Nudie Jeans outdated?

rasmusDoh

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't SuFu in, but in terms of the relatively more mainstream fashionable set, they are more "in" than ever. (In the US that is)

i just bought a pair of regular ralfs about 2 months ago, havent even taken them off, my goal is to get them as cool looking as possible then move on to another pair and add them to the collection. Nothing is ever outdated as long as you rock it and rock it well. If you look at present style the old Marlon Brando 501s are even back granted they are Levis which have stood the test of time, but style is what you make it. Nothing is ever in nor out its what you like and what you know you look good in. if nudies fit well and youre looking for a pair of raw selvage jeans then get em no sense is seeing what everyone else is buying because in the end youre the one who is wearing it. me personally i love the way nudies rrs fit on me and i get compliments all the time, so i will continue to wear em till i find something else that catches my interest, style, attitude and appeal.

fuck what people say...if youre comfortable, and your looking great the name brand doesnt matter for all you know you may be the one to bring back a brand name

i just bought a pair of regular ralfs about 2 months ago, havent even taken them off, my goal is to get them as cool looking as possible then move on to another pair and add them to the collection. Nothing is ever outdated as long as you rock it and rock it well. If you look at present style the old Marlon Brando 501s are even back granted they are Levis which have stood the test of time, but style is what you make it. Nothing is ever in nor out its what you like and what you know you look good in. if nudies fit well and youre looking for a pair of raw selvage jeans then get em no sense is seeing what everyone else is buying because in the end youre the one who is wearing it. me personally i love the way nudies rrs fit on me and i get compliments all the time, so i will continue to wear em till i find something else that catches my interest, style, attitude and appeal.

fuck what people say...if youre comfortable, and your looking great the name brand doesnt matter for all you know you may be the one to bring back a brand name

Well said.

outdated to alot of people here who enjoy the "superior" quality of other denimz.

nudies are still nice jeans though.

they're not bad. i have a paid or ralf and straight svens, having bought the ralf because of all the hype on the internetz... the fit sucks donkey balls. however, the straight sven is one of my fav fits.

hype from where??

Personally, I think it's about personal taste. I have the straight sven and just picked up the MASA. I have a lot of denim from Levis to Edwin, Samurai, Studio D'Artisan -- I wear them as my mood dictates. Lately been wearing my lees 101b japan repro. I personally love the quality of the Japanese repros.

One thing Nudie should get credit for is having a good variety of subtly different skinny/slim cuts and a fairly interesting array of unique dry options (greycast etc etc). Prior to the Selfedge Collaborations, someone who only wears skinny jeans would have been hard pressed to find raw jeans as interesting and of the quality as most of Nudies offerings. I wouldn't hesitate to buy Nudies again but right now, I am not interested in much of anything denim-wise that isn't either a)heavier than 14.5 ounces b)Especially interesting denim-super slubby, interesting fading properties, natural indigo, hand dyed c) unique detailing or particularly interesting cut such as almost all of the Selfedge collaborations. Plus, I have way too many jeans that need to be worn, and I spent 2 years wearing 5 or 6 pairs of nudies.

They were really sweet back in '03, but don't really like them now as I'm no longer liking the fit on most of their jeans.

Hate the back pockets and contrast sitching too. Only ones I'll consider are the coated finns or the long johns.

I think the issue that a lot of people seem to ignore with the sarcastic tones about Nudies and those who are serious really don't seem to take in what happens in the wear of the jeans. Flat out while Nudie and APC can generally share similar starting price points, Nudies often deteriorate much faster than other bands where you're shelling out over 150 for a pair of jeans. More people on here have issues with nudies and crotch blowouts and that the denim isn't really of the best quality. APC will sell a better constructed jean out of a more desired (selvedge) material for the same price, where as

Nudies selvedge doesn't even start till I THINK 250 the last time I checked.

Nudie bases their products in a fashion forward area. Cuts that go from skinny to baggy, and use different techniques to do something innovatie with the jean (like the Black Coated Thin Finns) and I think that everyone can agree that they do a good job on how they really look. If they step up and make the quality as spot on as the cut, those who do prefer brands like Samurai, Flathead, Sugarcane etc would be much more willing to give Nudies a chance.