taiwan :: taipei :: shopping

(eden)

hey azn8oi, i'll be going to taipei for 7 days next month, any suggestions as to where to go? besides the shops that have already been mentioned in the thread. not rly looking to do much shopping tbh, just wanna eat and get draaaank.

my friend told me at luxy all the ballas lay their car keys on the table to attract the bitches. t/f ? i have an audi key fob that i have lying around that i'll bring just in case.

thanks azn8oi!

ughhh really?i can't believe it....cuz i hate HK the most...gan!

um...u can find ANYTHING in taiwan.. don't worry! :D

just bring alot of $$$$$$ and speak english all the way...

u will be well treated.

yo l3ootlegs, what percentage of the population speaks fluent English? I'm Taiwanese but never been to Taiwan :( most people fucks with the Mandarin and not the Fukian right?

hey azn8oi, i'll be going to taipei for 7 days next month, any suggestions as to where to go? besides the shops that have already been mentioned in the thread. not rly looking to do much shopping tbh, just wanna eat and get draaaank.

my friend told me at luxy all the ballas lay their car keys on the table to attract the bitches. t/f ? i have an audi key fob that i have lying around that i'll bring just in case.

thanks azn8oi!

My really good friend just visited me for 2 weeks, so I know what's up in Taipei at the moment... hmm- Taipei for 7 days is a bit boring, but I guess you have to stay there with family instead of venturing out on your own eh? Spending 3 days in Hualian or Kending (have to pick only one of the two) is not a bad choice...

I'm not sure what's up in March, and I don't think anything particularly cool is happening.

If you want to get your drink on, you can go to Luxy or Room 18. There is a bar street behind Far Eastern Hotel, but it's filled with old white guys and couples (lol). Prices for drinks are the same as in the states, so don't bother thinking that it will be cheap. Room 18 entrance fee is 600NT ($20). I haven't paid for Luxy in a really long time... Wait. I've never paid for Luxy, ha. There are some ways to get in for free, like before 10:30PM or something.

It's not that easy to pick up Taiwanese bitches in clubs unless you make them 灌醉 (guan4 zui4) so it's really not that great because they will just pass out on your ass (paging dismal). Using your car keys as a way to get girls to sleep with you? lol, you can try, but sounds fucking stoops.

In terms of where to eat, well, there are endless choices. Taipei is a nice food city. Tell me what you want to eat and I can find it for you.

yo l3ootlegs, what percentage of the population speaks fluent English? I'm Taiwanese but never been to Taiwan :( most people fucks with the Mandarin and not the Fukian right?

will just answer for him.

Everyone pretty much mandatorily has to start learning english starting from like 5th grade. That being said, not many people actually speak it well due to an absence of opportunities to practice. Add on top of that that 90% of the population is deathly shy, you will find that depending on English is not the way to go. Taiwanese people, generally speaking, have pretty good reading ability for English though. They can understand reading stuff pretty well. They can also understand what you mean if you speak really slowly as well, but they will have a hard time answering you back in English.

As for the Mandarin part... yeah. If you're in Taipei, everyone speaks Mandarin. It's when you leave North Taiwan (Taipei, really) that everyone really starts to turn on the 台語, though they all still understand Mandarin.

sup aznboi

i'l be with a bunch of friends, so it'll be no problem going out of taipei for a couple of days. what's good at hualien? wiki talks about a national park or something, and not much else.

for food, i've been looking at this blog:

http://hungryintaipei.blogspot.com/

shit makes me hungry every single time.

and i was just kidding about the car key thing, forgot to add the little sarcasm meter. would've been about a (6)

i actually think theres lots of things you can do in taipei over a weeks time, you just gotta know what to do.

of course theres nightlife like aznboi said.. clubs and lounges, shisha bars. also if you like singing get drunk and go to KTV..

as for shopping, i'm pretty sure you know what you needa know

food is amazing

theres a lotta other fun stuff to do that can easily take up a nights worth of time.e. going to nightmarkets, go shrimping up in the mountiain (catch shrimps and oook them), travel to danshui or beitou for hot springs, nice while the weather is still "cold", etc etc.

having lived in taiwan for 4 years and consitently going back 2-3 times a year, it never seems to get boring and always presents something new each time i go home

sup aznboi

i'l be with a bunch of friends, so it'll be no problem going out of taipei for a couple of days. what's good at hualien? wiki talks about a national park or something, and not much else.

for food, i've been looking at this blog:

http://hungryintaipei.blogspot.com/

shit makes me hungry every single time.

and i was just kidding about the car key thing, forgot to add the little sarcasm meter. would've been about a (6)

Hualian has Toroko Gorge and Qingshui Cliffs. Both are fucking gorgeous places to visit on a scooter. Just need your passport to rent one! Kinda makes you appreciate nature for a minute. It's not really a 'fun' place to visit, but it's really chill and nice. If you're there in like May, you can go kayaking in the river rapids. I don't think so in March though.

Kending, on the other hand, is actually pretty fun. It's a beach resort / national park place, Socal vibe. Lots of water activities, pretty fun. You can also rent scooters here, and it's pretty nice. I donno about some kind of "uniquely Taiwan" feeling from this place though.

haha and I check that food blog out too. I've been to several places in that blog. Her opinion is dependable, but it's obvious that she drives. A bunch of the places that she features are far away from MRT stops, making it gay to bother going to them.

hey azn8oi, kinda random, but did u watch Hai Jiao 7 Hao (Cape #7) at the theatres when it came out? haha i know it was a while ago, but i heard it was like the biggest thing to hit the taiwan's moviescreens since Titanic. was it really that hype over there?

haha yeah. apparently when i watched it in theaters here, it had only been out in theaters for 5 weeks or so; but apparently in taiwanese movie theater language, that means that it should've gone out of circulation 2 weeks ago. it's all hyped, and still is hyped.

malasun and that old fart are in commercials EVERYWHERE. they're very 紅 in tw now.

~不管你愛與不愛都是歷史的塵埃~

im going back there in april or so hahahahahah cant waiitttttt. any sales going on in april? i went last august and there was. namely UC and stuff. cant wait

lol true story: today i was on my way to dinner and walked by a store with a huge display in the window that said 一折起

i laughed, and felt bad.

(it says 90% off and up)

lol true story: today i was on my way to dinner and walked by a store with a huge display in the window that said 一折起

i laughed, and felt bad.

(it says 90% off and up)

any way u can help me if UC is on sales? and wad do they have? hahaha i miss buying uc tees at 50% discount, which was what happened when i was there

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
haha yeah. apparently when i watched it in theaters here, it had only been out in theaters for 5 weeks or so; but apparently in taiwanese movie theater language, that means that it should've gone out of circulation 2 weeks ago. it's all hyped, and still is hyped.

malasun and that old fart are in commercials EVERYWHERE. they're very 紅 in tw now.

~不管你愛與不愛都是歷史的塵埃~

chie tanaka is a babe yo. hope this catches on and more j-beezies come over.

Yo I'm going to be in Taiwan for all of summer chilling and getting back to my roots.

Anyone have suggestions on must see's/must do's/must kop's/must anything's?

I'll be living in Taipei attending a language summer intersession and probably interning.

DO NOT GO TO 師大. DO NOT GO TO SHIDA. DO NOT GO TO SHIDA. DO NOT GO TO SHIDA. DO NOT GO TO SHIDA.

台大's ICLP is A+ though! (always a UC student on exchange/rich boy concept)

Yo I'm going to be in Taiwan for all of summer chilling and getting back to my roots.

Anyone have suggestions on must see's/must do's/must kop's/must anything's?

I'll be living in Taipei attending a language summer intersession and probably interning.

Alright for reals now:

Must see?

Get out of Taipei. Go to Hualien and go to Taroko Gorge.

Girls walking around in 東區 (between Zhongxiao Fuxing and Zhongxiao Dunhua)

Must do?

Go to Kending with a friend or two, and just go mess around. I did ocean water sports, was fun. Can snorkel.

If you can't make it out for bungy jumping, you should consider paragliding (look it up on youtube)

Go to 台東 and go riverrafting.

Must kop?

Don't waste your time. Almost everything that SUFU likes is available, but at a markup. If you're desperate to cop, it's only $200 to fly to HK, $400 to fly to Tokyo.

Must eat?

士林夜市 - 綿綿冰

士林夜市 - 紅油炒手 (had it in some many places, still my personal favorite)

士林夜市- 大香腸(胡椒味,加大蒜)

東區(between 忠孝復興x大安路)-Kobayashi 'cookies'

Coffee bread (assorted locations to buy, prefer underground mall at Zhongxiao Fuxing myself)

永康街 - 老張牛肉麵

唐朝 (東區)-木瓜甜點 (forgot exact name)

Most lolz

Hello Kitty Sweets Cafe - The Hello Kitty bakery/restaurant (大安路)

Where are you going to live? Rent shouldn't really cost more than 10,000NT for a single room, depending on where you're staying. If your family lives in some shithole like Banqiao or Yonghe, please get your own place.

Oh yeah, and once again, don't fucking go to NTNU (師大)

chie tanaka is a babe yo. hope this catches on and more j-beezies come over.

the J-beezies that have no hope in their country come over to taiwan. they learn mandarin, and go ehhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! all the time, while speaking Chinese. 有點兒怪怪的。