state your beer, drinkers

^What batch is that? Usually that beer pours fairly flat for me.

Oh and from Saturday afternoon:

tumblr_m24k5fBLbQ1qjuprfo1_500.png

For any New Yorkers who follow the thread, Downtown Bar and Grill in downtown BK has a sick bottle selection. I bought the 07 Doggie Claws there and then got an 07 Bourbon County to go. They have 08 and 11 Bourbon County as well :)

Edited by shufon

Not sure when I'll get around to opening it but I'll let you know what I think when I do. It's definitely a nice pickup, although I wish I could get The Jaspers instead :)

edit: or Black Cherry Bomb for that matter but even if I was willing to spend hundreds on a bottle of that, I'd have to find one first.

Edited by shufon

how was the '07 doggie claws? picked up a '09 one recently

having the mean old tom 2011 batch and it's damnn good. def one of the better stouts I had.

had the 2009 Cuvée Van De Keizer Rood at the bar the other day (on company's tab). very strong belgian but goes down smooth. had 1.5 bottles to start the night and i accidentally stayed out til 1am on a weekday

Cuvée Van De Keizer Rood6929192696_9253d7fb2c_z.jpg

and lastly, today's pick-up. the 2 in the right is from idle hands brewery (everett, ma).

6929192518_447b5a61df_c.jpg

PS: st louis is a great beer town

Had the smoke jumper last night. I enjoyed it and would definitely buy again.

Tonight I cracked open the Rye on Rye. This beer is fantastic IMO. Immediately when I poured it into the glass, it smelled like rye whiskey. I can't wait to hang onto one of these for a year or so and then check it out.

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

how was the '07 doggie claws? picked up a '09 one recently

07 was delicious. I'm not a big fan of barleywines but I could've had a few more of those no problem.

shufon, how was the cisco the woods oak aged ale? saw it but didnt p/u bc of the price and not knowing much about it

Woods series is good as long as you're selective.. Pechish Woods, Monomoy Kriek, and Full & By Rye are all delicious. Lady of the Woods was good, but nothing great. Dark Woods and Winter Woods are not worth trying at all. I haven't had Cherry Woods yet but I imagine it's mediocre. Whether the good ones are worth the money is subjective to the buyer.. the only one I go back to is Pechish. It is damn good and I'm willing to shell out the money for an easy to get peach sour :)

Some pics from yesterday:

HF Double Galaxy, HF Columbus, and Kern River Just Outstanding

tumblr_m2hmgeHeP41qjuprfo1_500.png

BA 2 Turtle Doves

tumblr_m2hrbh3tgH1qjuprfo1_500.png

Funky Buddha Passionfruit Berlinerweiss

tumblr_m2hs2wtq7v1qjuprfo1_500.png

Upright Fantasia and Upright Five Aged in Fantasia Barrels

tumblr_m2htftV6HY1qjuprfo1_500.png

Bells Black Note

tumblr_m2hu8hGh8V1qjuprfo1_500.png

2004 New Belgium La Folie

tumblr_m2huf2RCwK1qjuprfo1_500.png

2012 Cigar City Hunahpu's

tumblr_m2hx1serYr1qjuprfo1_500.png

Upright Blend Love 2

tumblr_m2i1jl657b1qjuprfo1_500.png

Funky Buddha Last Snow

tumblr_m2i1p5XjtA1qjuprfo1_500.png

^Come to NYC, contribute wales, enjoy everybody else's contributions. It's a nice system :)

Got a box from one of the brewers at Portsmouth last week:

tumblr_m2noi94sSL1qjuprfo1_1280.png

Opened some random bottles in the fridge on Friday night. Fantome Pissenlit was really nice, Muscat d'Amor was nothing but chardonnay and oak, Portsmouth Flanders Red was the worst beer I've ever had, Sanc just keeps getting better with age, and the others were all pretty solid.

tumblr_m2t5obpu1q1qjuprfo1_1280.png

Opened my first bottle on Friday with the girlfriend. Amazingly (but somewhat not to my surprise), she said "not sour enough":

tumblr_m2ta4kNpNc1qjuprfo1_1280.png

Edited by shufon

^Come to NYC, contribute wales, enjoy everybody else's contributions. It's a nice system :)

I'm actually coming up the last weekend in June to visit friends. I'm not sure if I could bring beer on the plane, but I doubt Texas has anything that NYC can't get.

Texas breweries are better than ever lately. Take a growler of Live Oak Heffe

edit: cracked a bottle of Boxer's Revenger the other day...needs more carbonation. The house yeast version of Black Metal is great, though. I was skeptical, but I like it more than the original.

Edited by youkinorn2

^Yah, youkinorn knows better than me what Texas has that NY doesn't. All I know is that I wanna try the new Jester King sour!

I was a little disappointed honestly. Had had a few beers ahead of it, though, so we'll drink some at the event when I'm up there. Das Wunderkind is good for sure, and I'll bring my bottle of it I think.