state your beer, drinkers

I wish! The Northern California Stone rep had a keg of Ruination and 12th anniversary stolen before they got there so they just had pale ale and the Bastard :( North Coast brewing won my heart over with nitrogened imperial Russian stout and their super delicious Old Stock. A brewery there also had a randall pumping out a superhopped beast called Hop Whompus. Mmmmmm...

...North Coast brewing won my heart over with nitrogened imperial Russian stout ...

Old Rasputin? I've had that before and it's a personal favorite, plus if you've ever seen the bottle it's short, squat and just sinister as hell

Old Rasputin? I've had that before and it's a personal favorite, plus if you've ever seen the bottle it's short, squat and just sinister as hell

Yup, Old Rasputin. It's delicious, but you have to find a way to have it on tap with nitrogen. Superb.

Damn... Lock up your stone collection boys! Shits getting serious, haha

Honestly, beer's really getting blown out. The Vertical Epic was a bitch to find in the Bay Area (Of course it showed up here in Humboldt for $1 cheaper a bottle a couple weeks later).

Yesterday i took Onemancult to Toronado, Zeitgeist, then Benders.

All in a matter of 3 hours.

Beer heaven it was.

At the upcoming Flat Head party we will be serving 21st Amendment's new Hell or High Watermelon Wheat and Brew Free! or Die IPA.

Both available now in cans and brewed down the street at 21A.

lurker here, this is my official first post.

sam smith oatmeal stout, yum

stone smoked porter, yum

anything brewed by my friend jess, she is like a magical beer pixie

anderson valley boont amber ale

new belgium abbey ale

or if i have to drink plebeian beer: guinness

pyramid hef

corona (only with burritos)

PBR (if it has to be from a can)

steel reserve. i only include this because my friend once wrote a poem that was an ode to steel reserve. it began, "what makes me sway, what makes me swerve..."

Some shots i just took with my camerphone...

Partial cellared collection, one case of every Vertical Epic (only three bottles of 020202), including full cases of every Russian River limited release, anything HST related, Barley Wine from every year since 2001 from Stone, Avery, etc.. and more:

unknown-1.jpg

Ballin:

08272008002.jpg

All this is inside a walk-in vault from a bank that closed down in 1935, two floors below street level:

08272008003.jpg

local offy got some Unertl Mühldorfer Weissbier in: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3694/43254 Nice enough but pretty simillar to other wheat beers apart from the murky rusty colouration. Schneider Weisse is very close to it, but nicer.

Got a couple of British beers for the weekend; Red Rock trad bitter http://www.redrockbrewery.co.uk/Beers.htm and a bottle of ltd ed (bottle 241 of 500 apparently) Habit-u-ale from a brewery called Naylors - it has a photo of an ugly bloke on the front who according to the lable won a competition - it's supposed to be Trappist style so I hope it isn't sweet and horrible. I'm looking forward to them, but I'm pretty jealous of the large number of lovely looking American beers that will never make it over to these fine shores

All this is inside a walk-in vault from a bank that closed down in 1935, two floors below street level:

08272008003.jpg

That's pretty dope Kiya.

A couple pics of the family bar/cellar (cross posted from WAYET):

bgpogi.jpg

(only half of it: other half is behind me in the pic; alot more full since then as well)

1z6e2vb.jpg

At the local beer bar the other night i had Weihenstephaner Kristall which was pretty solid for a lighter wheat beer.

I also had this

Hitachino Nest Espresso Stout

747hitachinostout.jpg

Never had anything by this brewery before and I was gonna just get an Old Rasputin (a common beer i get at this bar since it's on draft and delicious) but tried this instead. I liked it but the espresso flavor was a bit overwhelming for me. I like the more subtle, complex coffee and cocoa notes in old rasputin better.

Just had dinner with the CEO of Stone Brewing and the BrewMaster of Marin Brewing tonight.. Mad beer-talk took place..

Beer x Denim shit is gonna go down.

Bruce Patton's "Beer Chef Dinner" is not to be missed if you're into beer or fine dining..

England: Awesome.

Chrono: Old Rasputin is delish

Kiya: Beer x denim sounds magnificent... loopwheeled Toronado/Stone/Russian River x SE shirts?

Edit: Or jeanz w/beer on the patch and a free can of Self Edge x denim company x Stone IRS/Marin Old Dipsea?

Some catching up from the past week or so:

Decent, not the best brown ale I've had, not the worst

DSCF1679.jpg

One of my favorites, last year's winter seasonal release (I just tried the first run for this year and it didn't disappoint). The aroma showed the age, but in a nice way. A sweet, warming, rich beer.

DSCF1681.jpg

A home brew I made with a friend. Nice wheaty flavor with an unprecedented magnificent fruity nose.

DSCF1682.jpg

This was a great barleywine. The alcohol was nicely covered by licorice, chocolate, and malty goodness, but got to be a bit much as it warmed up.

DSCF1689.jpg

Smoky. Roasty. Great with a nice burger.

DSCF1690.jpg

This somehow nicely incorporated a hint of malt vinegar with it's sweet dark overall palate

DSCF1691.jpg

Closest thing I've had to Pliny the Elder, and since we don't have it up here, it will do nicely. Thick resiny mouth feel, mega hopped up flavor and aroma, nice thick head.

DSCF1692.jpg

This rye IPA is one of my faves, but it was a mistake to drink after the Moylander. The texture and flavor didn't match up. They are different beers, but the Moylander just took over for the day.

DSCF1693.jpg