state your beer, drinkers

good man. it's like french bud lite, i can't get enough of the stuff.

french bud light? that sounds like the least appetizing beer ever. As for pale ales... they're a dime a dozen. Find a local brewery/brew pub and try a small batch one.

Tried the Brooklyn Oktoberfest at the bar last night, nice and smooth, liked it a lot, much better than Harpoon Oktoberfest which had a weird aftertaste that I wasnt too fond of. Other than Oktoberfests, I'll usually just stick with Guinness or Smithwicks in the Fall/Winter.

Hitachino beer

http://www.kodawari.cc/engpage/kodawari/html/hitachino.htm

theres a cool restaurant in SF's mission district that always has beers i dont really see anywhere else, last couple times i went i tried the Japanese brewed Hitachino red rice ale and the white ale. The red rice ale was especially delicious. try it if you get a chance. btw, the restaurant is called Spork, on Valencia a few blocks down from Self Edge. try their inside-out burger.

you can get hitachino at quite a few places. Last time I had it was a Momofuku in NYC. Although I've been a huge fan of Fat Tire in the past, I'm a bit tired of it. New Belgium's seasonal brews are always fun though. There two degrees below zero that they release during winter is awesome.

Am I the only one that thinks stella is overrated?

for some reason i like stella out of the bottle WAY more than on tap, i really appreciate that skunky taste

and have any canadians tried rickards white? its pretty beautiful actually, i dont get down with putting oranges in my beer but its so soft, its like a desert beer

and have any canadians tried rickards white? its pretty beautiful actually, i dont get down with putting oranges in my beer but its so soft, its like a desert beer

Ya the Rickards white actually isn't too bad. I've tried drinking a 12 of it and it just wasn't happening though. To me it's more of a have-a-few-pints-on-a-sunny-patio type beer than pounding back a 12 out the bottle beer. Plus it really seems to taste better on draught.

And yes I did have an orange slice with it (no homo)

all about the pink elephants. all year.

DT is a good fall beer--everywhere I went this summer people were pouring Belgians but they seem easier to enjoy when you're not trying to gulp them down for refreshment.

Carl, good call on Dead Guy. Had one last week on a cooler evening--it was perfect.

the_state, if you want a step up IPA from Sierra Nevada, try thorns' recommendation, Dogfish Head 60-minute IPA. It's very hoppy, but a fantastic beer and widely available (at least on the east coast).

My beer pick for this fall would probably be Sam Adams Boston Ale (not lager). Beer snobs may scoff at a Sam brew, but that stuff is creamily delicious. I'm done with white beers for awhile, and I can't drink more than one of any of the pumpkin beers.

Augustiner.jpg

Munich gets it done right

I also love Hazed and Infused from Boulder Beer... this brew is probably in my top 5 of all time

so hoppy..... so delicious....

all of you IPA lovers should check this stuff out!

beer_5.jpg

p.s. stella gets a lot of flack around here for being a "hipster" beer, but I still love it. I wouldn't wish PBR aka the cheez-it beer on my worst enemy.... (which is the real hipster brew of choice)

I also love Hazed and Infused from Boulder Beer... this brew is probably in my top 5 of all time

so hoppy..... so delicious....

all of you IPA lovers should check this stuff out!

beer_5.jpg

great fuckin choice man, hazed is the shit. i live in boulder, and i have to say that boulder beer is one of the more disappointing microbreweries in colorado, with the exception of hazed and infused and the mojo risin double IPA. we have so many fuckin microbrews in CO that its really hard choosing.

my favorites right now:

ipaleft.jpg

EOTH121206A.jpg

ANNNNNNND

6894.jpg

this year the best pumpkin beer is cottonwood closely followed by dogfish head with the worst being shipyard

magic hat's night of the living dead '07 mystery beer is an amazing belgian dubbel that is perfect for fall and is relatively easy to find esp. on the east coast

the st. george brewing co. has a smooth fall bock that is worth tracking down but this year it won't be released until Oct. 1st

I must be the only person in the world who loves this shit, but this beer called McEwan's from Scotland is my absolute favorite. The darkest beer you've ever seen, strong (8%), but with a nice sweet flavor, not too much bitter... really great with salty foods.

Otherwise, Guinness, but you'd be surprisee how many pubs don't carry it around here. Then I step down to Sleeman's Honey Brown Ale which is nice for an everyday regular beer.

If all they've got is shit beers, I'll take a Kokanee please. Failing that... I guess I could force down a Corona.