state your beer, drinkers

I think Weyerbacher takes the cake when it comes to bad labels.

Picked this up last night when I saw it at Blind Tiger:

tumblr_lya758E4CI1qjuprfo1_500.png

Hill Farmstead Fear & Trembling Bourbon/Cabernet blend. Tasted like bacon and dark fruits soaked in bourbon. Was pretty pleasant.

Not sure. I think they're out of Irvine, but I found it at a Sprouts in SD. Enjoying this right now...

yellowtail.jpg

BP is a SD brewery/distillery in scripps and linda vista area. I agree on the labels too. I dislike them but not as much as stones. I also hate russian rivers use of comic sans on their labels.

Where'd you get the Firestone 15? I got one bottle from Good Beer to make sure I got to try it, but it was $25 and I figured I can find more cheaper elsewhere. Also, if you look around you'll see Sorachi for $8.99 in a lot of places.

Some unexpected surprises I've gotten in the last two days:

tumblr_lyf1klbDA11qjuprfo1_500.png

tumblr_lyhr8svixF1qjuprfo1_500.png

First time having Hopslam. Can't believe this stuff is so highly rated.. it just tasted sweet and syrupy.

Edited by shufon

City Beer Store

tumblr_lx9nnf8odM1r75vtro2_500.jpg

The Abyss 2010

tumblr_lx9nnf8odM1r75vtro1_500.jpg

La Trappe Cafe - Burg+Affligem Noel

tumblr_lx9o62V0EN1r75vtro1_500.jpg

Edited by dranoelsy

It was. Goose Island didn't wash the barrels used for Rare, stuck a barleywine in them, and out came King Henry.. it smells like a bourbon barrel stout with more dark fruit characteristics. Tons of toffee, vanilla, hints of oak, lots of fig, raisin, etc (but no vinous characteristics thankfully). Tastes the same, but with this sugary sweet Blowpop bubblegum thing going on. Aftertaste is all toffee/candied sugar with a little bitterness that lingers forever. And for 13.4% it's way too drinkable.

My review makes it sound awesome, I know, but I guess I just expected to be more blown away by what everybody is calling the "Beer of 2011".

Edited by shufon

6848927635_1283f6109f_b.jpg

some interesting pickup today

Slumbrew (a local Somerville brewery) debuted an Imperial Cream Ale. Didn't really like it but their IPA and porter was really good.

Six Point Resin - hear good things

Porticus Leipziger Doppel-Porter - should be an interesting taste

and

Mystic Cabernet Suavignon Barrel Fermented Saison - Mystic's another local brewery and this cabernet barrel fermented beer is very new addition that I'm excited to try

Went to Bear Republic while driving through Healdsburg, none of their special offerings did anything for me but I always like their standards.

10cufsk.jpg

Also picked up some Leffe Brune recently, but I've been on an all-IPA diet so I don't have anything intelligent to say about it.