state your beer, drinkers

How is that Layne?

was a little more carbonated than i expected... also had to let it warm up quite a bit before i picked up any of the chipotle.

it has that belgian-y farmhouse yeast you pick up in most jester king beers. i enjoyed it and will definitely pick up a couple more, if for no other reason than to age them for a year or so (think they'd benefit).

lemme know if you want one. i'm still on the hunt for their sour that came out not too long ago.

I've also been enjoying this as of late. It's a breakfast beer if I've ever had one!

imperialjavastoutcard.jpg

Haha I just took the picture like that for my tumblr :) Actually got some as extras in a trade for Hill Farmstead bottles on Sunday. It's supposed to be around this week though so I'm keeping my eyes open, will hopefully score a few 4pks.

Also, Layne, Heady Topper is easy to trade for. Just find somebody in VT, they can go buy it whenever they want. I'm sure some Jester King would get you some no problem.

Edited by shufon

fruet was coo. would rather have 3 bottles of karl strauss 23rd tho

Oh man, I can't wait to pick up my Fruet! Those 100% -bal aged anniversary beers are ones I look forward to most.

^Hah, nice pics dude. The wax on that PVW? Eclipse on the table is completely ridiculous. How was that NG Iced Barleywine? Also, I want to tick Rorie's Ale. I'm jealous. :\

Sorry I missed your questions, yo. That was 2010 Brandy Eclipse, the lavender waxed ones were the first of the run when they were just mixing wax colors til it turned maroon.

Iced barleywine was tasty, had a few years on it but was aging gracefully with all the dark fruit and caramel you'd expect and hope for.

I almost skeeted when I saw that Rorie's ale brought out haha.

That Ren care package is teh hotness. Alpine is just so magical.

Grabbed a growler of day old Row 2 Hill 56. 1 liter mug was a must.

563864_622021936200_30901258_32007766_1189045640_n.jpg

Their new IPA More Cowbell is good too. Nice tropical fruit hop character and nice and dry.

Edited by B-Dawg

Cracked this open tonight. I picked up no cinnamon or oak flavor at all. Before letting it warm up to about 60F, it tastes like carbonated pineapple juice.

As of late, the la folie is the only one out of the Lips of Faith series that I'd buy again.

DSC_0566.jpg

First tasting I've ever hosted at my house.. missing pics of a few of the beers from late in the tasting but here goes:

tumblr_m48tk3569T1qjuprfo1_1280.png

2012 Hill Farmstead E.

tumblr_m48um2Njat1qjuprfo1_1280.png

Batch 4 Sanctification (2009-ish I believe?)

tumblr_m48vr4rkI71qjuprfo1_1280.png

Cascade Blueberry and 2012 LeBleu. This year's LeBleu kinda sucks, don't trade for it. 2011 is the only one worth trading for.

tumblr_m48xxd35Wc1qjuprfo1_1280.png

The greatest stout ever made.

tumblr_m490i30zmw1qjuprfo1_1280.png

2012. Delicious stuff but overshadowed by the Rare.

tumblr_m4924g8CLG1qjuprfo1_1280.png

Rare Bourbon County + Chocolate Rain = Rare Rain

tumblr_m492usInPQ1qjuprfo1_1280.png

2009 BA Wee Heavy.. this was ok. It tasted thin but I think it was just because of the beers that preceded it.

tumblr_m49cl8jAYs1qjuprfo1_1280.png

I don't remember drinking this but this picture was on my phone and tumblr :\

tumblr_m49aflw5yx1qjuprfo1_1280.png

The reason why I don't have tastings at my house-- I start opening stuff that wouldn't get opened if I wasn't drunk. 2009 Brute.

tumblr_m4a7n6ZJUl1qjuprfo1_1280.jpg

Final lineup. Super Baladin Sour Edition '04 isn't pictured here (it's off to the left).

Edited by shufon

Found a couple more pics on my untappd..

03c748873debfe7f97a5810fccccfe1d_640x640.jpg

Duchessic. Apparently this bottle style isn't available in the US and it says Cantillon on it which the US bottles don't mention. It's 50% Birra del Borgo Duchessa and 50% Cantillon Classic Gueuze. Was really tasty.

7b3001b353f7ae4e87eefe99b36a1de6_640x640.jpg

2004 Sour Super Baladin. Nice mix of a strong ale and a sour.. I had the 2005 recently and this one was definitely much more sour.

Edited by shufon

Also is there any way to edit pic size when posting images here?

I just edit (crop) in photobucket before posting.

It pisses me off that images posted thru photobucket are blocked at work, but not flickr.... guess I need to swap over.

Edited by Layne

I just take it straight from tumblr/facebook. Guess it uses the pics straight from my phone.

Had this last night as well. Got it as an extra, was a confused awful mess of a beer, wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

545721_10100585583627895_38408160_45856895_1480362881_n.jpg

cant go wrong with the pyramids :

specially on a warm day in la