Skinny, Coated Jeans

home

Rick Owens Darkshadow black waxed jeans are amazing. Perfect skinny fit and a really nice waxed treatment. I'm hoping to pick up a pair sometime this year.

are you talking about the "berlin cut?" i think shit is nice, with the finish/in general, but shit just seems big. the rise is alittle long as well. i assume you size down in these...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you talking about the "berlin cut?" i think shit is nice, with the finish/in general, but shit just seems big. the rise is alittle long as well. i assume you size down in these...

I think so. I don't know exactly what the cut was called, but it's the one with darts in the thigh. I tried on one size down from my usual (31) and it was very tight in the waist -- probably could have stuck it out and had it stretch -- but the 32 would've been comfortable in the waist and slim, but not super skinny in the leg. So I think you could probably size down one if you want to.

The rise didn't seem long to me... mid-low, similar to Dior.

I think so. I don't know exactly what the cut was called, but it's the one with darts in the thigh. I tried on one size down from my usual (31) and it was very tight in the waist -- probably could have stuck it out and had it stretch -- but the 32 would've been comfortable in the waist and slim, but not super skinny in the leg. So I think you could probably size down one if you want to.

The rise didn't seem long to me... mid-low, similar to Dior.

The fit on these is fantastic (with the darts) and just like you said, slim without making your legs looks like twigs. It's easily one of the best fitting pair of pants that I have. After trying them on, I sized down 1 from my natural waist and the fit is perfect for me. It's possible that it's just a sizing inconsistency which I've seen to be a bit of a problem with the RO/DRKDHDW stuff, so get measurements if possible. The texture of the wax changes a bit as you wear them also, giving it a bit more of worn in look.

One thing to keep in mind when buying these is that the mens and womens versions look very similar but the womens are cut lower and slimmer. Some people pick up the womens versions just because they fit slimmer and it's easier to find the smaller sizes. One way to tell is by the tag, the men's are DU#### and the womens are DS####.

I love everything about these pants ... except:

-unfinished hems. I know it's supposed to be like this but it looks a little sloppy to me so I'll probably get them redone.

-they attract lint, so don't put them down on your carpet.

What's the name of the skinny cut? The one with around a 7.25" hem on say a 30 or 31? The ony i bought from robi are a bit more full cut than i was hoping. I really like the finish and overall look of them. I'm debating on whether or not to get them tapered (maybe just below the knee or to mid thigh depending on how much trouble it'd be). I sized down about 1 on them and the waist is fine. Potentially could've gone down 1 more if i felt like having it really tight in the waist at first.

Where to get the fit that you guys are are discussing?

I picked up a pair of the skinny black coated Lee's from superag - low rise, tight, no stretch. Very shiny finish.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/super-rag/513444/1790316/

These things look siiiiiick. Any chance you could post pictures? I have a pair of tfdbc's which I'm pretty happy with, but if I didn't already have black coated denim, I'd be all wet for these Lees.

How much did you get them for? And I assume they're not available in the US?