state your beer, drinkers

Heading over to Austin tomorrow and planning on hitting Jester King before the Sleep concert.  Shoot me a message if anyone plans on being that way.

May also go to the ABW anniversary part on Saturday if my buddy comes through with an extra ticket.

Edited by Layne

Heading over to Austin tomorrow and planning on hitting Jester King before the Sleep concert.  Shoot me a message if anyone plans on being that way.

May also go to the ABW anniversary part on Saturday if my buddy comes through with an extra ticket.

I'm in town on Saturday. Got no specific plans but I was gonna go to the high-end audio store in the east side, go to flattrack and that little zine store, whichcraft, and etc. I won't be in town tomorrow though. wish i could hit up that dopwsmoker.

Edited by herpsky

you don't want a sixer of habanero sculpin... trust me

yea, i got some opinions from my friends who had tried it and they all basically said that. i'm not that into spicy food that'd i'd want a spicy drink, especially a beer.

grapefruit on the other hand is one of my favorites.

some more pliny the elder finally came in, so i picked up some of that for tonight. the guy ahead of me in line was getting some grapefruit sculpin and pliny and the bagger dropped one of his pliny bottles. through some sort of divine miracle, baby jesus smiled upon that bottle and it landed on the guy's foot before hitting the ground and stayed intact.

Edited by Rob060

For anyone in OC, Bruery has their anniversary month going on, worth checking out even if you aren't a reserve member.  2014 Black Tuesday is on sale to the public right now.

Damn.  Only selling things at their storefront I imagine?

This weeks growler fills:

Anderson Valley - The Kimmie, the Yink, and the Holy Gose - going to session on this either today or tomorrow

McKenzie's Black Cherry Cider - best cider I've had in a long time, but I love cherry

Monday Night Brewing - Ginger Soda (non alcoholic)

i had sculpin GF for the first time. it's much better than i expected. just a hint of GF. barely noticeable.

i don't know if i wanna throw down like 15 bux for sixers tho

That price for sixers in Texas is all stores marking up the price... often at the push from distributors.  I've seen east and west coast people that get Ballast Point confirm sixers of Sculpin (and variants) are like $10.  Some of the HEBs around Houston will sell Sculpin for like $12... if it's fresh it's def worth $2/bottle.

Also the same reason why places are selling the Prairie Bomb and Noir variants for like $12 per 12oz bottle.  That shit used to $6 and was the same price as regular Bomb.

Whole Foods' big beer sale tomorrow [5/15]. 20% off everything, plus another 10% if you get a case.

argh. i won't be able to go to the store until saturday. my local wf sux anyway. i think they had sculpin.

i've been kinda taking a break and just drinking hops and grains. so sessonable.

The beer buyer at ours seems to have some connections with the regional distributor and gets them to send all of the regions grapefruit sculpin supply to our store, which means some other stores get screwed over. maybe that's happening with yours. i get another 20% off, so i'll be getting a case for $30.

Found out one of the growler places in my town offers a 16oz mason jar pour. I think this is perfect for me because I can try the max amount of tap beer for minimal cost. Going to hit up this weekend.

My local shop only does the cans, I actually prefer the taste from the can 

nice. the grapefruit taste at the beginning did seem to have a little more pop to it, but i didn't know if that was just placebo.

Edited by Rob060

There's a local specialty beer store gets Sculpin in cans. All the grocery stores including whole foods gets the bottles.

I don't think there's any scientific basis and it's all placebo but just about any craft beer I've had tasted better in cans (talking about those that have glass bottle counterparts).

I guess you get lower temp with canned beer? i'm having greenflash mosaic session now because someone recommended. FML. should have gotten hops and grain. 

Anyone in Texas should be drinking meta modern ipa by oasis.  yeah the session ipas are gimmicky but this shit is delicious.

And I'm pretty sure nothing has changed since GF acquired Alpine.  Alpine has been brewing at GF facilities for years now....