taiwan :: taipei :: shopping

(eden)

The last couple of posts brings back some fond memories. I was supposed to go back this winter, but my gf works for Forever 21 corporate and they are like Jews except they believe in Christ.

Anyways, my cousin has an apartment in XinMan Ding. I think it is called Tokyo Taipei Hotel. Anyways that nigga brought Absinthe to Taiwan and is caking it. Taipei is so dope when it's cold. Can't stand that nasty August heat, although its nice to see the girls dress accordingly.

fuckin Taipei is so dope. It's been two months since my 2 month internship and I STILL want to go back and live there for a while. America is just so damn boring in comparison and it takes a lot to get people to understand that it's boring here (except if you're in New York or something).

well, maybe it there still is fun stuff to do here but what I mean is that it's not stimulating. I miss all those flashing lights, bing lang bitches, lots of people at 3 am, crazy scooters, street food, etc etc

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Never have seen APC in taipei. There are Japanese raw denim choices though... and Cheap Monday.

a couple places used to carry APC. the first was ZK's shop Faith but he stopped carrying it a few years back. the second place i've seen APC is D-Mop. but again, that was a while back too.

i can't believe i hadn't looked for this thread before now. definitely a few places i have yet to hit up.

mm.. meetup? haha, pm me for my cell if interested. I'm busy with work from school for a week, but can probably meet after Christmas. we can go visit zipangu leatherworks, it's somewhere near 中山機場

Damn had to do quite some digging. Really need to learn to read chinees :(

Anyways, here is the map: http://gallery.sweemie.com/summit_map.jpg

btw. There are alot of interesting stores in that area (Taipei location). Only problem is that the Taipei store is quite small. I still need to visit the one in Taichung though, but since they can have parties there, I guess it is alot bigger....

I'm heading to Taipei somewhere next May.

So I need to know where to shop..

Taipei has alot of small alleys. And that is where those shops are hiding. Smal Alleys rule...!!!

• 2 weeks later...

i've been living in taipei for the past three years and it's pretty much sucked. food isn't especially great, sanitation can be intolerable, transportation infrastructure is undergoing a huge revamp, the air is bad, the people are not as friendly as guidebooks make them out to be, and their fashion sense is completely whacked up. i look forward to regular trips to hong kong to get decent clothing in the region.

mmm..

Food isn't that great, that's true. Sanitation isn't as bad as you make it and I'm a germaphobe... Transportation is OK, depending on where you live I guess. Air is actually not that bad per se... LA is worse at times. I've only encountered friendly motherfuckers, but yeah. The fucking clothes here are 10000% whack. I went to Hong Kong and it was a fucking breath of fresh air. I saw a girl walking with a giant Lanvin shopping bag around Thanksgiving and it made me wonder what economic recession?!

You're not white, right?

hahaha as someone who is chinese (cantonese) living in taipei as an american expat, there are bound to be misunderstandings.

after reading my semi-rant, i take some things back. sanitation isn't that bad (refer to phnom penh to see why), but so many irresponsible dog owners, alley pissers, tu4 tan2 people, betel nut chewers... whatever. the infrastructure for things like the mrt could be better integrated, and i live in the xinyi district... as a planned district, i expect more, but meh.

hk's answer to the recession is to limit shopping for bags to only one namebrand bag per month. this is according to the news.

ack double post.

where can i find good kicks in taipei? i've tried every single adi originals store and their selection seems to be rather limited (i miss japan only styles)... aside from adis, i'm also interested in zara man shoes (both for the price and decent designs). anything comparable in taipei?

ack double post.

where can i find good kicks in taipei? i've tried every single adi originals store and their selection seems to be rather limited (i miss japan only styles)... aside from adis, i'm also interested in zara man shoes (both for the price and decent designs). anything comparable in taipei?

man seriously...u don't know how to shop in taiwan.

if u ever wanna get fancy kicks .. go to USA or Japan for limited products

zara is just bullshit.....why would u wanna buy some Euro shit in taiwan?

go around night market or morning market

u will always find some nice shit there....something around 199NT 299NT

those are the real taiwanese kicks

eg. blue x white sandal.

right?

man seriously...u don't know how to shop in taiwan.

if u ever wanna get fancy kicks .. go to USA or Japan for limited products

zara is just bullshit.....why would u wanna buy some Euro shit in taiwan?

go around night market or morning market

u will always find some nice shit there....something around 199NT 299NT

those are the real taiwanese kicks

eg. blue x white sandal.

right?

... yeah but i'm trying to look past the tai kuh crap. and zara is taking decent designs and making them cheap as hell. whereas the night market shoes were ugly to begin with, and then made cheaper with cardboard. haven't you been keeping up with the news? i'd rather not have my shoes fall apart after one wear.

will be visiting taiwan in a couple of months. where are the peasant spots to hit up? good night markets beside shih lin? do they sell puppies at the night markets? that would be dope. puppies are dope.

heard there are a lot of clubs that have open bar, can't wait to fuck up my liver!

azn8oi, is it worth our while to visit NTU and mack on bitches? we'll be there for a little more than a week

... yeah but i'm trying to look past the tai kuh crap. and zara is taking decent designs and making them cheap as hell. whereas the night market shoes were ugly to begin with, and then made cheaper with cardboard. haven't you been keeping up with the news? i'd rather not have my shoes fall apart after one wear.

Well I'm finally not surprised at why you've barely just registered on sufu, sorry to say, ha ;). it's ok we all started from somewhere.

uh, if you still want those streetwear type shoes and "special editions" blah blah blah (not all that common in taipei to be fucking honest) then you need to go to 東區巷 on 敦化南路x忠孝東路... the kicks stores are more towards 市民大道。 Leftfoot, greyone arsenal are a couple of places to start...

will be visiting taiwan in a couple of months. where are the peasant spots to hit up? good night markets beside shih lin? do they sell puppies at the night markets? that would be dope. puppies are dope.

heard there are a lot of clubs that have open bar, can't wait to fuck up my liver!

azn8oi, is it worth our while to visit NTU and mack on bitches? we'll be there for a little more than a week

HA. HA. HA. HA. 開什麽玩笑啊?! fuck NTU. NTU has the ugliest chinese bitches i've ever seen in my life. seriously, worse than nerdy Asian Americans bitches that watch anime and are fat. They're worse than those. seriously. maybe equal, if I'm being kind.

Don't ask me for the peasant spots to hang out, because I live (eat) like a king here, thanks. It's too cheap here to bother living like a peasant. don't bother with that shit. eating like a king doesn't cost much to be honest, and I'm not even a rich guy. The taiwanese economy isn't doing too hot, so the media always makes reports on where to find noodles for 50 cents all the time. don't fuck with that. Don't go to 士林夜市 either, the only things that are good there are 香腸 and 綿綿冰。

there's a night market nearby my place that sells puppies, but it's all in legit stores. It's on 基隆路, before 信義路。 i doubt you can find puppies to eat in taipei because everyone is a dog freak here. I think that's what your joke was getting at. or maybe not.

and every club has open bars. that's a given. drinking is the same as in America. same prices dawg. waters start at $5. you can go fuck with that shit if you want, but you aren't getting any pussy from there, unless you're dismalfuture. oh, you can go to bars on 案和路 behind 遠東飯店, some of them serve absinth (not illegal in Taiwan). I didn't see any fairies though, fuck that.

dude (and i only say this because you're living in taipei, hence closer than i), you're flying in the wrong direction to get decent clothing in the region. Tokyo is THAT way.

ha, right. HK is closer though! hey I might be popping into hk or macau sometime next week. meetup?