state your beer, drinkers

went with the bear republic racer 5 and hop rod ale to a party. shortly after i had finished those, i tried what people were drinking from the keg. PBR....now that was my first time drinking it but is it supposed to taste like armpits and BO??

Hahaha...

I'll be drinking a Hop Rod at a party tonight myself. I also have a beer brewed with spruce new growth tips to bring.

I also cracked my last Pliny the Elder this afternoon while cooking.

My friends and I had the Alesmith Wee Heavy. It was good. Tasted like a barley wine but with some extra smokiness/roastiness.

Last night, I went with some friend's to Monk's in Philly. The wait was horrible, but the beer selection made the wait less bad. I had Avery's Ale to the Chief and St. Bernardus 12, my friends had the Monk's Sour Ale, St. Bernardus Witbier, Brooklyn Flemish-style Gold Ale, Bell's HopSlam, and Delerium Tremens.

Then we went to Ten Stone where I had Founders Dryhopped Pale Ale and Troeg Dead Reckoning porter. I don't remember what they had though.

The main reason I wanted to go to Monk's was because I had heard they had Pliny the Elder, and it was on their website, but last night when I asked they were out :( Nice beer had last night regardless

My friend and I enjoyed a most magnificent beer this evening, Russian River's Temptation. Unfortunately my camera is dead, but here's a pic of the closed bottle.

DSCF1933.jpg

It had that wonderful Brett flavor executed perfectly, and when you heald it in your mouth and breather in you got a good sense of the chardonnay barrel aging it went through. This was a damn good beer. We paired it with camembert and warm old world sourdough.

I just picked up a six-pack of Rogue Dead Guy Ale, and it is delicious.

I'm a big fan of the following in no particular order.

Asahi

Coopers Pale Ale (Australian Beer)

Tiger

Little Creatures (Australian Beer)

Also my parents make a pretty mean draught and not a bad stout either however I'm still trying to acquire a taste for that one.

Stone Arrogant Bastard with a ridiculously good burrito for lunch. Anyone who likes Arrogant Bastard care to share their feelings on Oak Aged and Double Bastard?

Stone Arrogant Bastard with a ridiculously good burrito for lunch. Anyone who likes Arrogant Bastard care to share their feelings on Oak Aged and Double Bastard?

I haven't had the oaked in a while, but what I do remember about it is do not cook with it. It was nastily bitter. I shared an '06 double bastard with my friend a month or so ago. It was just past it's prime I think. Still great, just a bit over cellared. I am excited that it's getting released this month, I haven't had a fresh one in a while.

i drink most beers/ales , lager has too much gas for me with the excpetion of maybe peroni and turborg

Beer of choice right now is a local scottish beer - innis gunn, its EXTREMELY smokey and definetly an acquired taste

http://www.innisandgunn.com/ check it out.

He heh. Tuborg eh? That's like the Pabst Blue Ribbon of Britain/Ireland. Do you guys get Dutch Gold in Scotland? It's the cheapest beer you can buy in Ireland.....€6 for 8 pint cans. Still expensive as hell by American standards.

I haven't had the oaked in a while, but what I do remember about it is do not cook with it. It was nastily bitter. I shared an '06 double bastard with my friend a month or so ago. It was just past it's prime I think. Still great, just a bit over cellared. I am excited that it's getting released this month, I haven't had a fresh one in a while.

I don't care for Arrogant Bastard much, but I fucking loved the Oaked AB. Had it on tap at their brewery. They were selling 6-packs of it there too.

what's in the fridge at the moment (always changing):

3006510973_d3475c22ae_o.jpg

Fuck I hate Fat Tire. Can someone please explain why it's pretty much the most famous commercialized micro-brew of all time?

Fuck I hate Fat Tire. Can someone please explain why it's pretty much the most famous commercialized micro-brew of all time?

Because its relative mediocrity and lack of any characteristics that could be perceived as overwhelming make it appealing to those who are attracted to the micro-brew aspect, but aren't particularly interested in over the top beers? Or a much more simple answer is that at least in my experience, it is frequently the only micro-brew option at places like 7-11, and I will take Fat Tire over Budweiser or MGD any day.

It's considered a micro-brew? It's common as dirt here (just as cheap too). It's good for when people come over and help themselves to a beer in your fridge. They don't know what anything else is so they reach for that, leaving everything else for you.

I am not a fan of the Oaked Arrogant bastard. Bought a 6 pack once, never tempted to try it again. I love the regular AB. The oaked kind of takes the edge off, but doesn't add anything to the beer. AB is kind of like 60 minute with a lot more bitter, it isn't interesting enough when you take away the bite. Double Bastard is fantastic.

As of late:

A new IPA for me. Not bad. Very floral. I think Pliny ruined IPAs for me.

IMG_1926.jpg

I was not a fan of this. It was like a barleywine, but it had a slightly more hoppy aroma. I think I would have liked it if it wasn't promising to be a double pale.

IMG_1930.jpg

This was great. A very fruity and aromatic dubbel

IMG_1941.jpg

This is a favorite of mine. I loves me a good tripel

IMG_1943.jpg

Tonight's first sampling: This was a good ass muthafuckin barleywine. It was spicy, luscious, and sweet, with enough hops and spice flavor to balance it out.

IMG_1956.jpg

Tonight we're doing a food pairing with some Cantillon vintage and Dogfish Head Midas Touch. More pics to come...