state your beer, drinkers

i didn't ask. i was stoked on the splinter and the CdC. i was offered a wild from bullfrog but most reviews said it was ok so i passed. i think i traded too much the past month. I'm still waiting on my upland lambics...i guess the guy who was offering the mule service got appendicitis. also waiting on surly 5, sang royal, cascade kriek, wild wild bret rouge.

how often are you guys trading?

Nice dude, you have a lot of good stuff coming your way.. if you like the Cascade Kriek and want more, let me know-- I see a lot of 2009 and 2010 sitting around shelves here.

As far as trading, I was making 1-2 trades a week for a good while but the shipping costs added up REALLY quickly. I stopped trading altogether for about 2 months earlier this summer, but since I've been in the city I've been doing a lot of in person trades.

@jon- yes it did! i was going to try and order another but i figure i can trade some stuff down the road for it.

@walt- the only thing i did to offset the cost was throw some old stone stuff on auction which made up for all the shipping i incurred. i'm sure i've seen cascade around here but thought i'd clear out old stuff for new stuff. i've been tempted to get some of the upright stuff but i might hold out until my buddy gets back from portland.

Nice dude, you have a lot of good stuff coming your way.. if you like the Cascade Kriek and want more, let me know-- I see a lot of 2009 and 2010 sitting around shelves here.

As far as trading, I was making 1-2 trades a week for a good while but the shipping costs added up REALLY quickly. I stopped trading altogether for about 2 months earlier this summer, but since I've been in the city I've been doing a lot of in person trades.

same, here, i was trading often and damn, the shipping costs added up real fast. drinking local is the way to go, unless i'm really craving something that can't be substituted.

for some reason, i have a bad feeling about the stone trade... dude put a lot of work into getting the beer and once i sent it out he hasn't messaged me about sending anything out. ugh...

i like drinking local IPAs but like to venture out for wild/sour ales.

Be patient, if the guy has a lot of refs you'll probably be fine. Where does he live? He may be waiting to ship til after this hurricane bullshit blows over, I just notified two people I'm in that I'm not shipping til next week because of it.

yeah that's pretty shady since he's clearly avoiding you while checking the forums. or maybe he's still working out a deal to get your beer... either way, lack of communication is always suspect.

This is pretty likely as well.

If you can send me some of the freetail stuff, i'll send you some Pliny.

I know their brewpub is in San Antonio but I'll look around and see if I can find their beers in the Houston area.

EDIT: Just spoke with someone at Freetail -- Texas law only allows them to sell their beers at their pub in san antonio.

Met youkinorn and another friend at Rattle n Hum today for some Hill Farmstead beers.. drank Double Galaxy, Double Citra, Civil Disobedience batch 2 (awesome), Vera Mae, and Arthur. Also got these in a trade:

dscn2843x.jpg

100% Bourbon Barrel Cuir and Goose Island Imperial Brown Goose (woop :))

2 of your boxes had bottles break or 2 boxes coming to you had bottles break? (either way it sucks, just wondering)

2 boxes i had sent out had a break.. the hess 1 year anno (first bottle run from brewery) neck broke.. and some extras in another i sent out broke... going to keep trading to a minimum this month. also, might try to make a trip up north next month to get framboise for a cure...