state your beer, drinkers

There's a local specialty beer store gets Sculpin in cans. All the grocery stores including whole foods gets the bottles.

I don't think there's any scientific basis and it's all placebo but just about any craft beer I've had tasted better in cans (talking about those that have glass bottle counterparts).

I guess you get lower temp with canned beer? i'm having greenflash mosaic session now because someone recommended. FML. should have gotten hops and grain. 

everything tastes better from a can.  even soda.  i take the can over bottle of anything any day.

edit: unless you're aging it/aged stuff.  but that stuff never comes canned.

Edited by TPR950H

If you get the chance, try Death and Taxes. Yummy stuff, though only on tap in the SF Bay area. I never get tired of it.

Picked up another growler of Victory Kirsch Gose, a cherry gose (sour, salty ale) that is one of my all time favorite beers since first tasting it about a month ago. If you have not tried gose I highly recommend it.

^ real ale gose is all over the place, boulevard hibiscus gose gets distributed to TX when it's available.

diff style but redbud from independence brewing is a great beer for our summers.  it's labeled as a Berliner weisse but it's def more tart than your standard BW

I'm all over that oasis meta modern ipa lately... it's so light and delicious.

This week's growler fill is Orpheus Transmigration of Souls, a local DIPA clocking in at 10% - pretty damn good, very drinkable for such a high ABV.

Also got a big growler of Red Hare Root Beer (also local to ATL).

Has anyone had Not Your Father's Root Beer? Alcoholic root beer @ 5.9% - sooooooo good.

Other recent beers I've had that were really good:

Stone Delicious IPA

Creature Comforts Athena (Berliner Weisse)

Does anyone have recommendations for lesser known Belgians? I'm currently in Antwerp and am enjoying all the widely available ones (Westmalle Tripel, Chimay, Rochefort, Hoegaarden Grand Cru, etc) but am also keen to try out some rarities.

I tend to prefer strong hoppy beers, but will try anything.

Had a 3 oz pour of Terrapin liquid lunch pb&j porter yesterday.

Also had Stone Ruination 2.0, founders devil dancer, and Allegash session Brett. Took a growler of creature comforts tropicalia.

Going to Brick Store Pub this afternoon, gonna get some sours hopefully.