state your beer, drinkers

Whow..

After seeing the title of this thread for i don't know how long i just clicked it for the first time... Some decent stuff in here.

I'm a huge beer geek, am an avid Beer Advocate user, and help run the biggest beer club in California out of San Francisco... I fucking LOVE beer.

Jeff, i'll bring some interesting things to drink in a few weeks...

I just had a bottle of Scaldis' Prestige (aka Bush Prestige...), amazing stuff but hard to swallow at $35 a bottle.

beer club? what does that entail....hehe

It's simple.. You give us your credit card info and a contact number.

Once a month you receive a call saying your beer is ready to be picked up.

The monthly charge runs between $20 and $27depending on what you're getting that month. You may get two six-packs, one six pack and two 22oz bottles, or maybe you might just get one extremely rare 750ml or two pricey 22oz bottles.

Regardless, chances that you've ever even heard of what you're going to get are next to zero. With your monthly set of beers you'll also get a sheet of paper with a full write up done by us of each of the beers (history, flavor profiles, etc..).

We also get together once or twice a year and geek out over beer and get wasted...

^Thats pretty fucking awesome dude. My sister signed me up for the Ale in the Mail beer club this Christmas. So far so good.

Mostly all the interesting things I try are thanks to the fact that my buddy owns a beer distributor and has a fascination with local micros.

^You're closing yourself off to a whole world of incredible beer with that mindset. Its like saying I don't like pesto. Theres just too many varieties to write off a whole category.

Also @Kiya... has your beer club ever considered going national and shipping? I'd certainly be willing to throw you guys my credit card and pay like 30-37 a month to cover shipping.

^You're closing yourself off to a whole world of incredible beer with that mindset. Its like saying I don't like pesto. Theres just too many varieties to write off a whole category.

Ok, let me retract that other statement. What I meant to say is that I have not had a beer in the 14%+ category that I've enjoyed. This does not keep me from trying new ones (there aren't too many to begin with).

• 2 weeks later...

I've only been to NY a handful of times, but I've been to a good amount of beer bars. These seem to have great selections -

Ginger Man has 66 beers on tap:

http://www.gingerman-ny.com/

Stout has a ton of good beers, as well as Young's Chocolate Stout on tap:

http://www.stoutnyc.com/menu.html

We have an "Otheroom" in LA as well, but the original is in NYC; they have over 100 beers at the one here. A more upscale/expensive type of bar, however....

http://www.theotheroom.com/room.html

if you ever hit up san francisco area make sure to check out 99 bottles of beer on the wall in santa cruz because it has 99 beers on tap :D~~~

If you're anywhere near SF you need to hit up Toronado, in my opinion the best place to drink beer in North America.

No other bar in NA has a better selection of impossible to find beers on tap and in bottles.

http://www.toronado.com/

I wouldn't go by the list of what's on their site, you have to come in and see what they've actually got, it's jaw-droppingly insane.

Definitely dude. What are the great beer bars in NYC?

I prefer smaller bars with interesting selections and good atmosphere to the huge ones with 60 beers on tap. I'm only interested in very few kinds of beer so I don't really give a shit how many pumpkin or blubbery ales they have.

I only go to 3-4 beer bars in ny so I rather not make them any more popular than they already are. Trust me, when it comes to getting a drink in the city I'm a pretty good guide.

I'm stoked for the march beer tour... and Kiya any thoughts about my shipping idea?

I'm checking with our Beer Club accounting guy to see if it's possible.

totally epic, where do you study up on beers? You seem to always post up some intresting looking bottles...

Honestly, I just buy whatever looks/sounds interesting at the stores/bars, and developed my taste over time. But yeah, Beeradvocate can be good, although I disagree with a lot of the reviews on there.

Speaking of interesting bottles, one of my favorite beer labels (it's so metal):

29kv29j.jpg