Meat Grinder

state your beer, drinkers

finally got some of the watermelon dorado and sadly i'm not all that impressed. i'm not sure i'd be able to identify the flavor as watermelon if i didn't know already. it tastes sort of strange and artificial and does seem a little overpowering to me but does mask the more stiff taste dorado has compared to sculpin.

prob said it before but oasis meta modern is the best "session ipa" i've ever had.

i was in nyc this past weekend and went to other half on saturday afternoon for a couple releases. i got several 4-packs of citra and make it rain (their collab with barrier). other half ipas are some of the best i've tried in a while.

i think i keep getting slow ride instead of meta modern. meta modern is the purple one...i vaguely recall.

tried some beer from fredericksburg at WF this weekend. ok. they were lagers. i guess black lagers are pretty big now.

i like sours but not gose. got "southern hopsitality". not good. i saw a JK called SIMPLE and figlet. didn't get it but i figured it wasn't worth the time and $ anyway. 

yes, i do agree with the discussion on IPAs. most of them now taste more or less the same. 

also, got a tallboy of molotov lite by evil twin. we'll see.

Edited by herpsky

^ yeah meta modern is the purple one.

JK is putting out so many garbage beers but no one really cares cuz they're still gonna go nuts for the fruited sours. Simple Means is a smoked altbier... mehhh. And that latest autumnal dichotomous with satsuma zest and cinnamon sticks was so bad... insanely bitter and undrinkable. i poured basically all of it down the drain.

Had this a few weeks ago.

12715503_10102943656246144_5132589696211

Color was ridiculous.

^ yeah meta modern is the purple one.

JK is putting out so many garbage beers but no one really cares cuz they're still gonna go nuts for the fruited sours. Simple Means is a smoked altbier... mehhh. And that latest autumnal dichotomous with satsuma zest and cinnamon sticks was so bad... insanely bitter and undrinkable. i poured basically all of it down the drain.

ive been all about foudreweizen... they need to make more of that 

whole foods beer sale today. picked up some pizza port swami's ipa that was canned two days ago. good stuff.

Revision was started by the previous master brewer for Knee Deep, and Dr. Lupulin tastes a whole lot like Knee Deep's Simtra triple IPA. Really like it.

35690163526_347ef7fd44_b.jpg