state your beer, drinkers

My palate was a bit worn down by that point in the day, but I remember being kinda let down by Wild One. It was both sweeter and less sour than I expected. Mouthfeel was nice, taste was decent, but overall the beer was not as impressive as I was expecting. My opinion might be skewed due to having had sours I thought were much better that day though. Regardless, it's worth at least trying, and if you don't like it I'm sure you won't have a problem trading your other bottles :)

Edited by shufon

The Armand 4 series definitely. I'm not sure if they are sold outside of Belgium but they're worth putting on the list, especially Lente. Also, there are a lot of Cantillon bottles you can't get in the US that you should have her look for. Again, they might only really be found in Belgium but it's worth a shot.

^Just got a free iPhone replacement. New camera lens is nice :)

This stuff is delicious. $15 for a 750 off the shelf, Witbier fermented once with brett, once in Chard barrels, and then bottle fermented. Blows Zwanze 2010 away.

tumblr_lvgen0cdpu1qjuprfo1_500.png

Edited by shufon

23rvj2v.jpg

Jester King Commercial Suicide

Dark mild brewed with oak chips. Nice malty sweetness and body (especially for such a low abv beer). Vanilla and dark fruit from the wood. Kind of plummy as it warmed up. As you can see, it had a LOT of carbonation, which was sort of unexpected.

15i6nac.jpg

Glad I got to try this. First sour (and one of the first few beers bottled period) by 512. It was ok. Not very complex and a little too much balsamic vinegar taste for me. Kind of reminded me of an inferior, vastly less sour La Folie - although the fruit flavors were actually pretty different, if I recall correctly...way more apple in the La Folie.