taiwan :: taipei :: shopping

(eden)

Well I'm finally not surprised at why you've barely just registered on sufu, sorry to say, ha ;). it's ok we all started from somewhere.

uh, if you still want those streetwear type shoes and "special editions" blah blah blah (not all that common in taipei to be fucking honest) then you need to go to 東區巷 on 敦化南路x忠孝東路... the kicks stores are more towards 市民大道。 Leftfoot, greyone arsenal are a couple of places to start...

ok i think i'm just gonna cross adi off the list because it's hard to find anything not bball related. and i hate bball. i took a look at the stuff from leftfoot... not really my style. i'm looking for something a bit dressier. something like camper, but better looking (sometimes their colors are really whacked up). greyone looks pretty good, but what's their price range?

btw by 東區巷, are you talking about tea street, near vc and bed?

ok i think i'm just gonna cross adi off the list because it's hard to find anything not bball related. and i hate bball. i took a look at the stuff from leftfoot... not really my style. i'm looking for something a bit dressier. something like camper, but better looking (sometimes their colors are really whacked up). greyone looks pretty good, but what's their price range?

btw by 東區巷, are you talking about tea street, near vc and bed?

the more example u gave the more i felt that u don't even know what you really want....

haha damn that's what i've been fearing all along. well i guess in the meantime i'll go around in tai kuh flipflops.

man..u r in taiwan ..go with the taiwanese style shit yo

tai kuh flipflop is the taiwanese VISVIM ..believe me or not

every traditional taiwanese owns a pair....no matter u r youth or old.

you can go buy visvim vans for $400 in the complete studio. have fun with that :)

damn that $400 i rather spend that 400 bucks on plane ticket fly to tokyo....u still got few bucks changes...

i've been living in taipei for the past three years and it's pretty much sucked. food isn't especially great, sanitation can be intolerable, transportation infrastructure is undergoing a huge revamp, the air is bad, the people are not as friendly as guidebooks make them out to be, and their fashion sense is completely whacked up. i look forward to regular trips to hong kong to get decent clothing in the region.

haha you suck at taiwan

damn Bootlegs, you're Taiwanese?

I was under the impression you were HK this whole time.

ughhh really?i can't believe it....cuz i hate HK the most...gan!

Hello.

I am Taiwanese but I've never been to Taiwan before.

Shame. :(

But I might be going for a summer study program for my university this summer.

Is there like a denim shop equivalent of Take 5 or anything like that at all in Taiwan?

um...u can find ANYTHING in taiwan.. don't worry! :D

just bring alot of $$$$$$ and speak english all the way...

u will be well treated.

i speak mandarin fluently too, but I have an accent that gets picked out to be 'ABC' really quickly. the first words out of every taxi driver's mouth is, "你是從國外回來的對不對â€

哈。

as for the question a while back: how is living at guting?

living at guting isn't too bad, to be totally honest. it's a tiny bit of a university stop, cus it's next to shida and this other school whose name I don't know. there's a nightmarket that's relatively close to guting (nearer to taipower station, but still walkable). it's relatively close to everywhere that you would want to go, and only 3 stops from taipei main station.

and 3 stops + transfer + another 4 stops to 忠孝敦化 which is where all of the boutiques are at.

i speak mandarin fluently too, but I have an accent that gets picked out to be 'ABC' really quickly. the first words out of every taxi driver's mouth is, "你是從國外回來的對不對â€

哈。

as for the question a while back: how is living at guting?

living at guting isn't too bad, to be totally honest. it's a tiny bit of a university stop, cus it's next to shida and this other school whose name I don't know. there's a nightmarket that's relatively close to guting (nearer to taipower station, but still walkable). it's relatively close to everywhere that you would want to go, and only 3 stops from taipei main station.

and 3 stops + transfer + another 4 stops to 忠孝敦化 which is where all of the boutiques are at.

hahaha, they can totally tell . cuz u r rocking sneaker with baggy jeans and trucker cap? lol

havent worn baggy jeans and trucker cap since 2001 ...

hahahahahahaha. i usually get picked out to be 新加坡人

Hhahahaa I usually get mistaken to be Singaporean too hahahahaha (but only if my chinese sounds better/more fluent than it normally does). And then I tell them I'm from the US and was born/raised there and they go like O_O.

But I hate it when SA's try to follow you around everywhere and talk a lot!!! #1 you talk too fast and use too many chinese fashion terms that I don't understand, #2 get back to the counter and get out of my face! Damnnnn I hate it when they are so persistent.

havent worn baggy jeans and trucker cap since 2001 ...

hahahahahahaha. i usually get picked out to be 新加坡人

well im a 新加坡人. and im mistaken to be from HK all the time when i was there a few months back. hahahha. the irony. anw. hoping to go there soon within the next few months. still deciding where to go. miss the food there.

• 2 weeks later...