state your beer, drinkers

• 3 weeks later...

yeah not sure they're out (or even if they will be) but I know they will be available via tickets during a "tour" of the beer, although the tickets are sold out already:

http://www.creaturecomfortsbeer.com/calendar/2015/9/12/see-the-stars-bottle-release-tour

So I talked to a friend of mine whose a big fan of creature comforts and the hype surrounding this release is insane. Apparently non Georgians were snapping up tickets and offering them to locals who would send 1 of the bottles and a glass. Sorry but I doubt you'll get a bottle. 😊

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

a bit more subtle than the grapefruit, but definitely tasty. really want to try the watermelon dorado.

it's a good beer but can't believe a sixer is like 15+ dollars. 

kinda tired of jester king now. i just drink yellow rose (if it's available), live oak hefe, or evil twin. 

evil twin vvv good

Had a pint of pineapple sculpin on tap on my lunch break a few times this week it's a solid IPA. Lots of great beer coming through recently, need to stop through for a flight.

Evil Twin is always good - you prefer their huge dark beers or the IPAs? You ever tried Stillwater Artisinal?

i've never even heard of stillwater. i haven't tried the darker beers by evil twin. i'm a fan of session beers with interesting background tastes. there's one evil twin one that comes in a four-pack with a yellow package. it's some sort of session IPA. that one is very good. 

i do miss terrapin though.

It's probably the Evil Twin Falco - however they're mostly know for big ABV stouts - usually 11 or 12%.

As far as Terrapin goes... I'm loving the "Liquid Bliss". It's a chocolate peanut butter porter. If you guys haven't tried these peanut butter beers I can't recommend enough. If it doesn't sound like it would work, it somehow does and the results are quite tasty.

You said you like session beers, not sure if we've discussed here before or not - do you like saisons and goses (or other sours)? Been really digging these styles in the past year.

I had Russian River Consecration about a year ago and that got me hooked on sours. I crave it from time to time

I think the Almanac Farmers Reserve sours all sorta taste similar? Or my palate isn't developed enough ... 

Fantome printemps was also a really memorable saison I had in the last year. Nothing quite like it, really

I've been moving away from IPAs as of late, as I can't find many with that much complexity aside from pine, hops

Also, in terms of flavored Sculpins, maybe I'm the only one that likes Habanero? I couldn't drink a sixer of it in one sitting, but I find it at least interesting. To me, Pineapple just smells like pineapple and has a faint pineapple aftertaste and grapefruit is a little too artificial.

Edited by BRICK DOM

^thats so funny because I took a pic of this bc of the artwork.

33dhyqa.jpg

Over at glaze. Because they have donuts (Dynamo donuts!) and beer :).

nice. sounds like a place i'd like to try. love the grapefruit. still haven't tried the habanero sculpin yet. i've heard people pretty much have had enough of it after 1 beer, so i don't feel like buying a whole six pack. still waiting for my whole foods to get the watermelon dorado. apparently bevmo got their shipment of it and pliny the elder somehow.

really liking this

tumblr_meiq88NAJS1r88g5fo1_500.jpg

Edited by Rob060

i've never even heard of stillwater. i haven't tried the darker beers by evil twin. i'm a fan of session beers with interesting background tastes. there's one evil twin one that comes in a four-pack with a yellow package. it's some sort of session IPA. that one is very good. 

i do miss terrapin though.

prob said it before but oasis meta modern is the best "session ipa" i've ever had.

i was in nyc this past weekend and went to other half on saturday afternoon for a couple releases. i got several 4-packs of citra and make it rain (their collab with barrier). other half ipas are some of the best i've tried in a while.

Wicked Weed and Foothills are making their way into Georgia. Stopping through Asheville, NC in next month or so, going to make a run and get whatever goodies I can find that don't get distribution here normally. 

thoughts?

Athena Paradiso is great - but this beer is right up my alley. Got a 2nd 4 pack and still sitting on 7 cans, going to try and stretch these out a bit.

Watermelon Dorado - great DIPA and not at all what I expected by the negative reviews. I found the flavor subtle but noticeable, and true to form with Ballast Point, the flavors were there but it was still very much a big IPA. The watermelon doesn't even come close to overpower the hop notes and the finish is really bitter and dry. Definitely recommend it!

• 2 weeks later...

finally got some of the watermelon dorado and sadly i'm not all that impressed. i'm not sure i'd be able to identify the flavor as watermelon if i didn't know already. it tastes sort of strange and artificial and does seem a little overpowering to me but does mask the more stiff taste dorado has compared to sculpin.

prob said it before but oasis meta modern is the best "session ipa" i've ever had.

i was in nyc this past weekend and went to other half on saturday afternoon for a couple releases. i got several 4-packs of citra and make it rain (their collab with barrier). other half ipas are some of the best i've tried in a while.

i think i keep getting slow ride instead of meta modern. meta modern is the purple one...i vaguely recall.

tried some beer from fredericksburg at WF this weekend. ok. they were lagers. i guess black lagers are pretty big now.

i like sours but not gose. got "southern hopsitality". not good. i saw a JK called SIMPLE and figlet. didn't get it but i figured it wasn't worth the time and $ anyway. 

yes, i do agree with the discussion on IPAs. most of them now taste more or less the same. 

also, got a tallboy of molotov lite by evil twin. we'll see.

Edited by herpsky

^ yeah meta modern is the purple one.

JK is putting out so many garbage beers but no one really cares cuz they're still gonna go nuts for the fruited sours. Simple Means is a smoked altbier... mehhh. And that latest autumnal dichotomous with satsuma zest and cinnamon sticks was so bad... insanely bitter and undrinkable. i poured basically all of it down the drain.