Being a supertalker, does that make you look down on other peoples style

homi29

supertalkers are obviously a bit more in touch with whats new, hot and dope in terms of fashion.

Most people dress pretty poorly, or at mainstream malls , and buy everything from the GAP or AE or something.

do you think being a supertalker makes you look down on most peoples style, i know for me, i think most cats dress pretty whack

I don't think it's a good idea to talk like that. I don't think I'm better than anyone. Especially when it comes to fashion. It's so subjective. I just wear tees, jeans, and sneakers. What's so great about that?

I know some people on here get worked up and start talking shit about some style, but it's all good. They just have their opinion. I have mine. Like I said somewhere else, if I don't like something I'll call it wack, but my point isn't to knock someone down for the sake of boosting my own ego. I'm just playing around. If we kept all our opinions to ourselves, there would be no point to this messageboard.

So people can talk shit all they want, as long as they don't take it too seriously.

Yes and no. I think the vast majority of the population doesn't place that much emphasis on personal style and fashion aside from keeping abreast with current trends and looking decent. And honestly, why should they? If they have a regular 9 to 5 job and bills to pay and kids to feed, paying GAP or AE to make them look "hip" is perfectly fine with them and obviously it works otherwise these companies wouldn't be around. If you got other things going on in your life, I don't think being on the cutting edge is really that important. In many ways, the posters on superfuture (with me included) are pretty maniacal about fashion, styles, trends, etc; I know I am. And in some ways, people prolly think I'm weird. Thing is, I don't care if people think I'm weird for being really into denim and obscure cool designers and brands. I guess the only demographic that bugs be are those that try too hard and still don't get it. I've said it before and I think its been mentioned so many times on this board: you gotta develop your own style. What really erks me are people that subscribe to a certain trend or brand or whatever without reflecting weather it even reflects their own personal style or even if it looks good on them! People that follow what the "stars" are wearing or based their fashion opinions and decisions on what someone else tells them is cool really annoys me. Everyone's body and looks are different so what looks good on a model or actor may not look good on you.

Edited by djrajio on Aug 23, 2005 at 04:36 PM

yeah its not something i get worked up on, but for myself, i like to stay in gear which is quality , and looks good on me and reflects who i am.

i dont judge peoples character by how they dress, but i do size up what people are wearing, i think thats natural.

on the other side, i have respect for people who can perfectly content rocking payless shoes and tees from walmart, but personally i wouldnt want to present myself that way

I only look down on people who look down on me for the way I dress. I think most people would look down on us actually because we're crazy enough to discuss and read a msg board about this. And they would say that there are alot more important things in life than to be concerned with style. Because of this, sometimes I hate telling people how much I spend on jeans. icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

definetly not

I judge peoples style when I see it, and I have respect for eevry style as much as I can, even when I cant relate

I'd probbaly have less respect for STer's style if I ever saw them, because being in the know about all things makes me hold you to a higher standard

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

Style should be a personal matter. Otherwise why would there be anything but 501s and white tshirts and chucks. It is a way to express your own identity. I have a complete different interest than majority of people in this place. I have no interest in sneakers or hoodies. I really don't care if my jeans are selvedge or raw. But I will never put anyone down for wearing what they wear. That is why they wear it and I don't.

I like this place for the information it provides. It opens me up to brands that I wouldn't know of before and it introduced me to a place that sold Cheap Monday online that I wouldn't have known about otherwise. If I can help someone else find something out about a brand or store that they didn't know about then it has done it's job. I wouldn't drive up to the guy in a Hummer and tell him he is a fool and should have bought a Geo Metro like mine. But if he wanted to buy one I could give him my opinion and point him in the right direction.

I do spend a lot of money on clothes. It's not because I really want to but because the brand I like charges alot. I will wear a pair of Dior Homme jeans with a 15 dollar H&M shirt and it works. But the guy that is standing on the train next to me probably doesn't have a clue where I bought either. So what does it matter? I like how I look. If you don't then don't dress like me but why would you care to tell me to dress like you.

I grew up in the midwest and everytime I go to visit my family I get a ton of stares. People think I'm either a complete freak, a model or a rockstar. Simply because I look different than the average midwesterner. Fine with me. I don't want to look like them but I'm not going to tell them that they look any worse than me.

Style should be a personal matter. Otherwise why would there be anything but 501s and white tshirts and chucks. It is a way to express your own identity. I have a complete different interest than majority of people in this place. I have no interest in sneakers or hoodies. I really don't care if my jeans are selvedge or raw. But I will never put anyone down for wearing what they wear. That is why they wear it and I don't.

I like this place for the information it provides. It opens me up to brands that I wouldn't know of before and it introduced me to a place that sold Cheap Monday online that I wouldn't have known about otherwise. If I can help someone else find something out about a brand or store that they didn't know about then it has done it's job. I wouldn't drive up to the guy in a Hummer and tell him he is a fool and should have bought a Geo Metro like mine. But if he wanted to buy one I could give him my opinion and point him in the right direction.

I do spend a lot of money on clothes. It's not because I really want to but because the brand I like charges alot. I will wear a pair of Dior Homme jeans with a 15 dollar H&M shirt and it works. But the guy that is standing on the train next to me probably doesn't have a clue where I bought either. So what does it matter? I like how I look. If you don't then don't dress like me but why would you care to tell me to dress like you.

I grew up in the midwest and everytime I go to visit my family I get a ton of stares. People think I'm either a complete freak, a model or a rockstar. Simply because I look different than the average midwesterner. Fine with me. I don't want to look like them but I'm not going to tell them that they look any worse than me.

As Monk says, "it's a blessing and a curse."

Imagine wearing AE and GAP and not caring about it. People that do are perfectly happy doing so and they have no problem with it. I would never wear such clothing, but thatdoesn't mean I look down on people that do. I kind of envy them in a way!

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

I never look down, I respect their style which is a reflection of their background, culture, etc. I think I just have an eye and appreciation for the details. Sometimes I question myself too, if I purchase something expensive/different because there's a bit of insecurity in me.

Quote: I never look down, I respect their style which is a reflection of their background, culture, etc.

Word.

Even if they are rocking green and white Phatfarms with a matching Celtics jersey and a matching Celtics fitted. It does give you a big laugh but its their own style.

steam that 4 life !

Quote: ... charges alot. I will wear a pair of Dior Homme jeans with a 15 dollar H&M shirt and it works. But the ...

Everything Lost said.

What makes me look down on people are if they think they know whats hip, I might know some thing for SOME people but for the majority I'm way off.

I attend a REALLY "snobbish" highschool, there is like 250 L.V. bags out of maybe 600 students, and not just the 350$ ones, they go all the way. People surely look at me when I show up in tight jeans, multiple layered shirts, tees and a lot of bracelets. But whatever, this is the style I love, but I also know that they feel the same about theirs.

You need different stuff to show off different attitudes. Its all about attitudes.

dress badly on purpose.

NO MOST HERE ARE JUST STUPIDDER THAN THE AVERAGE SHOPPER

AND FALL FOR ALL THE GIMMIKS OF

"BEING IN THE KNOW/AHEAD OF THE GAME/COOLGUY LIMITED EDITION"

EVERYONE ON HERE HATES WHAT THEY WERE INTO A YEAR AGO AND WILL HATE WHAT THEY WEAR RIGHT NOW IN ABOUT A YEAR.

SORRY...I KNOW IT HURTS..

HOPE YOU GET IT LATER...