state your beer, drinkers

^^ huge beer. i dont remember much about it except that it was huge lol

its been a while. - i still have the bottle somewhere :)

edit: i had the Nocturnum. not the tremens...

Killing a 6 pack of Fat tire tonight when i should be studying for a final, fuck it. Not the most exotic but a good solid beer.

On a side note anybody had this? One of my favorites.

2Delirium%20Tremens%20Mirror.jpg

love delirium. anyone remember delirium millennium when it first uh, dropped. that was some godly shit.

Any New Yorkers here fuck w/ the Brooklyn Brewery tour? It's out in the 'Burg, and consists of a 20 minute tour of the factory, after which they release you to the drinking room where you can buy beer tokens for about 10 BK Brewery beers on tap. I've been to the brewery about 3 or 4 times and have yet to go on the actual tour, only the drankin room.

Any New Yorkers here fuck w/ the Brooklyn Brewery tour? It's out in the 'Burg, and consists of a 20 minute tour of the factory, after which they release you to the drinking room where you can buy beer tokens for about 10 BK Brewery beers on tap. I've been to the brewery about 3 or 4 times and have yet to go on the actual tour, only the drankin room.

all my roomies have gone, but i haven't. I've heard its nothing special and they charge like 5-6$ for a 10oz plastic cup of beer. kinda almost interested.

had a couple of pints of schneider weisse over the weekend, picking up some rolling rock because its the tastiest cheap-o beer out there.

i love rolling rock.

my only experience with that was at pint night at a bar in town where i think the keg must've been bad or something. It only cost $1, but I would've paid a dollar to not drink it.

In other news, another 4 pack of Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout tonight, followed by "The Challenge" tomorrow...

got to try the stone cali-belgique after a few bear republic racer 5s. now im not sure if its because i had a few beers before the stone or it was the constant IPA binge, but the belgique tasted similar to their 08.08.08 epic. anyone elses thoughts?

From the descriptions, they sounded similar to me. Epic was a hopped up strong Belgian, the Cali is an IPA with Belgian yeast. My friends decided to try them both and see how they compare. I will say though that other beers definitely affect the taste of others. After a double IPA one of my favorite regular IPAs tasted pretty bland, for example.

just got back from stone brewery. they had some 06 double bastard on tap which tasted damn great. saw some new stuff there and had to pick up a few bottles of the stone x alesmith x mikkeller belgium tripel. might have to make another trip tomorrow just to have some to sit on.

Finally one of the stores up here got the latest Reserve Series beer from Oregon's Deschutes Brewery, The Dissident. It's a Flanders style old brown ale. Brewed with the crazy wild yeast Brettanomyces and cherries, it had to be handled in separate facilities so as not to contaminate their brewery with the wild yeast. I have yet to try it, but I'm excited

DSCF1841.jpg

This is pretty good stuff. It uses freshly harvested (1 week from vine to wort) hops from New Zealand. I would compare it flavor wise to a pretty good double IPA.

DSCF1843.jpg

Sorry about the blurry pictures.

Here She is, The Dissident.

DSCF1846.jpg

A luscious texture, an amber to rich mahogany color, a very different taste. Take the magnificent mouth feel of Pliny, add a hint of geuze, and some magnificent old ale and there you have it. This will be a great cellared beer.

Just made plans to visit the Russian River brewery on Monday afternoon..

Cannot wait. I think Vinny might show us around the brewery and break out some personal stuff for us to taste, my taste buds are awaiting this experience...

Just made plans to visit the Russian River brewery on Monday afternoon..

Cannot wait. I think Vinny might show us around the brewery and break out some personal stuff for us to taste, my taste buds are awaiting this experience...

tellem to get that shit out to nyc somehow. tellem anotherroom in nyc needs that shit.

btw kiya, have you been to anotherroom when youve been out here?