Nom de Guerre Spring / Summer 08

mellowbonsai

I've got the Marine Sweater from FW 2007 (I've only seen it for sale in NDG, never online) and the quality is marginal at best. It won't keep it's shape so stretching it even a little bit (ie while putting it on) ruins it. Now I own a droopy sweater. It also wrinkles a lot and I've never had wrinkling problems in any sweater. I don't expect it to last beyond this season and I wear it once, maybe twice a week.

The more I look at their clothes, it seems like a cleaner, slimmer fitting amalgamation of every preppy brand ever.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the deck hoodie. I really do. My Girlfriend spent 500 bucks on a fucking cotton hoodie for me. I'm eternally grateful. BUT....I don't know if they manufactured yours in Italy and mine in Turkmenistan, cause that shit has been falling apart consistently since the day I brought it home. Already had it re-stitched twice.

yeah, thats odd, that hoodie is fucking tough. ive worn that hoodie almost as much as ive worn my kicking mules, biked through the rain and snow in it and not a stitch has fallen out yet. huge fucking ykk zipper, the lace through the hood is waxed and the metal end bits are rivited, tag says "made in japan"

i hope the significant price reduction doesnt compromise any of the quality (at least that i have observed, though my experience is limited to the items Context bought)

I've got the Marine Sweater from FW 2007 (I've only seen it for sale in NDG, never online) and the quality is marginal at best. It won't keep it's shape so stretching it even a little bit (ie while putting it on) ruins it. Now I own a droopy sweater. It also wrinkles a lot and I've never had wrinkling problems in any sweater. I don't expect it to last beyond this season and I wear it once, maybe twice a week.

The more I look at their clothes, it seems like a cleaner, slimmer fitting amalgamation of every preppy brand ever.

which is why i really like NDG, but not the price point, with S/S 08 being priced down a bit, i could be picking up a few pieces...

flight rain is definitely copped though as soon as lets say april comes around

• 1 month later...

I went to NdG to check out this collection and left somewhat disappointed. Prices are still unreasonable and to be honest I only liked few pieces. The nylon jackets are nice but not for $400+ maybe for around $150 I would take another look. I liked one of the sweaters that I didn't see in the lookbook and the light blue safari shirt.

I also heard that the "flight rain jacket" that most people seemed to like the best was much more dissapointing for the price in person. Too bad....

some of the new pieces are up Here

the pricing is still high, and they've mostly only got the graphic tees in which are only ok, nothing special.

I checked Liberty in London on Sunday, and phoned a few of the other Uk stockists, and all their buys seemed pretty similar - a few shirts/polo's, maybe a knit, the rain jackets and heavy on the graphic tees.

I picked up the shawl neck sweat on the weekend but nothing else took me at the time.

some of the new pieces are up Here

the pricing is still high, and they've mostly only got the graphic tees in which are only ok, nothing special.

I checked Liberty in London on Sunday, and phoned a few of the other Uk stockists, and all their buys seemed pretty similar - a few shirts/polo's, maybe a knit, the rain jackets and heavy on the graphic tees.

I picked up the shawl neck sweat on the weekend but nothing else took me at the time.

End's pricing seems a little high compared to other UK retailers.

This cardigan was 'only' £150 in Liberty.

i have both the intarsia knit cardigan and crew neck came in the grey and the navy no other colours i prefered the cardigan when i bought it but now the crew is far nicer

as for the tech fabric jackets they are so much nicer in person im thinking of getting the black one the sizing is cut pretty neat i wear really small in dior like 40 to 44 and the jackets fit nice in their style in small but im sure i could fit into a xs.

and shirts are pretty neat their is fantastic floral western cowboy shirt thats nice im yet to see the trench but should be good. also a nice basic shawl collar jersey sweat thats about a £100 the tees are ok they run pretty large but iv never liked ndg when its on their models but the collections are always so much nicer when you see the pieces individualy

im working in a shop thats sell ndg so thats how i know hopefully trench comes in soon as for the prices it just is up to the owner i mean we sell some stuff cheaper and more expensive but only max 5-10 dif