Nom de Guerre Spring / Summer 08

mellowbonsai

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any US stockists have the safari shirt yet?

jake has the safari shirt in white. not sure if it is on the web site yet, but they have it in-store. tried it today and felt like it was lacking for $215 though. the buttons are shitty and plastic, the fabric feels chinsy, and the cut is really tight in the shoulder and upper chest with a too-short boxy/blousy fit in the stomach. not a fan.

jake has the safari shirt in white. not sure if it is on the web site yet, but they have it in-store. tried it today and felt like it was lacking for $215 though. the buttons are shitty and plastic, the fabric feels chinsy, and the cut is really tight in the shoulder and upper chest with a too-short boxy/blousy fit in the stomach. not a fan.

Maybe you should drop a few pounds tubby. I find that all the NDG fits true to size. I got the safari shirt and it fits perfect.

Maybe you should drop a few pounds tubby. I find that all the NDG fits true to size. I got the safari shirt and it fits perfect.

their previous season stuff was huge on me in a small, but this season is cut very trim. and as i said, the stomach area and everything below the chest was still way big, just the shoulders were cut really narrow. i'm hardly tubby as i wear an xs in band of outsiders, but the chest and armpit of the safari shirt for this season was cut smaller than an xs in BoO which i think is pretty damn small. and its not like it was unwearable, just looked stupid being so slim in the chest and fitting like a garbage bag elsewhere. maybe you have a scrawny little boy chest with a tubby gut and that is why it fits you so well.

and congrats on buying a shitty shirt for $200. the quality in my opinion was junk compared to other shirts in that price range...

I find that all the NDG fits true to size. I got the safari shirt and it fits perfect.

I think that some pieces like the shirts do, but their sizing does seem all over the place:

compare the shawl neck sizing to the to the marine parka sizing

going on those sizes i'd only need a Large in the Parka, but I had to get the XL in the Shawl neck.

I like the material they use for their Tees, its very soft and comfortable but they do look quite cheap on the rack. The graphics this season are just weak, made worse by ill placed poorly designed logo's through them.

their previous season stuff was huge on me in a small, but this season is cut very trim. and as i said, the stomach area and everything below the chest was still way big, just the shoulders were cut really narrow. i'm hardly tubby as i wear an xs in band of outsiders, but the chest and armpit of the safari shirt for this season was cut smaller than an xs in BoO which i think is pretty damn small. and its not like it was unwearable, just looked stupid being so slim in the chest and fitting like a garbage bag elsewhere. maybe you have a scrawny little boy chest with a tubby gut and that is why it fits you so well.

and congrats on buying a shitty shirt for $200. the quality in my opinion was junk compared to other shirts in that price range...

The shirt fits great, is good quality and has gigantic mop buttons. Your description is vastly inaccurate.

The shirt fits great, is good quality and has gigantic mop buttons. Your description is vastly inaccurate.

i can promise you that the safari shirt i tried on did NOT have mop buttons, as i inspected them pretty well. and imo compared to a band of outsiders shirt, which is the standard i tend to hold a shirt in that price range to, it is just not as nice in terms of fabric and construction. fit is totally subjective though, so i'm sure there are people who will think it fits great and that is fine. i have muscular shoulders/chest and a very small waist and long torso, so due to the way it is cut it looked like a wierd sun dress/belly shirt hybrid on me. but in any case, i feel that my description of it being very slim in the chest and shoulder yet loose in the stomach and cut short is pretty accurate. i mean hell, all you have to do is look at the picture of it laid flat here and you can see that it is cut the way i described:

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/shop.php/nom-de-guerre/nom-de-guerre-safari-shirt/p_2346.html

i'm not trying to knock nom, i like a lot of the pieces, but this shirt just misses the mark imo. and if you read styleforum, you would know that i am not the only person who feels this way about both the fabric and fit on this season's version. nowhere near as nice as the moleskin one from the fall commection.

Just from the pics on the site, the button holes look too big for the buttons which kinda sucks. Anyone try on or have opinions on the naval toggle parka thing? I liked the Raf by Raf one from a year or two ago better but this is close (if anyone knows where i can grab that raf one, please PM me). I might try to snag a few things at sale time.

I know they're a staple so they probably won't go on sale but have people liked the shorts at all? I want one decent pair and was curious if anyone ever bought them/tried them on.

yeah, i tried on all the new ndg stuff they had at context, the marine parka was of respectable construction (made in japan, fully lined, hardware riveted in three places like the deconstructed deck hoodie), but just not my steez. im still waiting on the short trench

deconstructed denim jacket was the best piece of the collection, i think. its a lot like the deconstructed deck hoodie, middle section is black denim, sleeves and hood are "normal" sweatshirt cotton

western shirt was also very nice, fully lined

consider sizing up on the button ups/jackets this season

i tried it on in small and it seemed to fit pretty large compared to their other stuff i mean i took a small in the cardigan, crew neck, t-shirt. and the floral cowboy shirt, i took a small in and it is probally the most fitted piece out of everything, but i certainly would go for xs in it (If they do, anyone know?) the two technical jackets are pretty fitted also havn't tried on the other shirts yet

anyone try on the shawl neck yet? is it true to size?

i sized up from a Large to a XL in this piece.

I didn't get to try a large on but the XL fitted me exactly like an older Supreme Large which is how I wanted it to fit. Context have the measurements up for this, they seem a whole size out to me atleast the larger sizes, with an XL being for a 40/41" chest.

• 3 months later...

Just check all their stockists. Peasant, oki-ni, brigade clothing, might have em'. I didn't check though.

There's no way those bags on blackbird are worth it are they? I like the blue color but am wary of quality and how they look in person. I'm sure someone had to have seen them in person and have an opinion on them.

They still have the jackets at NdG but I would also call Barneys in ny, they should have them.

Bags are not worth it, I don't even know if they are worth it at 50% off. I like s2a ones a lot better.

NdG will have an in-store sale soon, if you can wait I would.

Bags are not worth it, I don't even know if they are worth it at 50% off. I like s2a ones a lot better.

Yea, i kind of figured just from the pics. Too bad as it's a nice color blue.