state your beer, drinkers

Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat

Its like a blueberry muffin.

we actually have a keg of this left over at my bar from the summer. we only have beer taps on the patios, which are probably closed for the winter now, so it looks like i'm lucking out with an entire keg of the stuff.

denver sufu party; sponsored by leinenkugel.

Stumbled upon Erdinger Weizen Bock the other night...I enjoyed it very much and will be seeking out more soon.

just got home from dinner at the pub and was finally able to try the Stone-Alesmith-Mikkeler collab Tripel (great stuff) as well as a pint of Russian River Pliny the Elder

figure i'd get some good beer in me before going to a kegger tonight...

Good stuff on this page. I'm interested in that S-A-M triple collaboration beer and those Japanese "best beers in the world".

As of late:

Tried another Sierra Nevada wet hop harvest ale. I did not like this as much as the Southern Hemisphere one, surprisingly to me. This one was less IPAish. I do not like their pale ale at all, and this one tasted like that with a bit of extra hoppiness. Not bad, but not amazing.

DSCF1881.jpg

This is not a beer, but it'll go fine here anyways. This is a mead created at a meadery where I go to school, bottled 10 years ago. For those that have never tried it, it is quite interesting. For me it was initially like a very buttery white wine mixed with a light beer, maybe a pils. The aftertaste, however, was that of a tawny port, lots of spice, oakiness, and vanilla.

DSCF1873.jpg

bdawg you can get those japanese beers @ bevmo or atleast here in sd you can. also if you need some bottles of the stone x alesmith x mikellar, shoot me a pm. just picked up another 10 bottles.

P1060858.jpg

this beer is too damn good to be a 12oz.

Yo renski thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it, but shipping costs are probably gonna be a bitch right? The stores up here usually get everything from Stone, do you know anything about the distribution for it?

In other news, I just tried this barrel aged beer at a local brewery the other day. It's called Jacob Marley's ghost, by 6 Rivers brewery. It was pretty amazing, but I can't seem to find any info on it online (and the waitress was clueless about it). I also am sick, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I should've. Think wonderful American strong ale cellared to perfection with woody vanilla-y hints from the barrels, and a velvety rich texture. Mmmmmmm...

Yo renski thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it, but shipping costs are probably gonna be a bitch right? The stores up here usually get everything from Stone, do you know anything about the distribution for it?

In other news, I just tried this barrel aged beer at a local brewery the other day. It's called Jacob Marley's ghost, by 6 Rivers brewery. It was pretty amazing, but I can't seem to find any info on it online (and the waitress was clueless about it). I also am sick, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I should've. Think wonderful American strong ale cellared to perfection with woody vanilla-y hints from the barrels, and a velvety rich texture. Mmmmmmm...

from what the stone rep told me..no distro for them and only available @ stone (atleast so far). when i went to alesmith, they told me they havent even received any bottles yet.

i felt inspired by this thread so i went and picked up 2 six packs.. theres a horrible beer selection in my town, so i couldnt really find anything talked about in this thread, so i went with 2 random new ones.

first was abita purple haze

purplehazeeezz1.png

second was sweetwater 420 pale ale

sweetwateruc1.png

the purple haze was very smooth and had a slight raspberry taste to it, but it was too light for my taste so i gave them to my girlfriend.

the sweet water 420 was pretty amazing though, it had a light crisp hop flavor, lemon zest, and a touch of spicy malt. im not sure if the "420" reference has anything to do with marijuana, but thats what initially attracted me to it lol.

^i'm pretty sure i've had that before, but it must have been awhile ago as i can't remember any specifics about it. if you ever see their scottish ale (comes in 4-packs) get it

sunday morning i was given the most pleasantly surprising wake-up call of my life: a couple of my coworkers/friends happened to be at Stone brewery and wanted to know if they should pick me up anything. so of course i said yes; they got me a couple bottles of the s-a-m collab as well as a bomber of the 11th anniversary. currently drinking a collab, 11th is up next!

I'm going home for the weekend which means good beer is about to happen. In addition to a visit to Russian River, I'll be going to City Beer Store in SF. Here is their beer list: http://www.citybeerstore.com/beer-store/beers . I am interested in trying Lost Abbey, Alesmith, and Pizza Port beers (I have some friends from SD here who always make me jealous). Can anyone recommend beers by these breweries to try that are on that list, particularly of the stout/IPA/tripel persuasion?

I recently visited the dogfishead brewery in Milton DE. They were selling 4 packs of their 120 min IPA and raisin D'extra (which are incredibly hard to come by near me). They also had a really neat beer called Midas' touch - which is brewed on a recipe found in King Midas's tomb dating back to 1200BC. It has hints of honey and grape, really good stuff. They say you can age them up to 10 years due to the high alcohol content. I love those three and I highly recommend.

If you do manage to find 120 in the liquor store they are typically sold in single 12 oz bottles for about 10$. The brewery was selling a 4 pack (of the 120 and extra) for $30.I think the midas touch was $12 or so.

:D

yea, ive been wanting to try that dogfish head! i cant find any in my area though, theres a couple of their 120min ipas on ebay right now. id love to try one at 20% alcohol :eek:

oh and nice quote

A few nights ago I had Lagunitas' cappuccino stout out of a Strauss cream pint bottle, which I later enjoyed an Old Rasputin from (I had to do it), delicious (I'll be paying them a visit tomorrow on my way to the Bay Area after hitting up Russian River for a growler of Pliny)

DSCF1890.jpg

Tonight I enjoyed Stone's bitter chocolate oatmeal stout paired with butternut squash risotto.

DSCF1891.jpg

DSCF1897.jpg

Beer tasting session.. Yuba City, CA... This Wednesday..

Cotton Duck

Sidney Lo

Kiya

and more..

I'm going home for the weekend which means good beer is about to happen. In addition to a visit to Russian River, I'll be going to City Beer Store in SF. Here is their beer list: http://www.citybeerstore.com/beer-store/beers . I am interested in trying Lost Abbey, Alesmith, and Pizza Port beers (I have some friends from SD here who always make me jealous). Can anyone recommend beers by these breweries to try that are on that list, particularly of the stout/IPA/tripel persuasion?

Some of the Alesmith is good. ive been searching for the 06 Decadence which is a must from what everyone says. i have a bottle of their 06 grand cru which i thought was great though a bit sweet for me. if you find it on tap, evil dead red was awesome as well.

picked up a 4-pack of Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron at the package store during my lunch break, can't wait til i get to go home and drink 'em!

if you like brown ales, i would recommend you to go out of your way to procure some of this stuff