called Chuang Wang.

But I will report back with more food as I explore more! Also the mango shaved ice is literally orgasmic in this heat.

did you try the shaved ice or the 'milk ice' one? i thought the milk version was way better. should try that instead if you haven :) i ate that practically everyday i was there.

and azn8oi. i know the winter collections are amazing!!!!!!!! but i'll probably get heat stroke wearing that here in singapore. but as long as there are tees and related stuff there for me to cop, :D

Mmm...

i liked chuang wang a lot too, their 豬腳 was nice innit? if you didnt try it, go back and try it. if you're in that area, go to Kobayashi and buy the 'twinkies' in the front. worth your time... coffee bread in the underground mall is highly worth your time too. you can find my posts about that probably 5 or 6 pages back. i posted a map.