state your beer, drinkers

^ a good choice..

I'm a nut brown fanatic.

My current favorite is Ellie Brown's by Avery.

I also love, but can't get goose island hex nut brown... seems its not available in LA...

Anyone going to be around for SF Beer Week? My theoretical itinerary:

2/5/10: Russian River @ 9:00-Pliny the Younger and bottled Supplication release

2/6/10: 2:30-5:30-Alesmith tasting at City Beer Store, 6:00-New Belgium night @ Toronado

2/7/10: 6:00-Port and Lost Abbey @ Toronado

2/8/10: 3:00-Sour Fest @ Triple Rock (Berkeley), 6:00-Rare Moonlight beers @ Bobby G's (down the st.), 6:00-Allagash @ Toronado?

2/9/10: 3:00-9:30-Barrel Aged Fest @ Triple Rock?, 3:00-11:00- Russian River @ Pi Bar (in the Mission), 5:00-Moonlight no hop beers @ Monk's Kettle?, 6:00-Russian River 'tion night @ Toronado

Good luck on the 9th.

I am hoping to hit up a few events. Unfortunately, my mom has cancer, and I am going to spend a week with her, so I am probably going to miss most, if not all, of the beer I had scheduled.

Just got my tickets for the "4 Chefs, 2 Beers, 1 Dinner" event at Bar Tartine for SF Beer Week.

Any chance any other Sufu'rs want to go? We can all sit together at the same table.

I got tickets for the second seating at 9pm.

Info:

4 Chefs, 2 Breweries, 1 Dinner: Magnolia & Dogfish Head

Bar Tartine

561 Valencia Street

San Francisco, CA 94110

Details:

February 8

5:30pm - 12:00am

Admission: $100

Description:

Bar Tartine and Chris Kronner present an evening of food and beer pairings with Magnolia Brewery, Dogfish Head Brewery and fellow Chez Panisse chefs Rusty Packer, Rayneil DeGuzman and Nico Monday. Four courses with select beer pairings. Monday, February 8th.

Two seatings at 6pm and 9pm.

Visit www.tartinebeerweek.eventbrite.com for tickets.

hello thread

had these last night:

Denver+Pale+Ale.jpg

usually i can dig on most great divide selections (especially titan IPA), but the denver pale ale didn't hit me too much. i don't know. fresh and a lot of flavor, but kind of sharp tasting on its own.

conwaysirish_bottleglass-159x300.jpg

haven't had a chance to get through all of great lakes seasonal beers, but this is definitely my favorite thing they make. really thick and flavorful, delivers what's promised (unlike the christmas ale, which seems to vary from serving to serving -- it was good when chilled but awful at a warmer temp) in a malty and dark flavor

Made my wife a 4 course dinner tonight, all courses used beer as an ingredient and paired each course with a different beer.

Main course was served with a special one.. a beer that's produced only for El Bulli (the world's top restaurant [arguably]), the El Bulli Estrella Damm Inedit.

Just doing all this to get ready for SF Beer Week.

02042010039.jpg

02042010042.jpg

^ nice collection,

but unless you're just collecting, most of that stuff does have a shelf life and will not taste near as good as it should when you get to it....

^ nice collection,

but unless you're just collecting, most of that stuff does have a shelf life and will not taste near as good as it should when you get to it....

Most of it doesn't have a "shelf life", actually. The IPAs are all going to be drank soon, everything else is a stout, barleywine, old ale, or sour, all of which can age nicely. The only stuff I'm wanting to drink quickly is the new glarus stuff I got in Wisconsin and the IPAs.

02042010039.jpg

02042010042.jpg

Estrella will forever bear an association for me with the guys selling six packs on Las Ramblas, and the sound of "weed, cocaine, hash??" whispered in a sotto voice.

3791791388_424d40416b.jpg

A friend brought a few of these back to Toronto. Last time I lived in the North West I was an underage nipper, but I'm experiencing some willful nostalgia.

my liquor store is undergoing renovations and doesn't have pabst right now and this is the same price, basically the cheapest non lakeport (shit) cans you can get here... beer in canada is really, really expensive, and really limited as im sure everyone else has covered

SchlitzGenuineGold.jpg