taiwan :: taipei :: shopping

(eden)

undercover stuff is on sale. i didn't really check the prices, but most of the S/S is 40% off.

1 year. btw what cds you want? i want to go to another eslite because the one i went to yesterday at city hall didnt have my haircut mags. im pissed.

does UC have a good selection of a/w 08 stuff yet?

about the cd's, i got in touch with a distributor, so i should be good for now. thanks though

oh btw undercover just got stock of every new season item, on friday. $130 for tshirts. RAPE!

complete studio is OK. stock isnt bad, prices are rape!

azn8oi you live there or smth? hahah you seem to be permanently there. anw. i miss taiwan. hoping to go there again end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

You kidding me? Gongguan has tons of good places to eat. On the top of my head, there's a street behind Roosevelt road with a bunch of Thai resturants. Just stroll around the backalleys adjacent to the main streets. Lots of resturants around that area. It would help a lot of you have a local buddy to take you around the good places to eat. Nightmarket food is ehhhh don't eat that stuff to often.

You can also check out the area around Zhongshan (one MRT stop north of Taipei Main station) for more good resturants. Then of course there's the district behind the old Sogo Zhongxiao department store that has all sorts of good resturants.

During my summer internship, I've eaten at a ton of good resturant type places but I haven't been to many authentic mom and pop resturant/ eateries.

taiwan as a country is quite beautiful. taipei as a city is hilariously ugly. but there's so much to love that it's easy to look pass the dilapidation.

It's cuz of the humidity and culture of dirtiness (slowly catching up to Japan standards though)

You kidding me? Gongguan has tons of good places to eat. On the top of my head, there's a street behind Roosevelt road with a bunch of Thai resturants. Just stroll around the backalleys adjacent to the main streets. Lots of resturants around that area. It would help a lot of you have a local buddy to take you around the good places to eat. Nightmarket food is ehhhh don't eat that stuff to often.

You can also check out the area around Zhongshan (one MRT stop north of Taipei Main station) for more good resturants. Then of course there's the district behind the old Sogo Zhongxiao department store that has all sorts of good resturants.

During my summer internship, I've eaten at a ton of good resturant type places but I haven't been to many authentic mom and pop resturant/ eateries.

It's cuz of the humidity and culture of dirtiness (slowly catching up to Japan standards though)

you sure? for me those night market and roadside stalls are KICK ASS. didnt bother to venture into those restaurants when i was there. was too full just from walking down the streets. hahaha. taiwan food is not about the restaurants man. its about the authentic 'xiao chi' or 'small eateries' when translated directly.

i honestly dont rememebr where it is, but they use yam for fries. instead of potatoes its really good. just flex ur arm and ask the girls at xi men ding "where is ding gua gua" they will proabbly point you to it good luck young man

edit:

do me a favor take a picture of the store and the food i havent been in taiwan for 5 years thanks

ah, that.

I haven't been that that particular place, or even noticed it for that matter, because I completely avoid western styled fast food.

I've had those kind of fries in a street vendor in Taichung though... fucking excellent. I know they're pretty legit!